• 1 Post By fiveoboy01

Off-Road 2019-2020

Old 11-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Off-Road 2019-2020

From Eric

Traction compound

I know there has been some people wondering where to get some traction compound. To my knowledge Tracks Hobbies does not have this in stock and it may be worth reaching out to them to see if they will stock it. We only allow SXT 3.0 or Trinity Sticky Fingers. I did place an order for 10 bottles and 5 refill bottles of SXT 3.0. These will be $10 and $27 respectively but Iím not sure when they will show up. Also the club still has 3 bottles of SXT 3.0 Max at the track for $10 each.

Tires (Note: treaded tires will be allowed at the discretion of the club for out of town guests. Please consult with the club when you arrive)

Only tires allowed at MARCCA are foam or non-pin rubber tires. We are fortunate to have Rick Seffrood of Gone Bananas Skinz as a local racer and he makes all of our racers foam tires. If you are in need of some itís best to contact him ASAP. You can message him thru Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Gone-Banana...3209367481509/. He plans on being at MARCCA this Saturday and I believe he is bringing what he has.

Schedule (starting Saturday 11/30)

On road

Sunday open 10am, racing at noon

Tuesday open 6pm, racing at 7pm

Off road

Wednesday practice only, open 6pm - 10pm

Saturday open at noon, racing at 4:30pm

Classes

MARCCAís off road classes for the longest time have been based on skill and not motor size, which is not the norm. In order to draw more racers we will be going to motor sized based classes. This means there will be a stock class (17.5) and modified class (no motor limit) for 2wd buggies and 13.5 motor limit for 4wd buggies. This will not be enforced till the point season starts to give people time to procure the correct equipment. Hereís the classes to start with. This may be modified as deemed necessary.

Novice - Any car any motor. This class is for the new racer just starting out. If your driving skills are a little more advanced, you may be asked to move up a class.

17.5 2WD Buggy - Basically ROAR rules (ROAR Racing) apply here except we will not abide by the weight rule since foam tires are lighter. Biggest things we are looking at here is that itís a ROAR approved 17.5 motor, ESC is in Blinky mode, battery is not charged over 8.4v, and a 2wd buggy.

Mod Buggy - Open motor and battery. Basically run as much power as you think you can drive.

4WD Buggy - Basically the same rules as 17.5 buggy except using a 13.5 motor and a 4wd buggy.

Stadium Truck - Currently this will be left as an open or mod class since there is not that many. We can add a 13.5 class if there is interest.

SCT - Currently this will be left as an open or mod class since there is not that many. We can make changes as necessary.

Please discuss any changes you would like to see with your fellow racers, come to an agreement with what everyone wants, and we can make it happen.

I have not heard what classes the on road group has decided on and I am happy to send another email out once I am informed of that. In the mean time please feel free to stop in on the on road days and talk with them. They will happily point you in the right direction.

Point Series

We will run a weekly off road point series starting Dec. 14th. This will be a 9 week series with 3 drops. The drops will not be used for tie breakers.

Again, Iím not sure what the on road group has planned.

Memberships

We will be accepting memberships for 2020 starting this Saturday. Since the club last had a place to race near the end of 2017, any membership obtained for 2017 will be honored for the rest of 2019. For anyone who purchased a membership for 2018, it will be good thru 2020.

Prices

For many years MARCCAís race and practice fees have been among the lowest in the region and in order to help the club survive, the fees need to be more in line with the times. However, we will keep the membership fee the same $50/year, and additional family members are $25/each. Memberships are from Jan. 1 thru Dec. 31. Prices are as follows starting immediately.

Practice

$5 - Member

$10 - Non-members

Racing

4 Races per class (Typically 3 qualifiers and 1 main)

$15 - Members - $10 for each additional class

$20 - Non-members - $15 for each additional class

3 Races per class (Typically 2 qualifiers and 1 main)

$12 - Members - $7 for each additional class

$17 - Non-members - $12 for each additional class

$2 discount for each class if under 14 years of age. This applies to members and non-members.

I think Iíve covered enough for now. I canít wait to see all of you this weekend!

Happy racing everyone!

Erik Jensen

Last edited by liljohn1064; 11-27-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

103 Pleasant St.
Lodi, WI 53555
Door A

Use the door on the right by the small parking lot.
Please leave the lower spots open for pickup and drop off and park in the upper lot or in the street.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 11-27-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had a good time last night. Saw a few old faces that I haven't seen in a while. Hopefully we can get the numbers up a bit as word gets out.
liljohn1064 likes this.