Search

MaxAmps 7.4 8000HV Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default MaxAmps 7.4 8000HV Help

Hello,
I have a new in box MaxAmps 8000HV 7.4volt LIPO. I'm new to the lipo thing ( my first one actualy ) Anyway, 2 part guestion: First, could I get a hard case for it throught MaxAmps or do I need to send it to you guys to install. Second, not 100% sure how to charge. Do I need a set number of amps or do I just use my blinky and program the charger for 7.4volt Lipo, at 8000
Old 01-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Hello,

Sorry but we don't offer a hard case for the 8000's.

Set your charger to Li-Po, 2S capacity at 8000 and a max charge rate of 8 amps.

Jason
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank You very much Jason.Been wanting to throw some juice in it to bring it to life, but wanted to do it the correct way.
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
Hello,

Sorry but we don't offer a hard case for the 8000's.

Set your charger to Li-Po, 2S capacity at 8000 and a max charge rate of 8 amps.

Jason
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just ordered 2 of these i'm putting only one at a time on a converted slayer im running the Mamba Monster 2200 KV w/ESC do you think i made good descion on battery choice or bad wasnt sure what size to get didnt want nothing to big or small
Old 03-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by laser_cart
I just ordered 2 of these i'm putting only one at a time on a converted slayer im running the Mamba Monster 2200 KV w/ESC do you think i made good descion on battery choice or bad wasnt sure what size to get didnt want nothing to big or small

I'm a little confused, you say your only going to run one at a time on a converted Slayer?? So your going to run a CC Monster 2200 KV motor on one 7.4 volt pack?? If so that's gonna be one slow truck. You should be running them both in series for a 4S set-up. Then you'll have something.

Jason
Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
I'm a little confused, you say your only going to run one at a time on a converted Slayer?? So your going to run a CC Monster 2200 KV motor on one 7.4 volt pack?? If so that's gonna be one slow truck. You should be running them both in series for a 4S set-up. Then you'll have something.

Jason
well how slow you talking i'm not wanting to go like 70mph just around 40-45mph me and my buddy's just race on a small dirt oval do you think the battery's will get the 45min run time or is it to much of a load with the slayer running only 1 2s at a time thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

well how slow you talking i'm not wanting to go like 70mph just around 40-45mph me and my buddy's just race on a small dirt oval do you think the battery's will get the 45min run time or is it to much of a load with the slayer running only 1 2s at a time thanks
Try 12- 15 mph. If your planning on running that thing in the 40 to 45 MPH range you will need the power of 4S. Both packs. That's what is used to race any 1/8th scale buggy or truggy and they run geared for 40 to 45 MPH. On 2S it's gonna be worthless. That motor was made to run on 4S to 6S. If you wanted to run 2S or 3S packs only the 2650 would have been the better choice for you It was designed for 4S max. I'm building a Kershaw Design Revo chassis right now with Slayer suspension and it's getting the 2200 and the 4S and 6S pack treatment for sure.

Jason
Old 03-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok well can i return the battery's to yall in exchange for 11.1 4s when they come in
Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

ok well can i return the battery's to yall in exchange for 11.1 4s when they come in
You don't understand. 2S = 7.4 volts, 3S = 11.1 volts, 4S = 14.8 and so on. If you run your two 2S2P 7.4 volt 8000's in series you will have a 4S 8000 pack. If you want to return what you have now there is a re stocking fee which is explained on our RMA form at the bottom of our warranty page here: http://www.maxamps.com/warranty.php . So in short there is no 11.1 volt 4S pack. It's quite clear you don't understand what your doing or attempting to do. I would suggest you do a bit more research into your conversion before you make any more purchases.

You may find some useful info here as well: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=1626

Jason
Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

Well this is what happened yes i'm just starting out in this electric stuff BUT i called Max Amps twice first man talked to said he recommened a 2s pack said it would be plenty for my application then i called back next person talked to said a 4s pack but he said it's just your preference no one said that 2s lipo is junk for CC 2200 until now so i'm screwed wish i could remeber there names i also just called back to see if i get a third different awnser from calling talked to Josh he was great i will be going with the 6500 4s2s so is this going to work and now i read what you said in return's now i have to pay extra %20 for restocking i wish i would have found this thread first instead of calling because im trusting you to many on here say good things about you
Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Well this is what happened yes i'm just starting out in this electric stuff BUT i called Max Amps twice first man talked to said he recommened a 2s pack said it would be plenty for my application then i called back next person talked to said a 4s pack but he said it's just your preference no one said that 2s lipo is junk for CC 2200 until now so i'm screwed wish i could remeber there names i also just called back to see if i get a third different awnser from calling talked to Josh he was great i will be going with the 6500 4s2s so is this going to work and now i read what you said in return's now i have to pay extra %20 for restocking i wish i would have found this thread first instead of calling because im trusting you to many on here say good things about you
We do our best to help people out. I know sometimes it is very hard for us to understand exactly what people are asking us. So I can understand if there was maybe a bit of confusion with someone on our end. Like I said we do our best. In most cases though with doing conversions it's the converters part to learn and understand what they are going to do and be doing. To add to that not all our guys are up to date on conversions. There are so many different ones out there that's it tough to keep up with them all. That's where I come in. I'm the one that tries to keep up and it's not easy. So please don't take it out on us we do our best to help in any situation but the end user is the one that really needs to fully understand what they are getting into before they dive in.

As I stated earlier if you have room for the two 8000's you can use them in series with your conversion. If not then yes a 4S 6500 or 5250 would probably better suite your needs. But we can't say for sure because we don't know what type of battery tray your using or how much room you have to start with.

-J
Old 03-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for talking with me i talked to josh about battery room have planty room to run 8000 im not mad about wrong battery or at yall really happy with you just digusted with having to pay %20 to return them just and man i tried researching them thats why im on this site i called probally 15 different places and no one really said you need atleast this size battery for that motor but i should have looked more i will be back with you for all my battery needs from here on out you the only person i talked to that will explain something and i dont want to run them in series try to keep weight down just only want to run 1 at a time
Old 03-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for talking with me i talked to josh about battery room have planty room to run 8000 im not mad about wrong battery or at yall really happy with you just digusted with having to pay %20 to return them just and man i tried researching them thats why im on this site i called probally 15 different places and no one really said you need atleast this size battery for that motor but i should have looked more i will be back with you for all my battery needs from here on out you the only person i talked to that will explain something
The reason for the restock fee is because we make all the packs as they are ordered. We don't have packs sitting on the shelf ready to ship. If we build a pack for someone and it gets sent back because they bought the wrong one we can't sell it as a new fresh pack. We have to then sell it on e-bay at a loss. So the re-stock fee helps to re coop some of that. But in most cases we still lose. As for the motor and what will make it work best the info is all on Castles site.

"Neu-Castle 2200 KV – Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation. Incredible in monster trucks with up to 6S lipo packs (4s lipo is the sweet spot), and works great in 1/8 Truggies as well. The 2200 is 75mm long making it capable of handling more power than the 2650. This one is the bad boy!"

The info is out there and we are here to help as best as we can.

Glad to hear you'll have the room for the 8000's.

-J
Old 03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

MAN BIG HELP got the order stopped while it was being processed DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY RESTOCK FEE and i changed to the 6500 4s2p 14.8v now i should be good to go THANKS A LOT i would have been dissapointed when i put those other packs in THANKS