General MARCCA Questions

Old 05-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

what is attendance being like indoor on Fridays? I might can go next week if anything is going on.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We have been getting 10-15 people, although I can't speak for the past two weeks because I haven't been there.

There is actually a good group of HPI Micro racers who have been showing up as well.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Angry

Well, I can speak for this week. I was there at 4:30, ALL ALONE. Another guy showed up but he said that nobody has bothered to unlock the building for the last several weeks. Hard to keep a program running when no one takes responsibility for it.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I can only do so much. I told the club that I couldn't be there every Friday any more, after being the only one running it for more than four months. Apparently, the club's response was "we don't care." I gave out keys to a few guys and was under the impression that people would be there.

What do you want me to do, anyway? I already gave up my own racing for the club, and I sure as heck don't get paid for this.

Last edited by futureal; 05-18-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

futureal,

I talked to Vang yesterday, and he voluntered to open the track on Friday. I am sure,
he will try to follow the MARCCA site posting as follow:

Sedan Racing

Racing EVERY Friday

Building Open by 5 PM ( originally 4:00 PM )
Qualifying Begins @ 7 PM
3 Rounds + Mains

HPI Micro
Kyosho Mini-Z
Sportsman Sedan
Stock Sedan
Mod Sedan

I, and Team "Radio Schack" will most likely be attending. Also if there are any truck racers
that would like to try racing foam trucks on-road, bring them on.

deathrowtoll.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

my family showed up at ~5:30 and no one was there. i am pretty sure that there will be someone there on friday the 23
Old 05-18-2003, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Founder

That's awesome.

Yea, I need to get Todd a key to the building also.

I will try and make it whenever I can, if we could work out some sort of a week-by-week schedule I would still be happy to do it at least once a month. I just can't commit to doing it every week any more, especially with doing two outdoor dates each month.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

futureal,
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so cranky, but I was. I wouldn't expect you to do it all, if it is to be a club everyone needs to help. BTW, you sent me a pm, i got the notice that i had one but the message wasn't there.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:22 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I accidentally sent my above post as a PM instead, it was my bad.

It would be nice if everybody in the club helped, but since every board member but me is a truck racer, they don't seem to care. I mean, I'm glad the club is willing to set aside time and money for road racing, but without some more help, it will not last much longer. I am giving it everything I have but no one else is willing to step up...
Old 05-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok it looks like i may have some time to try racing with you folks in june.
only question i have is fo rhe 1/10 elec sportsman touring class is that from what i see the only rule is to have a 1/10 sedan and have a stock motor in it.
anything else i need to know. (car spec's that is)
Old 05-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

big dog1,

That is all you need.

Today, we had 5 sportsman and three Micros, (although one dropped out). Needless to say the Schacks put on a good show (actually they hack me to death, but who is crying, ha, ha).

Next Friday May 30th, the track will be opened by Todd Schack, so bring 'em, if you got them.

Deathrowtoll......
Old 05-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

well ive got to work next fri night again
but i am thinking of the following fri
been wanting to try th rs4 on a real track
im tired of beating it up in the park parking lot
Old 05-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

big dog1,

Excellent, but for the micro-rs4 just make sure you bring very hard- low traction front tires (rubber will work, but foam tires seem to work better), else you will be traction rolling as the carpet has a lot of traction.

deathrowtoll ......
Old 05-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

who said anything about having a micro..
ive got a pro 2.......
Old 05-24-2003, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Founder

You'll want to have a set of Sorex 24/20 or 20/20 tires, or Take Off 22s, to get your car to hook up on the carpet -- that is probably the main difference between racing and parking lot bashing. Everything else should carry over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.