Wiki Posts
Search

eos 0610i duo opinions/ comments

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default eos 0610i duo opinions/ comments

ok guys, looks like i'm going w/ the maxamps 2s 7.4v 6000 lipos, and want quick charging for 2 batteries at once.

does the 0610i duo give me any benefit other than buying 2 0610i 's? which would be the better route, getting the duo version or 2 single versions?

anyone who has it also want to give their opinions?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am not sure if its possible, but I think it may be.

you could contact maxamps and see if a harness can be made that will allow you to connect the balancing tap from each pack into a Y harness, and then plug into the 4S port on the 2S-6S adapter the 610i comes with. That way, its charged like its a 4S pack.

Now, if this isn't possible, another option that may be cheaper than going with the full on duo charger if you are money concerned is the 1210i unit. As I understand it, you can network two of the LBA10+ balancers together with that charger and charge two of the same packs together so they charge up like one large 4S pack.

now, I am not sure however if the duo though allows charging of two packs as if they were individual packs, or if its chargers them together as if you are making one large pack. If its the later, the options I listed above could be viable for you. If its the former, you may just want the duo.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Legend

Just confirmed with Maxamps that you can make a Y harness for your packs balancing taps. So it is possible and they could even make it themselves as well.

I may give this a look if I do a dual pack setup on a 1/8 scale buggy.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Just confirmed with Maxamps that you can make a Y harness for your packs balancing taps. So it is possible and they could even make it themselves as well.

I may give this a look if I do a dual pack setup on a 1/8 scale buggy.
wow, you went above and beyond for me cain, thanks! i actually am running 2 t3's , one for me and one for the wife, and want to be able to charge -up both our maxamps 2s 7.4v 6000 batteries togather at the same time, the quickest way possible. i wasnt sure if it takes the duo longer to charge the 2 batteries than if i go with two seperate hyperion chargers for each battery.

i hope that explains the question better.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

We don't make the Y harnesses for the balance taps but this link will show you how: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=699 . The benefit of using the DUO charger is that with the proper power supply you can charge two say 2S2P 6000's at 6 amps each instead of trying to charge two packs with 6 amps only. The DUO is a better more efficient way to do it. Look for a power supply that will do at least 360 watts.

Jason
Old 03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
We don't make the Y harnesses for the balance taps but this link will show you how: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=699 . The benefit of using the DUO charger is that with the proper power supply you can charge two say 2S2P 6000's at 6 amps each instead of trying to charge two packs with 6 amps only. The DUO is a better more efficient way to do it. Look for a power supply that will do at least 360 watts.

Jason
ok, cool! thanks jason!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Legend

When I spoke to the maxamps rep, they said they could make the harness for me for a nominal charge. so if you are not savy at making the harness, they can do it, based on what the rep said.

I agree the duo would do better as it should charge each pack individually, and not treat it as 1 large 4S pack.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

am i able to charge two maxamps 8000 lipos togather at the same time and to full capacity with the duo charger? also, what would i have to set the charger at to charge em, and approx how long would it take to charge them both at the same time?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jedsled
am i able to charge two maxamps 8000 lipos togather at the same time and to full capacity with the duo charger? also, what would i have to set the charger at to charge em, and approx how long would it take to charge them both at the same time?
1) Yes you can charge two batteries at the same time provided you have a beefy enough of a power supply to supply the current, even if you don't the charger will compensate by charging at a lower rate.

2) You would set the charger to 8 amps which is a 1C charge rate, and assuming they are 2S set the number of cells to two and start charging.

3) It takes me 60 minutes to charge a 5400 all the way, at 5.4amps I would think it would be around the 60-70 minute mark for the 8000, more capacity but also higher charge rate.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jedsled
Yes you can. I have a good friend who bought one and he loves it. Infact he likes it enough that he sold his GFX.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
When I spoke to the maxamps rep, they said they could make the harness for me for a nominal charge. so if you are not savy at making the harness, they can do it, based on what the rep said.

The above is not true

I (an employee of MaxAmps) have just gone over this with the crew at maxamps.com. We will not be making these connectors for anyone. They are to time consuming to construct and to costly. Again We WILL NOT be making the "Y" balance tap connectors for anyone. If you go here you can see how to make your own: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=699 .

And make sure you follow the directions. We cannot be held responsible for any damages. If your unsure We suggest you buy the Hyperion EOS0610i DUO charger.

Jason
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
The above is not true

I (an employee of MaxAmps) have just gone over this with the crew at maxamps.com. We will not be making these connectors for anyone. They are to time consuming to construct and to costly. Again We WILL NOT be making the "Y" balance tap connectors for anyone. If you go here you can see how to make your own: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=699 .

And make sure you follow the directions. We cannot be held responsible for any damages. If your unsure We suggest you buy the Hyperion EOS0610i DUO charger.

Jason
Jason,

thats great you guys have gotten that cleared up. I guess I should have ordered it when the maxamps rep stated that it could be done!

Last edited by Cain; 03-20-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

I made my own adapter for the trakpower/orion style hardcase lipos. I used a 6s sidepack tap so I could plug straight into the charger bypassing the breakout pcb. It was cheap, easy to make and works great.
Attached Thumbnails eos 0610i duo opinions/ comments-p3211364.jpg  
Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys, I have ordered the stuff I need to get this done. I can't wait to be done with Nimh.....except for in my radio. Might have to go lipo with them sometime.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There was some emphasis on having a good power supply when using the 0610 Duo for dual pack. What size power supply would be good for doing a pair of larger packs like (2) 8000mah 4s2p packs? Will the Duo work with a linear power supply or only with a switch mode power supply?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.