Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing > MARCCA Discussion
Indoor Offroad Carpet Racing News & Updates >

Indoor Offroad Carpet Racing News & Updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Indoor Offroad Carpet Racing News & Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Indoor Offroad Carpet Racing News & Updates

RACING TOMORROW: We will be racing offroad tomorrow Saturday September 13. Track will open at 12:30pm with racing at 4:30pm.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Track will be open at Noon this Saturday Sept. 20.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Announcements:

1. We will NOT be racing this Saturday (Sept. 27), as it is Clark RC's last official race of the season.

2. Starting Saturday October 4 the following schedules will start:

Offroad: Saturdays – Open at Noon, racing at 4:30pm;
Wednesdays - Practice 6-10pm.

Onroad: Sundays – Open at 9am, racing at 1pm;
Tuesdays - Practice 5-10pm.

3. We need a few of our carpenter skilled members/volunteers to help Daryl Frank build a new taller drivers stand at 9am on Saturday October 4. Please bring drills, saws, measuring tape, etc.

4. We have purchased 2 new 12'x80' rolls of racing carpet and will be adding these to the current track in October after the new stand is built and installed on the pit/announcer side of the track. Our track will be roughly 92' Long x 72' Deep. That's BIG.

All for Now see everyone on October 4.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Cool I will help. This will make it the biggest indoor carpet track in the midwest. Very cool.

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
Announcements:

1. We will NOT be racing this Saturday (Sept. 27), as it is Clark RC's last official race of the season.

2. Starting Saturday October 4 the following schedules will start:

Offroad: Saturdays – Open at Noon, racing at 4:30pm;
Wednesdays - Practice 6-10pm.

Onroad: Sundays – Open at 9am, racing at 1pm;
Tuesdays - Practice 5-10pm.

3. We need a few of our carpenter skilled members/volunteers to help Daryl Frank build a new taller drivers stand at 9am on Saturday October 4. Please bring drills, saws, measuring tape, etc.

4. We have purchased 2 new 12'x80' rolls of racing carpet and will be adding these to the current track in October after the new stand is built and installed on the pit/announcer side of the track. Our track will be roughly 92' Long x 72' Deep. That's BIG.

All for Now see everyone on October 4.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey all! I'm interested in coming out to check out the track and possibly race in the coming weeks.

A little background on me: I am currently an engineering student at UW-Madison. I have been racing primarily on-road carpet for the last 10 years- but also have tried a little carpet off-road, and race dirt as well. I'm from the Chicago area so I usually race down at Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet. At school I currently have only my off-road buggy and maybe my TC someday.

I managed to find the Facebook page, but I couldn't get the website to work. So I have a few questions:
Where is the track located?
What you guys usually run as far as classes go?
Are there any special rules I should be aware of?

For reference I currently have with me a B5M with a mod motor in it- and I have carpet compound mini pin tires if you guys allow those. In the future if I am able to make it out I may bring my 17.5TC car as I love onroad!

I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer and would love to try and come out...if I can convince my friend to borrow his car for the day!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

2841 Index Rd. Madison, Wisconsin 53713

Offroad Carpet Schedule: Saturdays – Open at Noon, racing at 4:30pm; Wednesdays – Practice 6-10pm. (During the Cold months)

Offroad Classes: 2wd Short Course Truck; Stadium Truck; 2wd and 4wd Buggy.

Onroad Carpet - Sundays – Open at 9am, racing at 1pm; Tuesdays - Practice 5-10pm. (During the Cold months)

Onroad Classes: LM1, USGT, Tamiya Mini, TransAm, and Others.

----------

Sounds like your B5M is ready to go.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tire rules for the various classes this year?

With the increase in track size will there be more jumps being made? As it is the current track size with the amount of jumps feels more like onroad with a few jumps than it feels like an offroad track.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

A good amount of progress was made Saturday, Thank you everyone for your help - Especially - Daryl, Scott, John and Karl for the Pizza. We got most of the new drivers stand built, prepped the area for the new carpet, laid out the new carpet to relax and got some racing in. We will be working again this Saturday starting around 9:00am - We plan to finish the drivers stand, rearrange the carpet and lay new perimeter pipe, disassemble the old drivers stand and RACE.

-- NOTICE - Only Onroad Practice will be available this week on Tuesday evening, this will allow us to have a jump free track on Saturday morning, so we can rearrange and lay the new carpet. Wednesday offroad practice will start NEXT week on Oct 15th.

See everyone at the track.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

We had another great Saturday at the track. Thanks again to Daryl, John, Bob, Rick, Tim and others for your efforts.

I will open the track on Wednesday for offroad practice around 5pm. The track is currently setup for onroad. We will have to wait until enough help arrives to put the jumps out. If no one shows by 6:30pm I will close practice.

Daryl will be at the track again this Saturday around 9am to install the second set of stairs on the new drivers stand - he will need some help as I will be out of town!

See you at the track!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What happened with practice tonight? I waited until 6:45 and no one came to open the door.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
What happened with practice tonight? I waited until 6:45 and no one came to open the door.
I am sorry I was out of town and I had arrange with another person to open up practice. He most have forgotten. I will open up next week around 5pm.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will the track be open for practice tomorrow?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Track will be open this week on:
- Tuesday after 5pm for onroad practice
- Wednesday after 6pm for Offroad Practice
- Saturday after 12pm for Offroad Racing
- Sunday after 9am for Onroad Racing

Reminders:
Club memberships expire on Dec. 31, You can renew anytime at the track. Membership is $50 for the year and includes reduced race fees and Free practice.

We will be starting our first point series for offroad and onroad on Dec. 6 & 7.

We will be racing the Saturdays after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Stay Warm - See everyone at the track
Old 11-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

where is everyone hiding for the offroad racing do we need to set class up or what
Old 11-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MARRCA Raceways Saturday night off road racing program has been under way for several weeks now. The first 8 week point series will start on December 6th. If you have not been out yet this season then you’re in for a surprise! The track is much bigger! We have added 24 more feet to the depth of the track and built a driver stand that is approximately 3X higher and moved it closer to the pits. Track dimensions are now 92’ x 72’. Last week several more jumps were made to help fill all the extra track space and there are plans to make more. Track opens at noon on Saturdays with racing starting at 4:30pm.

Classes:

Sportsman (A place for beginners) 2WD Buggy, 4WD Buggy, Trucks and SCT vehicles all run together. Rubber or foam tires allowed.

Intermediate SCT (These are Short Course Trucks, class formally know as Open SCT) for the driver that is too good for Sportsman but still developing their skills to hopefully run in the Pro SCT class in the future. Rubber tires only. Tires must be typical SCT tires with a rim size of 2.2” outer diameter and a 3.0” inner diameter.

Pro SCT (These are Short Course Trucks, class formally know as Super SCT) for the most skilled drivers. Rubber tires only. Tires must be typical SCT tires with a rim size of 2.2” outer diameter and a 3.0” inner diameter.

Intermediate Truck (These are Stadium Trucks, class formally know as Open Truck) for the driver that is too good for Sportsman but still developing their skills to hopefully run in the Pro Truck class in the future. Typically foam tires but rubber is allowed.

Pro Truck (These are Stadium Trucks, class formally know as Super Truck) for the most skilled drivers. Typically foam tires but rubber is allowed.

Buggy (2WD Buggies) Rubber tires only.

Foam Buggy (2WD & 4WD Buggies) Foam tires only

Wheeler (4WD Buggies) Rubber tires only.

2WD and 4WD buggies must have a front shock tower cover to prevent the upper shock mount screws from ripping the carpet if the vehicle lands upside down.

All vehicles must not have an axle that extends past the wheel nut unless the wheel extends past the axle. This is to prevent the axle from ripping the carpet if the vehicle lands on it’s side.

All vehicles must use some kind of chassis protector to cover any screws on the bottom of the vehicle that could come loose and rip the carpet.

No wintergreen based traction compounds or any traction compounds that are heavily scented. If the person pitting next to you can smell it, it’s probably not allowed. Most racers are using SXT 3.0 or Sticky Fingers.

There are no motor limits however it is highly encourage not to run more that a 10.5 sensored brusshless motor in Intermediate classes and 13.5 in Sportsman. Several of our drivers in the Pro classes are only running 13.5’s and win consistently. Faster motors usually means more crashing and parts breakage. Can’t win if you can’t finish!

There are no battery limits but again more voltage may make it faster but it usually also means more crashing and parts breakage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.