Wiki Posts
Search

Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by winde
Hello all,
I am very happy to hear that that you have all enjoyed our 1st annual buggy race event.me too ...in the B main 35 min was like 3.5 hours with drama of wheels coming apart halfway thru and clawing back up from the bottom end to 3rd . Just incredible feeling .I also have a ball in terms of racing together as a team.
We have 8 drivers and 5 on podiums wow, it's just great
results.
But first I have to thank the state government , the sports council and also
PDC for providing and believing in us .
But also thanks to the sponsors and individuals who has work all day to see this through smoothly .
Last but not least is to all participants who come all the way to our small track to race .

Salute to all...

Happy racing .
Edwin de Vosse
prceos
rcvictory
have any video?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 AM
mcj
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Photos

PHotography being my other keen hobby, i took some shots of the race. Unfortunately i couldnt take too many of the different classes as i was also busy 'servicing' my car for the finals. So most of my shots are i think of the lower finals and earlier qualifiers.

The full set of shots can be found on my website, www.cjmacphotography.com under Events Photography, Penang annual RC offroad race. Enjoy the photos. I have attached some here as well.

The photos are literally still uploading but should be done by the morning.

CJ Mac
Attached Thumbnails Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010-img_6875.jpg   Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010-img_7503.jpg   Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010-img_6935.jpg   Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010-img_7564.jpg   Penang Annual Offroad Buggy Challenge 2010-img_7825.jpg  

Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default WOW

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!

Good Job,

Hope Penang track will be in MNL 2010 schedule

Cheers
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Thank You

Would to said thank you to Daniel Khaw who help me pit during the race and advice on the D8 setup. Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Would to said thank you to Daniel Khaw who help me pit during the race and advice on the D8 setup. Thanks again.

Thats why i said......Penang hospitality is always No.1.........I want to Thank Daniel Khaw & family too...for bringing us out for Penang hor chiak session.........in KL we normally have 1 plate of food per meal.. tapi in Penang.....4 plates of food per meal....Char Kuey Teow, Assam Laksa, Popiah & Oh Zian......kekekkee......

And i think Edwin , Chee & the Gang or everyone in PRCEOS......did a pretty good job!! Also thanks to Penang State Government, Penang Sports Council & Penang Development Council for supporting this race.......

PRCEOS drivers are getting faster & more consistent......THUMBS UP to you guys.....!!

Also THanks to Wei ...my dear friend.....hehehe

Fatt did a pretty good job by getting a 2nd place in the A Main Finals.....been hearing lots about Fatt even b4 the race ....hehehe....so i guess he should deserve a good hard earned Podium finish......!!!

As for me......i enjoyed the race very much....i was racing well starting from the last in grid(12th)(B Main)......overheard i was 3rd, couple of times i think in the 20th min of the race.....but due to weather change....my engine died not once but 3 times.....and eventually got 7th after 35 minutes of the B Main finals.....i guess i should just work harder the next time....hahahaha... ..

One thing for sure.....seeing so many friends around......helping one another & supporting each other in this race ....is really nice ....we should see more of this in all the coming races............

And again BIG THANKS to the PRCEOS guys again......for helping my buddy.....when his MPV got stuck in the parking area......hahaha

one of the Triton 4x4 is put to good use by pulling the MPV out ............Didnt get your name.......But a BIG THANKS to you that nite!!!

And i hope Penang could be one of the MNL venue for our yearly event.........and also to see all the PRCEOS guys & Penang Racers participating in all MNL events!!!

I believe you guys can achieve good results.....

CHEERS !!

Team Radical @ Puchong
CASTER RACING MALAYSIA
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Futaba
Due to being too busy as the organizer we were a bit shorthanded to take pictures of the race.But I saw a lot of photographers around the track.So if any of u who has great pictures during the race we would appreciate if u could share them here or even better if u could just email to me at [email protected] so that we could compile all the photos together with all the rest.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by winde
Hello all,
I am very happy to hear that that you have all enjoyed our 1st annual buggy race event.me too ...in the B main 35 min was like 3.5 hours with drama of wheels coming apart halfway thru and clawing back up from the bottom end to 3rd . Just incredible feeling .I also have a ball in terms of racing together as a team.
We have 8 drivers and 5 on podiums wow, it's just great
results.
But first I have to thank the state government , the sports council and also
PDC for providing and believing in us .
But also thanks to the sponsors and individuals who has work all day to see this through smoothly .
Last but not least is to all participants who come all the way to our small track to race .

Salute to all...

Happy racing .
Edwin de Vosse
prceos
rcvictory
To All PCREOS and kakis. I thank you for your hard works and time to make this race happens. Thumbs up for you guys and we hope there will be another one. Also, not mentioning Chee, Fatt for assisting in our accomodation arrangements.

Hope you guys get the permenant location as wished. Also, try make time to join the race in KL too.

Until next round... See you guys soon!!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dear Bros,
Is really good to have all your supports P.R.C.E.O.S members especially Edwin the Boss and Chee really put in alot of effort from all your reply, all the hardwork really pay off

Wish to thanks all the lucky draw sponsor, some of you not there on the race day so can't manage to get YB personally say thankyou to you -
1) LKH Hobby
2) Radical RC Models ( my old friend, really appreciate it ! )
3) Gamers Enterprise
4) LSS Sdn Bhd
5) RC Victory
6) RC Planet
7) Nam Lee Hobby
8) Niko Sales and Service

million thanks to all of you, see u soon........
Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thank you

Glad everyone enjoyed the race. I just tried to do my small part to make sure the race is successful.

Just a note, i dropped my pink color glow ignitor, in case, anybody picked it up, do let me know. Thanks.

Thank you again Chee for all the arrangements and to PRCEOS for a successful event.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up congratulations

Congratulation to P.R.C.E.O.S for succesfully held 1st annual penang race. it was small track but full of technical and fun jump. I represent MRCC ( Medan RC car Community ) like to thanks all friends for their hospitality especially CHEE and Edwin de Vosse who already gave effortless to held this race.
we hope can race with you all again at Medan ,28 february 2010. official thread will be posted to Rc tech. wish you all can come and have Fun again here.
thanks.
Edy St
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jets
Its been a few years since I visited Penang and all I can say is that it was worth going. The track although abit rough here and there was a blast to play on. The jumps were fun and tricky sometimes. The Penang boys did a good job not only preparing the track but the facilities for the racers. I truly enjoyed myself. Ramesh, Soh, Soon, CJ and Chee Yong and many others enjoyed it too. I think all who went for the race would agree.

The Mains were very exciting for C Main and B Main as I helped pit for CJ and Ramesh. Both of them finished 2nd in their Mains respectively. Too bad the A Main was cut short due to heavy rain. Congrats to my friend Eddy from Indonesia for winning the A Main. He seems to have a nack for smaller tracks in Malaysia. Haha...well done Eddy. 2nd Race win in Malaysia man. Bravo.

Good job to the Penang Organizers!!!
Thanks jets, I am just lucky.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Initiate

bravo to organizer...

professional race arrangement..
Im very enjoyed the race and like Edy st said,we hope all of u can joined to our buggy competition at Medan on 28 February 2010
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 01-13-2010, 06:28 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kok Heng,
Thanks for the photos & your lucky draw prizes.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.