Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 & 1/18 RC Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yo drifters!

I had a micro rs4 which I used it to drift. Everything stock, with stock rubber tires, drifting in my living room, the tiles surface is already slippery enough to drift the micro easily. Using 4 Energizer AA gave me around 40 minutes of runtime. Very Shiok!

I am still looking for PVC piping to fit into 1/10 EP tires. Anyone has any idea of the correct diameter size? I brought the tire to local hardware shop to check with the owner, he said a special size pvc pipe is needed. Well, I have to keep looking...

ANyone with the Yokomo drifter chassis? Or drift kit? Should be very nice also as the rims come with fake disk brake, FAST n FURIOUS!

I also tried to drift nitro buggy before!! Damm! They are too good in getting traction, I failed to drift even on wet surface.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by keiseng79
Yo drifters!

I had a micro rs4 which I used it to drift. Everything stock, with stock rubber tires, drifting in my living room, the tiles surface is already slippery enough to drift the micro easily. Using 4 Energizer AA gave me around 40 minutes of runtime. Very Shiok!

I am still looking for PVC piping to fit into 1/10 EP tires. Anyone has any idea of the correct diameter size? I brought the tire to local hardware shop to check with the owner, he said a special size pvc pipe is needed. Well, I have to keep looking...

ANyone with the Yokomo drifter chassis? Or drift kit? Should be very nice also as the rims come with fake disk brake, FAST n FURIOUS!

I also tried to drift nitro buggy before!! Damm! They are too good in getting traction, I failed to drift even on wet surface.
measure your blank rims diameter... and use it as a guide to find those pipes...
Old 11-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ntc3freak
what about hpi micro?
wow..... another micro RS4.... yey~~ i got kaki now hhehehe...

well IMHO, shafted or belt play no much differences in drifting.

the thing that play their parts in drifting are, suspension, wheels, FrontWheel drive, RearWheel drive, 4Wheel drive, front one way, all differential and surface of the track.

drifting is very economical. you dont need to have some low turn hand mod motor to drift. just get some stock 23T motor. to drift you need a lot of torque.

visit the link that is posted in previous reply. they provide good information on drifting.

cheers~~

Furtivezero,

cool... hope it wont be too late :d

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-29-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

boyd... do you want your drift tube that I made for you?? If I am free tonite, I'll be at Subang Speed way... if it doesn't rain
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Speed,
I think i'll b there at night too if it doesnt rain. Want to check out your drift tube.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
Speed,
I think i'll b there at night too if it doesnt rain. Want to check out your drift tube.
Yeah... might be there too if it doesn't rain... but looking outside now, the skies seems to be getting darker and darker and then boooom!!!! rain...... what to do???
Old 11-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
boyd... do you want your drift tube that I made for you?? If I am free tonite, I'll be at Subang Speed way... if it doesn't rain
yey.... i want i want.... who say i dont want.... have been dreaming about the pvc tires ler. what time you will be there??? can sms me your tel cause i ll have to go out soon <019-6144163> but you have to wait for me to reload my phone as soon as i reach any phone shop to reply you. gtg catch the bus if not later cant make it....

if i can make it before or after my appoinment then i ll see you in speedway.

hahah yealor the sky is getting darker and darker ler... wor.. furtive zero is going to be there too cool.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
yey.... i want i want.... who say i dont want.... have been dreaming about the pvc tires ler. what time you will be there??? can sms me your tel cause i ll have to go out soon <019-6144163> but you have to wait for me to reload my phone as soon as i reach any phone shop to reply you. gtg catch the bus if not later cant make it....

if i can make it before or after my appoinment then i ll see you in speedway.

hahah yealor the sky is getting darker and darker ler... wor.. furtive zero is going to be there too cool.
too bad.. it's rainin!!...... some other time bro...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Was just about to go home after work and charge up batteries for my micro when boom it rained cats and dogs. We'll see how thursday goes, if it doesnt rain i think i'll most likely be there. Till then... see ya.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

maybe u all have seen it..awsome drifting...like real car...worth of downloading, here are the link....

http://www.frequency-rc.com/portal/h...nChannel=Files
Old 12-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Was just about to go home after work and charge up batteries for my micro when boom it rained cats and dogs. We'll see how thursday goes, if it doesnt rain i think i'll most likely be there. Till then... see ya.
Hey Furtive,..

I found a 3-4mm thick PVC pipes with 53mm ID..... guess what... it's for the 1/10 drifting tube larr... woww.. they are the wholeseller and sells at 20.25 per pipe(13ft long)

I thought of buying but how long to finish it???

Anybody want to share...
Old 12-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Speed,

Wow 13 feet is a lot of pipe. I already have a lot of it but the thickness is a bit unsatisfactory. The ones i got are too thin. How did u manage to cut them straight??? The ones i got for my micro is all crooked. Might want some of those PVC's, maybe about 5 feet if its alright.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Speed,

Wow 13 feet is a lot of pipe. I already have a lot of it but the thickness is a bit unsatisfactory. The ones i got are too thin. How did u manage to cut them straight??? The ones i got for my micro is all crooked. Might want some of those PVC's, maybe about 5 feet if its alright.

how thick the one you have?? izit like what I've found??

to cut those PVC pipes.... is actually easy if we have the tools...

For the smaller dia pvc like the one for the micro, we actually can buy the PVC pipe cutter, it looks like a clamp... but a bit expensive... that day I saw one in a hardware store, made ny Stanley and can cut bigger dia pipe... it cost around RM41++. But I am not sure if in can cut the one for the 1/10... if it does... that would be good.... Any plan to drif 1/10 too????
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody want to share...
Ya, I want to share! would like to try to drift 1/10.
Fun Fun Fun....
Old 12-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Speed,

Yup i tried drifting with those pvc pipes that i have. Pretty easy to drift a 1/10 compared to a micro. Maybe its because of the weight of the 1/10 which helps in transfer.

I used my foremans steel pipe cutter to cut my pipes. Anyway i will make another set when i get some used rims and show you when im at speedway. Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.