Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Battery Volt Error"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default "Battery Volt Error"

I just recently purchased a 6500mah 7.4v 150c lipo.I have a duratrax onyx 230 charger with a deans banana plug lead.After i programmed my charger for the lipo.I went to start the charge and my charger started beeping and when i read the screen on the charger it said Battery Volt Error.So i decided to go to the troubleshooting section of my charger manual.it told me that the battery had been discharged to too low of a voltage and is no longer suitable for use.???? Discharged? I just got this battery and was just trying to charge it? So i got out a voltmeter and the reading was 4.1v.Now if maxamps makes there packs fresh and goes through a multipoint inspection.Why would this be? Hmmmmmm! Well,i decided to send the pack back and there going to check it out.Im sure they will do good by it.But now this pack has cost me up around 173.00.Because of the 20.00 to ship it back to them.Hopefully ill get reimbursed for the shipping back to them.When all is said and done i hope this lipo is really worth it!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Update,It ended up being a junk pack.It took me about a week and a half to get a new pack back.Never,offered to reimburse me for the money i had to pay to ship it back to them ($20.00).The battery pack has been all right so far.But as far as customer service goes,I would have to say it really wasnt worth purchasing the battery pack and i definately would not buy from them again.So buy at own risk!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all you had to do was set your charger to nihm and charge it for a minute to get a charge on the cell then you could charge the battery on normal lipo charger but make sure you are standing next to the battery for that 1 min or less
Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

I will print this out and post it on my "good information to have" board.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

seems to me that there multipoint inspection has quite a few holes in it.. I had the same problem with my 9000xl pack.. They have had my pack for a month now.. and get this apparently nothing was wrong with it.. so they now what the so called matching pack that i bought.. I unfortunatley am at the mercy of the dealer I bought them which is having to deal with them.. So much for buying a battery for race season it will be over before i get my packs back..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default CHARGING LIPO ON NIMH

JOEHPISAVAGE YOU SAY TO CHARGE THE LIPO ON NIMH FOR A MINUTE THEN THE PACK GETS CHARGED DOES THAT REALLY WORK WILL IT BE BALANCED AFTER THAT ??????
Old 05-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no your only putting a charge on that lipo for the charger to read the volts bc if the battery is drained to fair the charger wont read it and says battery volt low

butafter theres alittle charge then balance charge them like normal till fully charged
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by joehpisavage
all you had to do was set your charger to nihm and charge it for a minute to get a charge on the cell then you could charge the battery on normal lipo charger but make sure you are standing next to the battery for that 1 min or less

this is true you can do the above to sometimes bring an unusable lipo back to life, but remember once a pipo has had any of its cells discharged below 3v the pack it has been permanently damaged and although the pack may work fine for a while it will never have the same perforamnce as before and its usable life span will be shorter so i would only attemp as a last resort. (i recommend very low amps till the cell voltage is brought above 3v and be very careful when doing this that you DO NOT FULLY CHARGE THE LIPO ON NIMH SETTING or fire could result! and as with any lipo in question be very careful and charge away from anything flammable)