Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulc
...I'll be comming back from pinas on the 4th...
sir, you have PM
Old 11-26-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default good idea

if you want a lot of people.. old timers and newbies to get into racing F1 RC you have to consider the COST factor....lets face it, the hobby ain't cheap. The beauty of the F103 chassis was that it was low maintenance and to go fast didn't require top-of-the-line equipment! a sport tuned motor will keep your hands full. IMO i think that holding an F1 series requires STRICT rules and regulations regarding what can be used and what cannot to cut costs. Proposing an "all-out, anything goes" race would be ridiculous, it would be too expensive (why do you think there aren't that many EP modified racers here compared to stock racers?). I think there should be rules on what motor can be used (23T?)even tires, and batteries (stick vs. saddle, NICD vs. NIMH, 3300, 3800, matched vs. unmatched). If we want close racing with A LOT of participants the series should have serious cost cutting measures to attract more participants. If this does happen, we would have close racing without people on the sidelines watching thinking "if only I had that much money to enjoy that hobby". It would also focus strictly on driving skills, and not the driver's equipment. Why do you think NASCAR or one-make formula series are so popular and exciting to watch? I think we all know the answer.

It would be great to have an F1 series here in the Philippines where we could race in different tracks. I think in the states its Steve Wang who is a pertinent member of the F1RL (?)in the states. They have rules too.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anong brand? Tamiya ba?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Gotta have one if the price is right tsaka 2x better than Tamiya's F201.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lem: you be in our prayers. im sure you'll do well. konting tiyaga lang sa pag-aral yan ... before you know it, naka-pasa ka na and you're back to RC! hehehe .... sorry, cant help you with your LCG questions.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

nice race yesterday. eventhough the weather tried to ruin the day it was still a good raceday.

mang- nice qualifying series best of luck sa finals. hope all goes well smoothly. BTW the layout looks terriffic

jayps- nice esc how was the performance?

jay- jay congrats on finishing TQ on your class.

FBJ- patulong sa set-up ng car in prep sa finals.

robo- good food looking forward to more in the future... yum yum

see you all at the trace this week!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
nice race yesterday. eventhough the weather tried to ruin the day it was still a good raceday.

mang- nice qualifying series best of luck sa finals. hope all goes well smoothly. BTW the layout looks terriffic

jay- jay congrats on finishing TQ on your class.

FBJ- patulong sa set-up ng car in prep sa finals.

robo- good food looking forward to more in the future... yum yum

see you all at the trace this week!!!!

no problem, ill bring it to the track tom so I can teach you how to balance your HOT BUNS. hehehe
Old 11-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

MASTERS ROUND 5
THE FINAL DAY

STOCK MASTERS

1 Joel Tinio
2 Chito Detabali
3 Carlo Jereza
4 Ronald Panelo
5 Rough Vaggas
6 Sennen Sajorda
7 JP Calimbas
8 Prof Judy

Despite the rains and the loss of some of the racers who decided to go home... the 5th leg of the Masters Stock proceeded with a helluva lot of action!!! First time ever!! top 3 finishers finish with the exact same total points (each driver winning one heat and finishing 3rd in another) and were only separated by the tie breaker! Joel takes heat 1, Chito the 2nd heat and Carlo the 3rd!!

MODIFIED MASTERS

1 Daniel Sarmiento
2 Sonny Yalung
3 Mike Ang
4 Tutoy Aldaba
5 Garet Santayana
6 Gerry Soler
7 Allan Hizon

And equally exciting was the modified class when 3 different drivers won the 3 final heats.. Mike Ang taking the first heat, Sonny Yalung the 2nd and Daniel Sarmiento the third!! A very exciting watch for all the racers who stayed behind!!

As usual, the final 4-5th slots of the Masters was again decided on the final heat!!! Truly an exciting end to a great series!!

Thanks to our Lord Almighty for giving us PERFECT WEATHER FOR THE WHOLE SERIES

Thanks to my master mechanic Mr. Jason R for all the help in my car when I was busy organizing the race

Thanks to my master technician Mr. Ronald P for working the amb and the software

Thanks to all the participants!! See you in the FINALS THIS SATURDAY DECEMBER 3!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R

Hey neighbor! Ok naman.Slowly adjusting the tx settings for more punch.Scared pa kasi baka magliyab yun esc.

we're going to the track on monday so see all you guys then.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nemo: Sorry but you cant do that men. You can only have spec racing.its up to you on as to how far do you really want to go. You cant dictate on as to what batts cant and can be used. As long as its roar and ifmar legal then game.

Balugs: Kits will vary from 10K to 15K pwede na right!?!

Killwency: Nop but can bring in a few tamiya kits if enough want it. The kits I want to bring in are much better. They run almost like 12 scale
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Of course you can...We don't have to follow ifmar rules or roar rules. What for? There isn't a sanctioned F1 race that is recognized by them anyway. There is no harm in creating an explicit series that caters to various types of F1 chassis as long as we have specific rules. We can create rules. Rules are rules and thus there are ways to make ends meet regarding the series. But, it all depends on what the peole want, right? Just airing my opinion. Peace!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nemo> Yes, I agree we can create rules. But read your first post, you are specifically saying that you would want to eliminate the freedom of the consumer to buy anything he see's fit for him to excel inour future hobby. Also Choosing the equiment each racer would rather use i.e. Tires, motors, ESC, etc.etc.. Thats what I meant by "DICTATE". Just like the real Formula 1. They have rules but each constructor uses his or her own brand of choice, like tires,engine,and fuel. We can use Spec 19T but kanya kanyang tuning ng motor, choice of chargers and so on and so forth. As for cost, I dont really know how much sport tuned motors are but the 19T motors cost between 2200 to 2800 Php. (SRP). I hear you but try to look at it also from the organizersand fellow racers point of view. Tenks Men!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

I would definitely like to run 12 scale again, hope we can give it a try.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Riddler: look at this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?n...article&sid=687

Here's a sketchy list of details as seen by those with inside info:

- same basic layout but with new chassis with changed weight distribution
- lowered upper deck and new bulkheads for easy access to drivetrain
- new adjustable upper deck
- completely new front & rear suspension
- wheels fastened with nuts instead of screws probably indicating smaller wheel bearings
- no information on this but one would assume new dampers
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOTO
Balugs: Kits will vary from 10K to 15K pwede na right!?!
It would be better if you could give us some details about the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.