Wiki Posts
Search

Outdoor racing - 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Not that I'm defending nitro over electric (thinking of converting myself) but I think I can easily justify the noise attraction by suggesting that everyone turn on a NASCAR or F1 race on tv and watch it with the sound muted for 10 minutes.
Try telling the crowd they have to watch the race without a beer, now you would loose 90 percent of the audience for sure.

In my industry the imports make non of that noise. Yet they are just as fast if not faster and get good milage too. Muscle cars are a thing of the past. Except for us old guys who want to hold on to a bit of the past.

If the hobby is to grow it will need new enthusiasts. I predict they will be electric, not Nitro.

Again I could be wrong, I mean really, that SCT thing will never take off

Keith.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

We are a club that has plenty of room for everyone to race. Electric, Nitro, Fart powered.. really doesn't matter.

When we do not have enough racers in one class we allow them to join other classes. We do our best to accomidate all racers and keep the competition equal so everyone can have fun.

Enough of this internet racing... I'm going to the track and play with my toys. See you there.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

see it is not just me that gets ragged on in threads.... ok i think i got my point...

keith as stated i am in the "middle" generation right now... i grew up sort of with musle cars but now are industry see way more tuner cars.... times do change but how and when is up the each industry..

as for nitro it is my heart and soul but with the rtr o'donnell electric buggy being made for the price i might get 1 just to have.. does not meen i will not enjoy or make a full switch over but just means more wheel time.....

things in the rc industry change way to fast and that is what drives racers away... not so much the track. guys at the track or economy( ok maybe this a little bit) but the fact that the hottest "new" thing will be out next week or next month..

we as a racing community need to make changes to our racing program as needed..

i dont want to step on anyones toe's or sound rude or anything remotely close to that but some times as a club things get pushed to a meeting the next month and or forgotten.. then things go wild on here like normal.. racing at a place that is run by lets use scotty and an example::::: if something come up he adresses it and that is final same day... the clubs does a good job talking about things in many different ways but there seems to be an indecisive answer about a situations.. i wish that there was 1 guy for outdoors and 1 for indoors and the pres.. have them 3 address any problems and be done with it.. at least for emergency concerns..... like i said i do not want to step on anyones toes or anything.. no i am not made in any way , shape, or form.... just trying to make racing better for EVERYONE that is involved.......

thanks for letting me air my mind... all i am seeing is purple and smelling paint... you ask why?? well just got done painting siera's room purple for her... gosh, i hate prurple those darn girls........... jeremy
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

More and more team drivers will be given electrics. Soon they will see their times are better with the electrics. The tide will start to turn. Add to this the influx of new electric drivers and it will change the face of 8th scale racing.

Yes MARCCA is a club. We try to let everyone run. There will need to be a lot of effort put forth into trying to get an outdoor track ready. Class structure can be reactionary or proactive. I guess the members will decide.

Keith.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kghills
More and more team drivers will be given electrics. Soon they will see their times are better with the electrics. The tide will start to turn. Add to this the influx of new electric drivers and it will change the face of 8th scale racing.

Yes MARCCA is a club. We try to let everyone run. There will need to be a lot of effort put forth into trying to get an outdoor track ready. Class structure can be reactionary or proactive. I guess the members will decide.

Keith.

also a name that might fit marcca new track...
"good times raceway presented by marcca"

Last edited by J.Whiting; 03-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You're probably right Keith, the new people will go more towards the Electrics. But unless all the Nitro guys just quit or die off, there will still be Nitro in two years.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
see it is not just me that gets ragged on in threads.... ok i think i got my point...

keith as stated i am in the "middle" generation right now... i grew up sort of with musle cars but now are industry see way more tuner cars.... times do change but how and when is up the each industry..

as for nitro it is my heart and soul but with the rtr o'donnell electric buggy being made for the price i might get 1 just to have.. does not meen i will not enjoy or make a full switch over but just means more wheel time.....

things in the rc industry change way to fast and that is what drives racers away... not so much the track. guys at the track or economy( ok maybe this a little bit) but the fact that the hottest "new" thing will be out next week or next month..

we as a racing community need to make changes to our racing program as needed..

i dont want to step on anyones toe's or sound rude or anything remotely close to that but some times as a club things get pushed to a meeting the next month and or forgotten.. then things go wild on here like normal.. racing at a place that is run by lets use scotty and an example::::: if something come up he adresses it and that is final same day... the clubs does a good job talking about things in many different ways but there seems to be an indecisive answer about a situations.. i wish that there was 1 guy for outdoors and 1 for indoors and the pres.. have them 3 address any problems and be done with it.. at least for emergency concerns..... like i said i do not want to step on anyones toes or anything.. no i am not made in any way , shape, or form.... just trying to make racing better for EVERYONE that is involved.......

thanks for letting me air my mind... all i am seeing is purple and smelling paint... you ask why?? well just got done painting siera's room purple for her... gosh, i hate prurple those darn girls........... jeremy
actually jeremy the club used to have an onroad vice pres and a offroad vice pres......this was back in the days that we were at the track by the airport.....

it is not a horribly bad idea,i am not sure why we went away from it,or towards it...i do know it was only in place for a couple years.....
Old 03-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I can only personally speak of the last 5 years of Marcca. 5 years ago it was a rare night to see 20 racers on a Saturday night. Most nights were in the mid teens. During the past few years we are seeing a huge swing in attendance. I'm not sure why but am excited to see so many racers on a weekly basis. The past three weeks of Saturday nights we have averaged 54 entries. Over the past 9 weeks we averaged over 48. This is a great time to be in the hobby.

Now that club participation is up, I too would like to see more people take charge of different aspects of the club and its activities. Not sure if adding board members is the way to go or maybe we should set up real committies to be in charge of some things. I will certainly bring up this idea to the board when I see them next.

I would love to see more club involvement. We see lots of racers but also need people that want step up into a level of responsibility and work. I know we certainly have some of these people already but would love to see new faces too. Any amount of time or effort helps. I could try to list names that we are ever greatful for their help but do not wish to omit anyone and offend them. All I can say is thank you all for everything you have done, and do, for the club.

Together as a team we can accomplish great things for the club. I have always been pleasantly amazed as to how much work we as a club can get done when needed. I see a bright future for Marcca. Come be a part of it.

Last edited by marccaracer; 03-21-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It's great to see that MARCCA now has an interested and committed president.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
It's great to see that MARCCA now has an interested and committed president.
I very much agree!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

so when ya getting started on the track? I have a week off in mid april that I planned on working at reedsburg, but I'm almost done already there (thanks to mother nature) and could pitch in some for marcca. I can drive the wheels off and bobcat if ur looking for a good operator.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
actually jeremy the club used to have an onroad vice pres and a offroad vice pres......this was back in the days that we were at the track by the airport.....

it is not a horribly bad idea,i am not sure why we went away from it,or towards it...i do know it was only in place for a couple years.....
With the addition of the onroad program, this idea might just take hold again. Maybe this is something that should be re-instated for 2011. The other option is to have 2 executive directors (appointed by the pres) for indoor and outdoor. This wouldn't require any immediate changes to the bylaws.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Try telling the crowd they have to watch the race without a beer, now you would loose 90 percent of the audience for sure.
90% of people need alcohol to watch a race????? Keith, you really need to get out of that dyno room.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spedtke
90% of people need alcohol to watch a race????? Keith, you really need to get out of that dyno room.
The reason I am in there, could it be a Busch series motor? Hmmm who sponsors that series? If its not to drink its for sponsorship.

Keith.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The reason I am in there, could it be a Busch series motor? Hmmm who sponsors that series? If its not to drink its for sponsorship.

Keith.
nationwide insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.