Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Vintage RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Hello, do anyone of you know Tom Pedroza? He used to operate TQ hobbies in the old Virra Mall in Greenhills, then moved his RC stuff to a house somewhere in San Juan. If anyone could provide me with his contact information, that would truly help. Thanks.

Last edited by Mang Boy; 12-11-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone have a Tamiya Fast Attack Vehicle and willing to sell?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -oldschool-
Hello, do anyone of you know Tom Pedroza? He used to operate TQ hobbies in the old Virra Mall in Greenhills, then moved his RC stuff to a house somewhere in San Juan. If anyone could provide me with his contact information, that would truly help. Thanks.
You can look for the number of Majestic Ham sa pldt ,you can try that.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

My 1st RC was a Tamiya Astute way back 1989. It's chassis broke in half one day and somehow, I tore that car apart for one reason or another, not realizing it will become vintage in 17 years time. Some parts of that car are still in my old tool box. I've been wanting to get another one, especially after reading posts here and browsing tamiyaclub.com.

Lo and behold, I got my hands on a real good runner off a trade last night (Thanks Caloy!)! I think it is complete, except for the mechanical speed control. It does however come with a Baja esc, a Futaba S148 servo, ball bearings and a yokomo motor (looks also vintage)! I'll be getting a Futaba Megatech to match the car, the radio I also used at that time! I also still have an old Novak ESC, might use this instead of the Baja and install a mabuchi motor. (Anyone have a RS540 Techinigold or Dynatech lying around? )

Slept late last night reminiscing about all the fun I had with my first RC car, running it at Boyel in Marcos Highway, the Ateneo Grade School Tracks and in front of our house!

Thanks for reading my post! This is the one place I know where I can share my excitement, and people will understand. Hahaha.

I'll be busy this holiday break cleaning her up!
Attached Thumbnails Vintage RC Club-astute1.jpg   Vintage RC Club-astute2.jpg   Vintage RC Club-astute3.jpg   Vintage RC Club-astute4.jpg  

Last edited by MFLORES; 12-17-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

MFLORES: NIIIIIICE!!!!! congrats on the find!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Here comes the Bug Fever! sa mga fans ng "the bug", Tamiya will re-issue the Volkswagen Beetle, now in the M04L chassis.

* Monocoque M-04L chassis features mid-ship type 540 motor and rear wheel drive.
* 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with lightweight front/rear uprights for smooth running performance.
* Equal length steering arms provide optimum balance and steering response.
* Distinctive Beetle body styling is recreated faithfully with vacuum-formed polycarbonate material.
* Body shell is highlighted with metal plated bumpers and side mirrors for added realism.
* ESC (TEU-101BK) is included, R/C system is separately available.

Take this opportunity to get the body shell.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya Frog 1983

I got this Vintage 1983 Tamiya Frog chassis from a good person who simply gave the kit to me upon learning of my new interest!

It was in a very neglected state when I got it, dirt and rust all over, suspension parts and drive train were stuck frozen. But the chassis looked complete. It had Subaru Brat wheels and tires on, aftermarket aluminum diff guard and side rails. It even had a 6volt tamiya "box" batt in it!

I went through cleaning and restoring what I can last weekend, and was very happy with the result. It was missing a couple of minor parts, but everything was in working order! Even the notorious dogbones were still okay.

I put in my old Novak T4 ESC (mech speed control was with it), Futaba S148 servo and a Tamiya Johnson stock motor.

I hope to acquire the correct wheels and tires for this, and a new body parts set. With the re-release of the Frog recently, parts should be easier to find.

Thanks for reading the post! Happy New Year!
Attached Thumbnails Vintage RC Club-frog1.jpg   Vintage RC Club-frog2.jpg   Vintage RC Club-frog3.jpg   Vintage RC Club-frog4.jpg  

Last edited by MFLORES; 01-02-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya Astute

I've stripped the paint on the Tamiya Astute I recently got. Used Nitro Fuel and it worked great! I planned on painting it with the MS scheme and started with the wing. I am now debating whether to go on with it or to do it box art instead. I'll see if I can get decals and decide then. For now, I'll leave it clear! Thank you for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails Vintage RC Club-astute1.jpg  
Old 01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldskul
Here comes the Bug Fever! sa mga fans ng "the bug", Tamiya will re-issue the Volkswagen Beetle, now in the M04L chassis.

* Monocoque M-04L chassis features mid-ship type 540 motor and rear wheel drive.
* 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with lightweight front/rear uprights for smooth running performance.
* Distinctive Beetle body styling is recreated faithfully with vacuum-formed polycarbonate material.
* Body shell is highlighted with metal plated bumpers and side mirrors for added realism.

sir kelan dating ng stock for this kit? really eager to have this kit
Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

leevanm: as of now, sinisimulan palang ng Tamiya ang production nyan. So maybe by february dadating na yan sa pinas. more time to save money for this kit.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

leevanm: as of now, sinisimulan palang ng Tamiya ang production nyan. So maybe by february dadating na yan sa pinas. more time to save money for this kit.
oh really yup tamang tama para makapag ipon pa...thanks for the info bro
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOOOHOOO, Thanks TAMIYA, I'm gonna have a lot of sleepless nights just thinking about the kit, now re-issue the Civic Hatchbacks too!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Hotshot Gisom aluminum wheels

I've just gotten my vintage (mid-80s) Tamiyas running. I need some help- deep in my pitbox I had some black anodized aluminum wheels by Gisom (Italian company I think) for the rear of my Hotshot. If I remember these were big in the late 80s, and Gisoms may have been run on the CATs that won at the 87 IMFARs. For me though yesterday is a little foggy-- so 20 years ago is really tough to recall!!
I can't find any info on these anywhere on the web-- is the company still around? Did they get bought by another company still around?
I guess I am trying to see if I can find matching front wheels to make a complete set. Or maybe to sell to someone who won't let their front set go?
Any help will be great. Thanks all and happy new year!

Added a picture -- I've been told these are the same as RW Racing wheels!
Attached Thumbnails Vintage RC Club-gisom3.jpg  

Last edited by civilguy; 01-05-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 01-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MFLORES
My 1st RC was a Tamiya Astute way back 1989...
Like you, my first R/C was the Tamiya Super Astute (sometime 1992, I guess)

It saw action once at the QC circle off-road track last May 7, 2006 (S148, MC210CB,Technigold motor) and was piloted by my son.

He broke one of the rear knuckle though and I glued it temporarily until I can get spare ones from eBay.

It's just sitting at home, now, for memories' sake. It's a keeper for me. Took me 2 years of saving from my college allowance and buying each component (kit, radio set, battery, charger) as I could afford them (Boyel/Lil's) before I was able to run it.
Attached Thumbnails Vintage RC Club-img_0479_.jpg  
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

another one for the collectors!

The BRAT is back!

Tamiya brings back another R/C classic with this Subaru BRAT. Longtime fans will once again experience the nostalgia of their childhood and beginners can enjoy the easy operation of this colorful off-road truck.

About the Subaru BRAT
The Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter was created by Subaru in the late 1970's from their earlier 4WD station wagon model for the US market. Powered by a flat-four engine ranging from 1.6 to 1.8 liters in displacement, this pickup had the unique feature of having jump seats welded to the truck bed, which allowed it to be imported as a car instead of a truck. One of the car's more famous owners was former US President Ronald Reagan, whose red BRAT is restored and displayed at his former residence in California.

About the Model

* High-quality 1/10 R/C assembly kit of the Subaru BRAT, one of Tamiya's early R/C creations.
* Same 2WD chassis as used for ITEM# 58354 The Frog, with 4-wheel independent suspension and full ball bearings to handle tough off-road driving.
* Comes with two body shells, one made of plastic material similar to the original BRAT for a nostalgic feel and one made from durable polycarbonate material.
* Type 540 motor included.
* Electronic Speed Control Unit (TEU-101BK) also included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.