Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 outdoor season

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast Racing
First of all to kill the rumors, Although the bar has closed, the status of the racing program has not changed. We are currently in talks with the owner and until further notice we will be racing every Sunday as usual. We anticipate racing till the end of the season and possibly beyond at our current location.

Secondly, Next Saturday we will be reconfiguring the track. Your input counts. Please post constructive suggestions here or better yet, come out and help next Saturday.

Thirdly, Dog Day Discounts will be in effect starting next Sunday and extending till the end of August. $10.00 for the first entry, $5.00 for a second class. Rates apply to both member and nonmember alike.
but without water it is kind of hard to maintain a race surface..
Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I thought you liked not watering better? And how do you know we don't have water? Rumors, all rumors. Ask and get the facts before you post please. With alot of tracks not running alot this season, I would hate to see another track go under.
Daryl
Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)

Originally Posted by dayglo33
I thought you liked not watering better? And how do you know we don't have water? Rumors, all rumors. Ask and get the facts before you post please. With alot of tracks not running alot this season, I would hate to see another track go under.
Daryl
He is full of them probably the one who started them.but then it is every one kinda. One heres one thing. And so on lets just have fun racing toy cars.

Last edited by j dogg; 07-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Daryl
pretty simple. i called gabe last weekend and he said there was no water..

Originally Posted by j dogg
He is full of them probably the one who started them.
yup you are right jeff.. i just start them for no reason.. get a clue before you post.. and please quit being nice to me when you see me.. as i have no time for people like this..
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Doesn't matter to me. All this is a bunch of crap that has been going on and needs to stop. We all may not always get along, but the point is we all like to race R/C cars and we have a place to run them. Lets not wreck that. It all depends on the members to put in the work and make it a great and fun place to race. I would rather have a place to race than not.
Daryl
Old 07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

d. you know i have no issues with you.. but with out water you can not repair or build a new track.. no one can.. yes i like no water.. i was not saying anything about race days.. i was asking how will a rebuild go with out water to pack down jumps and all the loose soil.. dont read into it too deap.. it is just not worth it..
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
pretty simple. i called gabe last weekend and he said there was no water..

yup you are right jeff.. i just start them for no reason.. get a clue before you post.. and please quit being nice to me when you see me.. as i have no time for people like this..
Its every one that says one thing to another as in u and i and other people so we all r gilty.

Last edited by j dogg; 07-08-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Oh boy...

Now were talkin... Just what I need to see... Hey while were at it lets gang up on all the other tracks too... No need to let a perfectly good bitch session go to waiste Sometimes we should really check our pride at the door, weather you like someone or not they may have a good point. And since there was no comment made about "Our" track for the past couple, three weeks then it certainly lends itself to a"Speculation" hence why I tried to start a dialog a week ago but no one chimed in.
Ok, i'm done now, someone pass my the popcorn and let me know when the shows over so I can dust off the big cars and play in the dirt again

Last edited by RichyRich; 07-08-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

It's all good Jeremy. I have no issues with you or anyone. There was alot of talk about what was happening with the track. There was a board meeting today and things were discussed. I think no one wanted to post on here before we had the meeting and knew what was happening for sure. The track needs a rebuild. The new track will be made to be more friendly to the average driver and not as much of the space will be used. We will try to get the lap times down. As far as the electric and water goes, it is on. We will be racing there this summer. We hope to get a great layout ready and get it done on Saturday so we can race on Sunday. If anyone has any questions, please ask and we will try to answer your questions.
Thanks, Daryl.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If anyone has any questions, please ask and we will try to answer your questions.
Thanks, Daryl.
Is Daryl's LiPo Disposal Service still available? Just majorly puffed a 4S 3000 pack.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

FYI - AKA has some great deals on Tires/Rims under the special deals section on their website.

Special Deals
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Some helpful advice for attracting more people.

1. Updating the Marcca website a little more.
2. I HIGHLY recommend making a simple flyer about the track etc and then give the stacks to local/willing hobby shops. (Trackside etc etc...I know of 3 hobby town's in the greater Milwaukee area plus Greenfield News and hobby)
3. Run a point series with awards at the end of the season.

Just some idea's that might help with attendance and attracting more/new people.

On a side note- I do feel its difficult for a good amount of people to make it out saturday(Clark) and sunday for racing. Myself included.

Good luck with the track build and I hope to make it out there soon.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Psf
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

How bad have turnouts been? I went last year and it seemed decent. What classes are running strongest these days?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Turn outs have been 25-30 racers scattered across 3 classes. 1/8 scale Buggy, Truggy and SCT 4x4. We could run 2wd SCT if we get 4 to make a class.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default @ Walt,Chuck,Daryl

Emergency change in work schedule prohibits me from helping tomorrow. Hydrolic Oil for Bob Cat is in the control Tower. Sorry Guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.