Wiki Posts
Search

Rockpile 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
jeff please post when the poll is ready to vote... so everyone has a fair chance to vote. like i said there are other tracks we will have to compete against to get racers. monroe-reedburg if they get going and also most of the "series or points" races are held on saturday's losing 3-10 guys every other or third weekend to go to those races. also several "special races reedsburg rumble" happen on a sat. losing more racers

also in your poll see if the guys would like an earlier start time. changing it to 11:00 or keep it the same at noon. several guys would like an earlier start time.

jeremy
as of now, Reedsburg will run everyother sunday starting may 3rd. we took consideration of monroe seeings how some of the reedsburg members live that direction, at that was decided before I new about marrca going to sat.

as far as the rumble, that saturday was the only good opening scotty had
Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

all i am trying to say is that there is more racing going on sat. than sunday which will hurt turn out over all during the year than staying with sundays. i will only make 1 maybe 2 sat of racing a month due to work. sunday racing i was going to race EVERY sunday. we all need to lokk at the big picture. why fight over racers?? that is what sat. racing will due. i didnt know reedburg went to sun. they always ran every other week and 1 day was a sat and the other was a sunday. if we run sundays the only race competition will be reedsburg. love the track just so inconsitant on if they are running or not. that is why i dont go there very often. all of scotty's races are on sat. or all weekend.

jeff if the voting is on the marcca site will no registered people get to vote??? i dont know if most of the outdoor crowd is registerd on the marcca board?? i dont know even if they are registered here. but from what i have seen most of the guys post on here compaired to marcca. just a thought where to put the poll for voting.
jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 04-13-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
all i am trying to say is that there is more racing going on sat. than sunday which will hurt turn out over all during the year than staying with sundays. i will only make 1 maybe 2 sat of racing a month due to work. sunday racing i was going to race EVERY sunday. we all need to lokk at the big picture. why fight over racers?? that is what sat. racing will due. i didnt know reedburg went to sun. they always ran every other week and 1 day was a sat and the other was a sunday. if we run sundays the only race competition will be reedsburg. love the track just so inconsitant on if they are running or not. that is why i dont go there very often. all of scotty's races are on sat. or all weekend.

jeff if the voting is on the marcca site will no registered people get to vote??? i dont know if most of the outdoor crowd is registerd on the marcca board?? i dont know even if they are registered here. but from what i have seen most of the guys post on here compaired to marcca. just a thought where to put the poll for voting.
jeremy

reedsburg is runing this year, every other sunday.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

My vote= Rockpile Sunday, 11am. I'm more concerned with the flow of racers between Rockpile and Monroe since they race every week and have many racers between them that are in the habit of racing together all year (indoor too).

It's up to Brian and what he wants to do, this is his private property and home. If it has to be Saturday, I'll still race at the Rock.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

really zac never would have figured that out on my own..... you should support your club..... make your club the best club.... to get the best racing possible.....with the most racers possible....jeremy
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

I vote for sunday at 11am. I work saturdays anyway.

but brian should have the most say, if it goes to saturdays thats fine but I won't make it very often
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

very well put offtrax.. brian should get 50% of the vote or more. his land his time our fun......

also we need as many guys as possible this saturday. finish drivers stand and add jumps to the track. i will be there at 8:00am sat. any and all help would be very nice. if things go well we should get a little track time if enough people show up. i will have my toys along for the day. also need a 10th electric truck and or a slash (stock) to set the jumps for distance.

jeremy
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)

i tnink it sould stay sundays thers some peps that race monroe and the rock.i mean y sould we move to saterdays?we WILL LOSE RACERS if we go to sat.just my two cense.jeff s.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am not a Marcca member so I know my opinion doesn't matter but there are quite a few racers who do race at both Monroe and the Rock pile and I think it has always worked out well in the past with Monroe racing Saturdays and the Rock on Sundays. I think it could potentially hurt the turnout of both tracks if we were to race on the same day, plus I was looking forward to racing at the Rock more this year and racing the same day would eliminate that possibility. I will be supportive either way and this is just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

as much as i hate to race sundays, the 11am sunday makes the most sense...

that however in my opinion.....the fact is that it is brians home and he should have ALL the decision....no vote required.....what brian wants he should get....
Old 04-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

don't forget reedsburg. I hope some of u want to make the trip and try the track out once and a while
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx
don't forget reedsburg. I hope some of u want to make the trip and try the track out once and a while
Wouldn't dream of it. We all love racing there. Don't change the layout too much, it's a winner too.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
as much as i hate to race sundays, the 11am sunday makes the most sense...

that however in my opinion.....the fact is that it is brians home and he should have ALL the decision....no vote required.....what brian wants he should get....

Well said Matt. I sure hope Brian is onboard with this vote. Because if he's not, isn't it a waste of time for Marrcca to vote on this? Sunday at eleven is my vote. Curious.......Do you have to be a Marrcca member to vote? if the Rock pile goes to saturday racing, it will cut into my Monroe time. I think it's a mistake. I sure would like to hear brians take on this.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I burned off another field attracting the attention of the Sheriffs dept. and three Brooklyn fire trucks. Good news is they let me finish the burn. Should have parking for 80-100 vehicles. Just a half dozen bushes left to wak and then I will start to work with the Bobcat. Jason says there will be racing everyday so no need for any voting. We will run all RC8's classes on a rotating schedule. Jason has asked me to get one for him to race in every class so I will probably get two of each so we have backup.

Do I need to set up pylons in the pond for boat racing?

Keith and Jason.

PS I will also put in a fire pit for after the races relaxing by the fire.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cast your vote now on Marrca's Forum for Sunday or Saturday Race Days at the Rockpile.

Marcca Forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.