Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GP 1/10 Race at Hobby ACME Speedway, Seberang Jaya Penang

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bulldog1
But to get the R40 to be competitive among the mugens and the rest of the other respected car manufac... you will need to do quite a bit of stuff ..come on over and we will share with as we got all this info from hara himself as he shared with us what he has done with his R40
From what I hear, the list is pretty long. Lots of hop ups involved and some cannot even be bought locally and can only be gotten in Japan...

wait and see what will the latest r40 top driver achieve in these coming months and you will see if its a good buy..the NAME will be clasified..hehehe not me definately im still learning from the top guns ..
Ummm, Jackie?

BTW since you are waiting why dont u wait for the new R40 *wink wink*will be coming in soon
A new R40? I know that there is a 2004 spec R40 with all the goodies but only sold in Japan. Are you referring to this?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by bodigat
Hi bulldog

Thanks for the insight of the R40. Is this new R40 is a race version? Tell me tell me.....
When i get the R40, surely i'll call u or HPC to get the setup for the R40. Ahaks.
Aiyaaa...better buy Mugen lar....no much hop ups need to do maybe the CVDs and teflon brake pads...others than that just use the kit parts lor....
Old 05-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ayzhad
Aiyaaa...better buy Mugen lar....no much hop ups need to do maybe the CVDs and teflon brake pads...others than that just use the kit parts lor....
Don't forget the aluminum wheel hex adaptor !
Old 05-17-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ayzhad
oi kawan... sell me ur mugen cheap cheap la. Also u didnt play with it 4 quite sometimes... just warming up few times only infront of ur house.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
From what I hear, the list is pretty long. Lots of hop ups involved and some cannot even be bought locally and can only be gotten in Japan...

Nope its standard hop ups thats coming with the version 2004
and some other innovative ways that Hara have done without buying any hop ups

Ummm, Jackie?
hes EP not GP lar.....!!!!

A new R40? I know that there is a 2004 spec R40 with all the goodies but only sold in Japan. Are you referring to this?
Yes sireee thats the BABE!@!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hi bulldog

Thanks for the insight of the R40. Is this new R40 is a race version? Tell me tell me.....
When i get the R40, surely i'll call u or HPC to get the setup for the R40. Ahaks.
thats no problemo!! yes wait for the 2004 edition thats coming in soon.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Nope its standard hop ups thats coming with the version 2004
and some other innovative ways that Hara have done without buying any hop ups
Like using AAA batteries instead of the flat pack to save weight? Like remounting the position of the receiver to another place etc?

hes EP not GP lar.....!!!!
Chee Yong was EP but played GP car before what... In fact, Jackie was Chee Yong's sidekick when they were playing Yokomo GT4 nitro at one time... So EP or not, it is not impossible...

Yes sireee thats the BABE!@!!!!!!
Dunno if it will come out or not. If can be available locally, then it's a good car to get. The 2004 is currently sold for Japan market only. Dunno why. Even US and Europe cannot get. Unless you fly to Japan and buy, then different story lah.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
Like using AAA batteries instead of the flat pack to save weight? Like remounting the position of the receiver to another place etc?
hehehe very smart lar u!!

Chee Yong was EP but played GP car before what... In fact, Jackie was Chee Yong's sidekick when they were playing Yokomo GT4 nitro at one time... So EP or not, it is not impossible...

I stand corrected!but its definately not jackie..

Dunno if it will come out or not. If can be available locally, then it's a good car to get. The 2004 is currently sold for Japan market only. Dunno why. Even US and Europe cannot get. Unless you fly to Japan and buy, then different story lah.
trust me if it comes out of japan we would be the first to get it
Old 05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

oi kawan... sell me ur mugen cheap cheap la. Also u didnt play with it 4 quite sometimes... just warming up few times only infront of ur house.

Wanna buy cheap cheap? Bolehhh....BOLEH BLAH!!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

waaa.... very eksyen one la this chap.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ACME Speedway Touring Car Race

Hi fellow racers, ACME Speedway would have a Touring Car Race on 20th June. GP and EP are welcome. Trophies for all finalist, lunch provided, facilities available: air compressor, 240VAC, no more water patches cuz no rain lately. track layout will be change two days before race day, so its fair among racers. Actual race track layout on 18th June, so fellow racers can do an open practice.

CATEGORY: 1/10 SCALE GAS-POWERED COMPETITION
1/10 SCALE EP-POWERED COMPETITION

VENUE: MAKRO PERMANENT TRACK (SEBERANG JAYA)

DATE: 20TH JUNE 2004 (Sunday)

TIME: 9:00 A.M. COMPOUND RADIO

ORGANIZER: HOBBY ACME HOUSE

CONTACT’S : PENANG HOBBY ACME HOUSE
TEL/FAX: 04-3904946
H/P/SMS: 012-4189388
E-mail: [email protected]

IPOH HOBBY ENDUT CENTER
H/P/SMS: 012-5267099

K. LUMPUR HOBBY PERFORMANCE CENTRE
TEL/FAX: 03-56371849
H/P/SMS: 012-3090560

ALL ENTRY LIST CAN SUBMIT TO THE ABOVE HOBBY SHOP BEFORE 18TH JUNE 2004. PAYMENT CAN MADE ON THE RACE DAY. FOR INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US.

1. TROPHIES TO BE GIVEN TO ALL FINALIST.
2. PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN.

ENTRY FEES: GP RM 60.00 (LUNCH PROVIDED)
EP RM 40.00 (LUNCH PROVIDED)

Please keep RC alive & kicking !
Attached Files
File Type: txt
entry form june 20.txt (1.6 KB, 153 views)
Old 06-11-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Rookie

TOP 3 QUALIFIER A MAIN TO E MAIN ENTITLE TWO PAIRS OF GRP FOAM TYRES. TRACK PICTURE AS ATTACHED.
Attached Thumbnails GP 1/10 Race at Hobby ACME Speedway, Seberang Jaya Penang-im000274.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

TTT
Old 06-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

HI! RACERS. WE NOW UPDATE NEW INFO. TO ENCOURAGE BEGINNER PARTICIPATE IN COMPETITION, WE DECIDED TO REDUCE THE ENTRY FEE GP RM35 N EP RM30. DUE TO LOW COST ENTRY FEE. WE MANAGE TO PROVIDE TROPHY TO ALL FINALIST & FOOD. HOPE BEGINNER COULD SHARE WITH THE EXPERT FOR PROMOTING THIS HOBBY.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

HMMMM. VERY HAPPY THAT CASHLESS OR PRIZELESS RACE STILL HAVE SURPORTER FROM TEAM HRC IPOH, AND FEW FELLOW FROM TAIPING, PERLIS, KL AND ALSO FROM LOCAL SUPPORT. SEEM THEY ARE AFTER THE SPIRIT OF THIS R/C HOBBY. AFTER GETTING ADVISE FROM RACER WE DECIDED TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE TROPHIES GP A TO C EP A TO B TO IMPROVE THE RACE QUALITY. HOPING THIS RACE WILL LEAD TO A BETTER STAGE OF ORGANIZING COMPETITION IN PENANG. BEST REGARDS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.