Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MARCCA Website

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Racers,

Remember, this Friday June 27th, the track will be opened by Todd Schack.

Building will Open a little after 5 PM
Qualifying Begins @ 7 PM
3 Rounds + Mains (If time permits)

HPI Micro
Kyosho Mini-Z
Sportsman Sedan
Stock Sedan
Mod Sedan
Truck with foams running on-road (no jumps / brushless is allowed)

The truck racers are preparing for a possible 4 hrs / 1000 laps Enduro race !!!!!!

Deathrowtoll ......
Old 06-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have a question about the website.

why has it been down so long, and when will it be back up?

if there's some problem, i'd like to know, because this is getting to be a problem, ya' know?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:05 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Did you read the message I posted about 5 posts back?

The site is registered with Network Solutions, which is a notoriously horrible company to deal with. I have been sending them repeated messages over the past 3 weeks trying to get them to fix the problem, and even though a week ago they finally said they would do it, it's still not done.

I could pay to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, but I am not too keen on dumping any more money into this.
I have been asking them (Network Solutions) to redirect the site to the new IP address for awhile now and they haven't done it. I am about to bite the bullet and pay for a switch, which isn't something I wanted to do to begin with -- especially since we are paid up with NSI through 2004 -- but NSI's horrible support has given me no choice.

Anyway, I do what I can for the website, including host it for free. The downside is that it's not a huge priority for me, since I have so much other stuff to do. If you guys feel that isn't a fair deal for the club, you are free to go to somebody else. Besides, nobody has sent me points or any other information at all to put up there anyway, so...
Old 06-27-2003, 11:48 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Hotrod
Shane> thanks, that's all i wanted to know.....there hasn't been alot of comunicaton around here lately. i could do w/o the attitude, though.....it was just a question.
I'm not posting with an attitude -- I just answered the question as best I could. The money comment I made earlier was just a flippant remark, I didn't mean to start something by it, and I outlined it all in email. I didn't even think twice about posting it, I simply gave the reason why I hadn't acted on the issue yet myself.

In fact, the only thing that bugs me about all of this is that I keep hearing through the grapevine how certain people, who will remain nameless here, are bitching about ME, which I don't understand.

Anyway, I will keep everybody up to date on the website when and if the idiots at NSI actually fix it for me.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Offensive posts from Hotrod and JCTC3 have been removed, due to complaints and profanity.

Please keep it clean here guys.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

oh.....and i missed it.....darn.....
Old 06-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Too bad you didn't have a good moderator on this site, he would have taken down knot rods post before I read it and responded. Just for everyones information MY two posts had no profane language but were removed. It looks like you just want to keep knotrod or potrod or what ever his name is happy so he won't cry like a girly!
Old 06-29-2003, 09:35 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Actually, the string of posts was removed because there are kids that read these threads. And yes, Jeff's messages contained no profanity, only Hotrod's did, but they were part of the discussion, so...

Anyway, just drop it, if possible.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:21 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The website is finally in the process of being transferred over. I bit the bullet and paid for it myself, so hopefully marcca.com will be back online in the near future.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The MARCCA website (www.marcca.com) should finally be back up, albeit a little out of date. I need to get some points and stuff up there for the summer series.

Let me know if anybody is still having technical problems. The domain is now under my control and I paid for another year, so there shouldn't be any further downtime.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:31 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The MARCCA website has been updated with all of the latest information for the 2003-2004 Winter Season:
http://www.marcca.com
Old 11-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the indoor points standings are going to be updated
Old 11-16-2003, 06:09 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I haven't heard or received any info about them...

I think the only one running right now is the truck series.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:23 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The MARCCA website is once again up to date!

The first winter points series results are posted.

The information for sedan and truck racing has been changed to include brushless and Mini-T classes.

A link was added to the Nitro Farm's website, per request (since many Madison racers go there occasionally as well).

Here we are:
http://www.marcca.com

Enjoy!
Old 01-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Shane!

Erik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.