Community
Wiki Posts
Search

yokomo sd/cgm

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:57 PM
tornado

Hey Horatio!

Wow! very neat work man.... I've enquired 'bout da blade already with da RC Lab boys....would be getting it in my free time... thanks man ...you're cool.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
tornado

Horaltio..

What's your opinion using the graphite centre shaft? Are you using it? Thinking of getting one.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

finally another SD user!
how's the CGm coming up??
regarding the blades,have you gotten them yet?I have the tools to flatten the driveshaft.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:26 AM
tornado

Originally posted by lee82gx
finally another SD user!
how's the CGm coming up??
regarding the blades,have you gotten them yet?I have the tools to flatten the driveshaft.
Hi!

Finished the assembly.....no esc ...so no testing time yet
thinking of getting GT7 or perhaps GM....any suggestion?

'Bout da blades...nope haven't got them yet.....lets show da world wot you got man....tools to flatten da drive shaft.....hmmmm..would it weaken the shaft?

Old 05-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

it's just a dremel nothing special.
I don't think it would weaken the shaft as it's not a load-bearing area of the shaft anyway,just the ends beyond the pins.

But it appeals to have the blades as we can only imagine how many diff half's it'll save us.

As for the speedo,I'm a Novak fan but i think you can get plenty of nice bargains with the older but still damned good GM's like V12 and even some SX9's are already in the discount list.

Forget the multiple profiles of the GT7,many people don't use it anyway.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:27 AM
tornado

arigato gozaimas

let you guys know what happen when I manage to test my car.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
Horaltio..
What's your opinion using the graphite centre shaft? Are you using it? Thinking of getting one.
Glad you guys like the blades! Corally blades work well too.

The Yok graphite shaft is very fragile at the ends, so be careful. It's probably ok for stock, but not for modified use.

From what I read from the original SD thread, the Bomber shaft is supposed to be very good - 1 gram heavier but much stronger.

Regards

Horatio
Old 05-19-2004, 07:06 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Horatio
Glad you guys like the blades! Corally blades work well too.

The Yok graphite shaft is very fragile at the ends, so be careful. It's probably ok for stock, but not for modified use.

From what I read from the original SD thread, the Bomber shaft is supposed to be very good - 1 gram heavier but much stronger.

Regards

Horatio
gracias

It's a good thing you've mentioned this.....I've just made an enquiry 'bout those shafts..... have not ordered yet...whew

Old 05-23-2004, 07:12 PM
tornado

Ok guys.....just got my esc.....tested the car stock......liking what I see and the car is easy to handle.....better than expected. The last car I've tried...pinjam punya....ended up on the wall breaking the drumstick

Old 05-25-2004, 12:50 AM
tornado

Errrr. no other yokomo owners out there ah? looks like evli one just browse browse only....I am da only one doin' da talking and asking around. All yoki are welcome.....come join in da talk. Hey ...Chee Yong....you shall have the honour to share some advise on yokomos leh....I'm sure many yok fellows out there would wanna to ask a million questions 'bout their car.. It seems like you browse only. Don't lah shy shy...

Hey you yok owners out there how 'bout welcoming Chee Yong as da guess of honor in this thread.

We're waiting.......

Old 05-26-2004, 09:04 PM
tornado

Ok guys.... just managed to snap my "workshop" with my CGM and last exposure on the camera. I'll post more photos later on.
Attached Thumbnails yokomo sd/cgm-pict0024.jpg  

Old 05-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

must be boring talking to yourself hehehe
is that the Novak tray???
Old 05-27-2004, 06:55 PM
tornado

Originally posted by lee82gx
must be boring talking to yourself hehehe
is that the Novak tray???
Yahloh....I tot Yokomo is big name here in Klang Valley and should have enough owners to chat chat 'bout the car....looks like these owners are shy to share but the star of Yokomo is among us in the shadows....if he comes in oso behind a nick......mo tam kuai....he should be Yokomo tai kor...things would have veli interesting I'm new to da car mah so.....seeking for Yokomo sifus to help but lack of respons talk in uncle fatty's thread....lagi syok.

Last edited by tornado; 05-28-2004 at 02:12 AM.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:11 AM
tornado

hey leegx82... which tray are you refering to huh ?....
the battery tray is trinity lah.....but da red one with the charger sitting on it is from ikea

Old 05-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not aware that the yokomo taiko's are lurking with us..hehe
Must be either very shy OR we are not worthy that's why they are keeping quiet!
what do u need to know about the car?
Other than teaching you how to drive like Chee Yong , i can help(as best as i can)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.