Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RC8/T Parts

Gents,

Tulong naman..

Where could I find a shop in Manila that sells parts of AE i.e. RC8/T?

Maraming salamat

EYDI
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 AM
cox
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default pitshop

Originally Posted by asaraneta
Gents,

Tulong naman..

Where could I find a shop in Manila that sells parts of AE i.e. RC8/T?

Maraming salamat

EYDI
contact pitshop along araneta ave 7166532
Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Classe

Hello,

Guys I need help. What "classes/chassis/etc" are often raced in Sonic Boom Raceway?

I'm looking for an off-road car that I could use for bashing and racing. I'm look for an off-road car that is 1/10 in scale, has a 4 wheel drive, runs in electric and could be raced frequently in Sonic Boom raceway.

here are some rc car brands that I like.

Team associated
Losi
Tamiya
Traxxas
HPI

I want to stick on one brand and a local hobby shop that has a good parts support. As of now, I'm comfortable buying in Lil's hobby shop, Action hobbies and Pitshop cus most of them are official distributors of a specific product which makes them, for me, a good hobby stop.

anyway hope you guys can help thanks!

Last edited by Adr1an; 07-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adr1an
Hello,

Guys I need help. What "classes/chassis/etc" are often raced in Sonic Boom Raceway?

I'm looking for an off-road car that I could use for bashing and racing. I'm look for an off-road car that is 1/10 in scale, has a 4 wheel drive, runs in electric and could be raced frequently in Sonic Boom raceway.

Team associated
Losi
Tamiya
Traxxas
HPI

I want to stick on one brand and a local hobby shop that has a good parts support. As of now, I'm comfortable buying in Lil's hobby shop, Action hobbies and Pitshop cus most of them are official distributors of a specific product which makes them, for me, a good hobby stop.

Good Day:

Sonic Track and Junkyard are 1/8 scale tracks. 90% of racers run this scale. I suggest getting this scale as it is fast, durable and you will certainly have many running mates most times of the week.

Most popular are Nitro buggy or E-Buggy. Although expensive at first, you will certainly have many hours of fun.

I suggest Losi 8e 2.0 or Associated RC8e
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree with RAJ.. get a tougher and bigger scale kit instead. we've been there... if you want to bash a 1/10th scale kit, make sure you have lots of spares... but having a 1/8 scale gives your more runtime. and another thing, with sonic's high rise driver stand, your 1/10th scale car becomes too small at a distant.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rajS
Good Day:

Sonic Track and Junkyard are 1/8 scale tracks. 90% of racers run this scale. I suggest getting this scale as it is fast, durable and you will certainly have many running mates most times of the week.

Most popular are Nitro buggy or E-Buggy. Although expensive at first, you will certainly have many hours of fun.

I suggest Losi 8e 2.0 or Associated RC8e
If ever I got to pick buggies instead, can a b44, xxx-4 g+ or tamiya durga can handle the track in sonic raceway? Will I'll be also allowed to run these buggies in sonic raceway?

those cars you mentioned is way too expensive for me lol.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If ever I got to pick buggies instead, can a b44, xxx-4 g+ or tamiya durga can handle the track in sonic raceway? Will I'll be also allowed to run these buggies in sonic raceway?

Hi Adrian. Yes the initial cost is high for a 1/8 buggy, however if you plan to start with an 1/10 RTR I dont think you will be content and will eventually invest in upgrading it (motor, esc, buggy option parts) to get the speed that you are looking for.

I don't see any reason why you cannot use a 1/10 scale buggy at sonic, but as Raj and Daxbrandy pointed out it is more fun to play as a group, and people running 1/10 at sonic are few to say the least. Also please do not take any offense, but when a 1/10 and several 1/8 buggies are running at the same time, most of the time the 1/10s just do their best to stay out of the way of 1/8s lest they be run over unintentionally.

You'll be surprised at how much bigger a 1/8 is compared to a 1/10. Durability wise a 1/8 can take a whole afternoon of rolls and bad landings and still keep on going, just don't hit a wall at full throttle

To beat the initial cost you could start off with a used buggy and just get the electronics. There are a lot of guys here who would gladly assist in converting a GP to an EP so don't be afraid to ask. Whatever buggy you chose we'd be glad to have you join us at Sonic.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Adr1an,

I'm in the same boat as you... but I figured, make the investment now on 1/8th, and it'll be cheaper in the long run (more durable parts (because they're bigger), less breakage), and, we being men, y'know, bigger is better (ha!).

The only difference is the kit itself -- radios, batteries, motors (to an extent), receivers, etc... they're all priced the same whether you're 1/8th or 1/10th (and if you're talking radios and receivers, whether you're 1/5th or 1/18th, it's the same.

I still went against the norm and got a truggy (instead of the buggy). There's not much of a quorum on 1/8th electric truggy racing, but I went with what my heart wanted. I'm not into racing (famous last words?), so the quorum thing doesn't bother me.

Finally, everyone here is friendly and HELPFUL. I've been asking many questions via messages here or PMs, and I've had nothing but helpful and friendly advice.

About 3-4 years ago, I went to QCRCC, and despite their busy racing schedule, everyone was accommodating and patient in answering my newbie questions. I didn't pursue it back then, so basically, I'm starting over and still a newbie.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

GS Racing XUT Pro 1/8 Truggy
- with 90% Proline Crimefighters LPR mounted tires
- Almost new run approx. 4 times pa lang, kit only P15K lang
- With newly rebuilt OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec engine, P20K lang
- RTR - KO digital PDS-2343 steering, S9001 throttle, Tsais pipe and manifold, P30K only
- will include BOX and MANUAL.

if interested SMS 0917-8935969...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sir if you are near in Sonicboom and plans to bash/race there.. May I suggest you get 1/8 Buggy.

Brands like CEN, Nanda, GS or XRay. You'll have tract fee discount (php100 off). Dont worry about these parts... They have it...

2cents!

Hello,

Team associated
Losi
Tamiya
Traxxas
HPI

Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, you can run kits you mentioned at sonic however just as most people have advised, a 1/8 kit (buggy or truggy) is more appropriate for sonic track. Many have already mentioned the obvious advantage of a 1/8 kit over a 1/10th, don't let the cost be the deciding factor. As mentioned by Snookums you can get a good 2nd hand kit (such as what Lewd Skywalker is selling ) and you will also find out that the cost of a good 1/10th kit is not far.

However if your really decided on a 1/10th kit, check out the qcrccc thread for friendly advise. They also hold races on a regular basis at their home track (QC Circle) and occasionally at Junkyard and sonic.

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
GS Racing XUT Pro 1/8 Truggy
- with 90% Proline Crimefighters LPR mounted tires
- Almost new run approx. 4 times pa lang, kit only P15K lang
- With newly rebuilt OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec engine, P20K lang
- RTR - KO digital PDS-2343 steering, S9001 throttle, Tsais pipe and manifold, P30K only
- will include BOX and MANUAL.

if interested SMS 0917-8935969...
Hi pre! selling your truggy? Mukhang may bagong project.

For keeps truggy ko.. (famous last words! )
Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Adr1an: If it's your first RC, get an electric 1/10th kit. Build the kit, slap in the electronics, plug and play. No tuning hassles. And it's very easy to set-up. And then decide if you want to stay in the hobby longer. And from there you can explore the other kits (1/8th, 1/5th, nitro, 1/8th electric, etc.) This is the more practical, less frustrating route. But if you have the money (and the patience), go straight to a 1/8th kit. Visit us at QCRCCC for more info and a hands-on experience in electric offroad racing.

Most importantly, have fun!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

louie_b: Musta chief?

Lewd: Wag mo benta yan.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maddafunker

medyo inip nanaman sa sunod na pag uwi. Sayang di tayo nag kita July 4 sa sonic kami. Sarap tumakbo ng 1/8 nitro buggy.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louie_b
Hi pre! selling your truggy? Mukhang may bagong project.

For keeps truggy ko.. (famous last words! )
Originally Posted by Maddafunker

Hehe... palit lang ng brand... pag na-benta, Tamiya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.