Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Rc Malaysian National Championship (mnc) >

Rc Malaysian National Championship (mnc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rc Malaysian National Championship (mnc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BundyMan
A little radical, but to really promote the sport, maybe we should consider some of these regulations which are still practised by some overseas. (To reduce cost of taking up this hobby and also participation)
Those suggestions were put out some time back if I'm not mistaken to reduce the cost of RC racing.

Perhaps what would be better is to "introduce" a rubber tire class where 3 port engines and rubber tires are only allowed and leave the outlaw class as it is like what is done in UK. This was proposed earlier when MNC was not even debated and formed. Perhaps you could go one step further which is to introduce pull start category for the 3 port class which is done in Australia.

To introduce a new class would be good in a way to encourage more participation among newbies with limited budget to this wonderful hobby we call RC cars.

Leaving the outlaw class as it is gives a choice to the existing RC racers to choose if they want to stick to outlaw (which they have been doing all along) or if their budget does not warrant continuing in that outlaw class, hop to the rubber tire 3 port class. Likewise for those in the 3 port rubber tire category who wants to "upgrade" to outlaw class with their permitted budget, they may do so.

p/s: Onkel Sow, where is your input when we need it?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rules & regulation

I suggest that the main race event should maintain for 5 ports engine. We can just try to organize small or novice race event for 3 ports engine. But, what I'm worried is do MARCC have that power to set the rules?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Those suggestions were put out some time back if I'm not mistaken to reduce the cost of RC racing.

Perhaps what would be better is to "introduce" a rubber tire class where 3 port engines and rubber tires are only allowed and leave the outlaw class as it is like what is done in UK. This was proposed earlier when MNC was not even debated and formed. Perhaps you could go one step further which is to introduce pull start category for the 3 port class which is done in Australia.

To introduce a new class would be good in a way to encourage more participation among newbies with limited budget to this wonderful hobby we call RC cars.

Leaving the outlaw class as it is gives a choice to the existing RC racers to choose if they want to stick to outlaw (which they have been doing all along) or if their budget does not warrant continuing in that outlaw class, hop to the rubber tire 3 port class. Likewise for those in the 3 port rubber tire category who wants to "upgrade" to outlaw class with their permitted budget, they may do so.

totaly agreed to the above, btw lets set up the first step by gather all hobbyshop owners/sponsors and plan out "the all year race event"... at least we can plan it a head and try not to clashed the event. by doing that i think it will benifit the racer and organiser, example.. each organiser take part to held thier own event, then every event is a BIG EVENT...
Old 09-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Ditto!

Rgds

Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Easier for Beginners??

Straightsixer, this is just a suggestion Nothing to do with learning to drive or what...my advice to focus on this thread and not deviating from its objective

Are you tornado in a different nick? Sheesshhhh...

Originally posted by straightsixers
What talking you??!! The price of 5 port and 3 port not much diff la.

Tell you what...Learn to drive first la...don't worry about costs or 3 or 5 port engine la brudder...

making it easier for beginners?... You huh? ....
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Ummm, why not have races confined to "district" levels or even state levels? Then the top 5 or top 10 from each district / state (or perhaps to be fair enough to every racer in every state, a cut or percentage of 10% or more top racers) gets to qualify and bash it out against eash other in a grand race using christmas tree format to really eliminate mediocre racers from the real ones.

I think that is the best way to solve the monetary problem. Only serious enough racers would be able to fork out that much of money to compete seriously and who would want to reach that far.
Yup. This sounds more exciting. But do we have enough contenders from every state? Or is RC skewed towards more developed states? (Dunno, still new to RC) IF that's the case might cause imbalanced responses for every race meet. Might as well keep it to northern, central, southern and east (Sabah/Sarawak) districts.

Still think if we can work out the annual championship point system would be great as it encourages continuity from race to race.

I'm thinking more multi level format here - like european soccer. You have country/state levels (EPL) (Spanish League) and then there's the European Champioships (knock out level) and best of Europe. Something to the effect.

THen we can also have the division 1 and 2 leagues for beginners (like bundyman) to strike it out on rubbers and 3ports!!

Anyways, Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me...
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Driving with a three port engine + slick tires is probably more difficult than 5 port + foam tires. Any driver worth his "salt" will agree to that.

Of course nowadays, plenty of newbies just buy a 5 port engine, use foam tires and lola shell and pretend to be a good driver. "Longest journey in the world, starts with a single step".....

Rgds
Old 09-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

But do we have enough contenders from every state? Or is RC skewed towards more developed states? (Dunno, still new to RC)
More towards KL/JB/Penang but you'll be surprised !

IF that's the case might cause imbalanced responses for every race meet. Might as well keep it to northern, central, southern and east (Sabah/Sarawak) districts.
We could do like top 5 or 10% of the total RC drivers participating in the state that are allowed to qualify and continue at national level. It would be fair then. States with more RC drivers participating get more people qualifying at the national level while states with less RC drivers participating get less people qualifying according to the percentage.

Still think if we can work out the annual championship point system would be great as it encourages continuity from race to race.
True. It would be exciting but then the budget thingy comes into play because of the distance. Points system can be implemented at state levels where it is easier for racers to participate. I think the guys in UK and Ozzy land down under have some kind of format at state and national level if I'm not mistaken. Can't expect them to fly from one state to another every two weeks now and then.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Of course nowadays, plenty of newbies just buy a 5 port engine, use foam tires and lola shell and pretend to be a good driver. "Longest journey in the world, starts with a single step".....
Can't blame them. Everybody wants to buy what the fastest guy is driving.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Yup, you are right That's why there are the so called sponsored drivers. It would definitely be interesting to see these guys driving with slick tires in a proper race, maybe that will separate the men from the boyz

Rgds
Old 09-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Yup, you are right That's why there are the so called sponsored drivers. It would definitely be interesting to see these guys driving with slick tires in a proper race, maybe that will separate the men from the boyz
Actually when I started RC with gas cars (about 2 years ago), all of them were running rubber tires. Foams? Nobody heard of them. Just read about them int he magazines. Nobody wanted to try foams because cost was very expensive for a full set of foam tires.

Anyway, just imagine running rubber tires on a 45 minute race ! Not only that, try imagining 45 minute race on rubber tires in Seremban 2 track ! These guys manage to do it. How? I don't know. Ask Wong, Azri, Eric Ma, Seng, Timmy etc how they do it. My hat off to them.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Rgds
Wouldn't agree with you more bundy. And some of these fools even go to the extent of upgrading their cars like say... thinking that a better car will improve their driving... I wonder what next???

Last edited by straightsixers; 09-15-2004 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Free

I suggest to have a free entries of the track or have a track on every state where sponsor or built by goverment. This FREE entries for racer will add more beginner to this hobby. Some of them are effort to buy a set of this car but when think of need to pay the entries fee to enter the track they will think twice because how long you going to play at there??
As for me( beginner ), I have a set of this hobby but I just play it few time a month and why?? Because I need to pay the entries fee to the track, so I will plan for the coming weekend do I play how many hours?? Just 2 hours? Is waste of money, right?? At least I free for 4 hours than I going to have some traning.
If free, than everyone if have a little free time also can go to have a little prastice. At last I VERY HOPE that have one goverment support/ built RC track on very state.

Thanks.

my 2 cent.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There will never be free luch.

It all depends on track owners. If they charge, it's just normal. If they don't, the track isjust state owned.

So if anyone don't think they wants to pay, then go to a track which is state or club owned. it is normally free.

Other than that, it will be a different point of view.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Free

That is why I hope for goverment built track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.