Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sure is my honorable friend.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by uzzi
For the record I will bring this up to the organizer.
Uzzi, could you also clarify with the organizers on why PCM fail safe should not be used? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

I sent a email to the organisers yesterday, but they are away till tomorrow.
Hopefully will get a reply regarding the hole sizes.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Danny Teh
Crashed,

None from KL. I think non from Malaysia and Singapore to be exact.

100% drivers in this region uses 5 port turbo.

So if follow IFMAR rules, this guys are all illegal unless they got some 3 port then it will 20 drivers like you said.
i am going... and im from East Malaysia. The race in Kuching It does not required only 3 ports engine. It just said .12 & 2.1cc engine (open). so my MAX & RS5 STS will be permitted.

Well, i maybe wrong. But im still going.

Originally posted by InitialD
Uzzi, could you also clarify with the organizers on why PCM fail safe should not be used? Thanks.
I heard, becoz of the fail safe can be activated anytime during the race..it might cause "unavoidable accident". Imagine on the straight, the PCM fail safe activated....just imagine.
Well, this is what i heard...so don't shoot me.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

[i]
I heard, becoz of the fail safe can be activated anytime during the race..it might cause "unavoidable accident". Imagine on the straight, the PCM fail safe activated....just imagine.
Well, this is what i heard...so don't shoot me. [/B]
This is no different to a car without PCM losing signal and going full throttle hitting another car.....
Old 01-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

InitialD - As some of the guys have already said, it could be a prevention thing....to prevent cars from suddenly losing signal and causing accidents. PCM failsafes may be good on a electric car, whereby everything just goes back to neutral and electric cars have their motors to slow them down. I would say this would be pretty useless in a gas car. Imagine if you are flooring the car down the straight and suddenly some clown decides to turn your frequency on. Your failsafe will activate making everything go back to neutral, but your car is a warp speed and you are not in control. I maybe wrong about PCM failsafes as they may have feature to activate the brakes when you get a glitch rather than neutral.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by uzzi
I maybe wrong about PCM failsafes as they may have feature to activate the brakes when you get a glitch rather than neutral.
Yes, that is correct. You actually have an option to make it neutral or lock the brakes upon a glitch.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Yes, that is correct. You actually have an option to make it neutral or lock the brakes upon a glitch.
And the Steering too, but seems dangerous to set steering if there is a glitch.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
And the Steering too, but seems dangerous to set steering if there is a glitch.
Oh yes... It'll be suicide !

The external stand alone fail safe units by Venom, KO and Futaba does not lock the steering. Only locks the throttle / brake servo unlike the ones that come built into the 3PK. I feel this way, it is better as the Tx can still control the steering when the throttle / brake servo is locked.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by snoopy
This is no different to a car without PCM losing signal and going full throttle hitting another car.....
Actually, most of the answers already displayed as above but i just wanna add somemore from i heard. usually whenever there's power failure on the TX or the RX batt...the brake will be engaged. Meaning stop, meaning stop on the track with all the moving cars and will not gone astray like others whose not using PCM & without failsafe. the rest just keep moving like hell loose but not stop dead. So this is what they said. But of course the final decision is on the organizer.

3PK with HRS is safe to use, right? becoz it is not PCM mode...is it?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Actually, most of the answers already displayed as above but i just wanna add somemore from i heard. usually whenever there's power failure on the TX or the RX batt...the brake will be engaged. Meaning stop, meaning stop on the track with all the moving cars and will not gone astray like others whose not using PCM & without failsafe. the rest just keep moving like hell loose but not stop dead. So this is what they said. But of course the final decision is on the organizer.

3PK with HRS is safe to use, right? becoz it is not PCM mode...is it?
JFC...... Now i am really confused

From what I am aware,

Even when you have a PCM or a Failsafe unit install, A failure on the RX battery will render them unoperational, so the throttle or steering servo will be at the same position before the RX battery failure, meaning, when you pull WOT before the battery failure, your throttle servo will remain WOT and not return to its neutral position or Brake.

Yes you are correct, Failure on the TX battery will make the failsafe kick in.

BTW, the position on the throttle can be adjusted on either the PCM or external Failsafe unit, not neccesary to be in braking position, can be adjusted to neutral.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Oh yes... It'll be suicide !

The external stand alone fail safe units by Venom, KO and Futaba does not lock the steering. Only locks the throttle / brake servo unlike the ones that come built into the 3PK. I feel this way, it is better as the Tx can still control the steering when the throttle / brake servo is locked.
It all depends on which servo it is connected to. You can have 2 units installed too, for steering and throttle.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Hoa about TRS is a [b]MUST[/b]?

It all depends on which servo it is connected to. You can have 2 units installed too, for steering and throttle.
HOW ABOUT EVERY PARTICIPANT HAVE TO or ARE INSTRUCTED TO USE TRS (throttle return spring).... ???

it will help to resolve this problem.... so everybody can make sure the car engine will go idle when there is glitch problem or failed FAIL SAFE problem....

just a thought.

mop
Old 01-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

JFC...... Now i am really confused

From what I am aware,

Even when you have a PCM or a Failsafe unit install, A failure on the RX battery will render them unoperational, so the throttle or steering servo will be at the same position before the RX battery failure, meaning, when you pull WOT before the battery failure, your throttle servo will remain WOT and not return to its neutral position or Brake.

Yes you are correct, Failure on the TX battery will make the failsafe kick in.

BTW, the position on the throttle can be adjusted on either the PCM or external Failsafe unit, not neccesary to be in braking position, can be adjusted to neutral.
Interesting thing. It does not happen like that to my Ofna Micro fail safe. Whenever the RX batt dies out, the brake will be engaged, as i want it to be. Yes, i tried when i purposely disconnected the plugs.The fail safe has a sensor that detect the RX batt up to certain level of Volt then activated. Moreover on the TX batt, whevener it looses the transmission.

Yep, i agree on the position on the throttle can be adjusted to neutral....BUT most of people will set the brake to engaged whenever there's a problem. neutral, meaning still running, eventhough slowing down... then...if like this...why wanna use the fail safe in the first place, right?

Anyway...so far, PCM is not allowed. I hope this will change in this Kuching race.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hole sizes

This is the reply i got from the organiser regarding the hole sizes.

" Reply,
Thank you for your support and participation in the ASEAN 1/10 Championship race and I look forward to meeting your in March.
According to the rules lay down at our last meeting the rules governing the sizes of holes were accepted as written because majority of the participants were using fuel bottle instate of a fuel gun.
We will review all racing rules at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as is the norm with previous races, we would be happy if Australia will sent one or maximum two representatives to sit in the executive committee."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.