Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent's Lair

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, i wanna ask something. Is there any physical differences between S720'07,08 and 09 kit? Are the difference too obvious or the kit can be interchangeable between them? Eg.: Kit 07 can use kit 09 spare part etc?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ordinaryzam
Guys, i wanna ask something. Is there any physical differences between S720'07,08 and 09 kit? Are the difference too obvious or the kit can be interchangeable between them? Eg.: Kit 07 can use kit 09 spare part etc?
ITS INTERCHANGEABLE N ALMOST THE SAME. DIFFERENT IN OPTION PARTS GIVEN AS STANDARD PARTS
Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mie3R
BRO, U CAN SEE ME DURING THIS WEEKEND UTM RACE..

:s neaky::l ol:
Old 02-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

I'm afraid the 720-09 kit is not even out and no information that the 720-09 is going to be launch at this moment as the Serpent 966 is already on the way to HMS and Mizan Shop.

The 966 kit is beautiful as you can see that Team Seprent take a clean swept in the Winternats for both classes. I believe the next MNC may see Mizan 966 in action again .

The S400 is back for production again and hope some guys do share their setup for the S400 as i will be runing the Stock Class for this KLGP.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i drive serpent S400 and 960...
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kschu

I knew u "Coca-Cola Boy" ...
Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone got used S400 to sell? PM me
Old 02-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Serpent 966-Max driver Cristiani sets new trackrecord in Fiorano (16/02/2009)

By: Ronald Baar
Linked to: Upgrade-set 960-08 to 966
Serpent 966 race-test by Andrea Cristiani and win ....

Last week-end I tested for the first time my 966 during a race in Fiorano. Really good!!!

One week and a half ago I received the 966 conversion kit. During the following evenings me and my father prepared the car. The assembly went very well with a perfect fitting of all parts. Great job Michael!

Last week-end the world famous Fiorano track hosted the AS Hobby Racing trophy. My new 966 had been ready since a week but due to university exams I couldn't put it on the track before...
A lot of people took part to the race so it was a little risk to try the car for the first time in front of so many spectators...normally a new thing needs some adjustment to work perfectly and we know that the first impression is the most important! But we take this risk anyway...
On saturday morning we arrived at the track; I was really anxious to test the new car! The weather was sunny but very cold with temperatures around 5°C. I immediatly started my Max XL9 to warm it up, then I put the car on the track and I felt good even if the track was still a bit dirt. In the morning I drove a 15.1 laptime that is very quick if the track is still not perfect. So i felt very confident for the race. In the afternoon we had 2 rounds of qualifies that lasted 7 minutes instead of 5 due to new EFRA rules. I set the overnight pole ahead of another Serpent driver, Sandro Sammarini who took the second place. During qualify i set a 14.90 that is pretty close to the previous record of 14.87. On sunday mornig we had other two qualify rounds and before them I made some free practice. My car was simply perfect...In fact during the first round i set the new track record in 14.80 and in the second round I kept it down to 14.64!! The main final started at 16:30. Everithing was ok for me and I manteined the first place until the end winning with three laps advantage on Alberto Tedeschi (Serpent-Max) in 2nd and Sandro Sammarini in 3rd with Serpent-Max as well.
At the end of the race everyone (me included) was really impressed by 966 performance! So congratulations to Serpent for the great job!

Thanks to my dad Marcello and to my sponsors:
Serpent, Max Power, Enneti, Xceed-Zytec

Ciao ciao

Andrea

Results

Pos. Num. Concorrente Giri Tempo Totale Giro Migliore
1 1 Cristiani Andrea [Ita] 116 30:06.594 14.788
2 5 Tedeschi Alberto [Ita] 112 30:13.786 15.141
3 2 Sammarini Sandro [Ita] 110 30:07.365 15.367
4 4 Rinaldi Mattia [Ita] 108 30:02.290 15.191
5 7 Iori Fabrizio [Ita] 108 30:11.787 15.774
6 10 Bovio Gabriele [Ita] 107 30:03.804 15.716
7 9 Sammarini Stefano [Ita] 103 30:05.553 15.735
8 6 Berardi Maurizio [Ita] 100 28:05.206 15.344
9 8 Morri Pierluigi [Ita] 91 26:19.935 15.739
10 3 Tacconi Roberto [Ita] 35 10:13.431 15.440

Giro più veloce: Cristiani Andrea in 00:14.788

Check out the Trophees on the podium they received too

Podio Finale A Trofeo AS Hobby Racing
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HuruHara
I knew u "Coca-Cola Boy" ...
alamak, since when i bcome coca cola boy?
hahahah

u coming down HMS for march race rite?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

HANG BILA LG NK MAIN 1/8 HURUHARA??? NK JGK TGK HANG BETUI2 HURUHARA BW 1/8 PLK..
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kschu
u drive 960 meh..? no 966 kah..?

all version 0f 720 parts r interchangable... as for s400, err, ask kschu..!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

SERPENT UPDATE

960-08 – Promotion price (while stock last)

966 Conversion Kit – Couple of days

S240 (1/24 scale) – Couple of Days

720-09 KIT – March 09’

966 KIT – March 09’

S400 (1/10 EP) – March 09’

7xx (1/10 GP) – Available on middle of 09’ (90% new design & 966 concept apply)

Serpent 1/8 Buggy (GP) – Available end of 09’

P/s: Please purchase your Serpent product from our authorized dealer since most of our Serpent product is under warranty.

Goods news for Serpent user, stock level for Serpent spare parts are improving everyday. As addition, price for spare parts also reduced compare to previous year.

Our authorized dealers are as follow:
MIZAN HOBBY ENT (Mr Mizan),
ABIH PIKIOR HOBBY CENTRE (Mr Shu HAkimi),
STARGEK (Mr Ong Chee Yong),
TWC RACING (Mr Tan Wee Chor),

(will frequently update you guys from time to time)

For further information & clarification please call our dealer or HMS Racing at +6016-8183837 (Mr Eder)
Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hms racing
SERPENT UPDATE

960-08 – Promotion price (while stock last)

966 Conversion Kit – Couple of days

S240 (1/24 scale) – Couple of Days

720-09 KIT – March 09’

966 KIT – March 09’

S400 (1/10 EP) – March 09’

7xx (1/10 GP) – Available on middle of 09’ (90% new design & 966 concept apply)

Serpent 1/8 Buggy (GP) – Available end of 09’

P/s: Please purchase your Serpent product from our authorized dealer since most of our Serpent product is under warranty.

Goods news for Serpent user, stock level for Serpent spare parts are improving everyday. As addition, price for spare parts also reduced compare to previous year.

Our authorized dealers are as follow:
MIZAN HOBBY ENT (Mr Mizan),
ABIH PIKIOR HOBBY CENTRE (Mr Shu HAkimi),
STARGEK (Mr Ong Chee Yong),
TWC RACING (Mr Tan Wee Chor),

(will frequently update you guys from time to time)

For further information & clarification please call our dealer or HMS Racing at +6016-8183837 (Mr Eder)

Very useful and informative info you got there.. Thanks!!
I wonder what option parts are available as standard for 720'09?
And what are the best engine in the market to power our machine? I mean the engine that just right for serpent, not overpower and have stable tune?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ordinaryzam
Very useful and informative info you got there.. Thanks!!
I wonder what option parts are available as standard for 720'09?
And what are the best engine in the market to power our machine? I mean the engine that just right for serpent, not overpower and have stable tune?
The 720-09 kit come with new improve quality for the nylon parts, UJ, clutch shoe,centax disc, radio plate support (alu), brass filler plate, middle block (alu)and others such as upgraded during the 720-08 version.

Engine suitable for 720...hmmm we would suggest using our own product 'NOVAROSSI'
For smooth driving you can use the 3ST and which power distribution is good enough. For more powerfull engine you can consider the 353-09' (available in 2-3 weeks time)
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

2009 Winternats: DJ Apolaro reports (18/02/2009)

By: Ronald Baar
Linked to: Serpent 720 08 1/10th scale 200mm

Hi Serpent racers,

This past week was the very long Winternats race held at the famous Fort Myers track. It is the first International race of the year and always show to be very competitive. Team Serpent was there with Michael, Paolo, Myself and others. We were on hand to show off the new 966 1/8 scale and sedan 720 09'. Doug was there as well to support Serpent racers with parts and had a Serpent display booth. We arrived as a team on Sunday morning and started breaking in motors and testing the new cars. Serpent Off-road designer Billy Easton was also on hand to help the team with set-up ideas and conversation.
For Sunday and Monday we practice and started getting ready for the qualifiers, which started on Tuesday. On Monday night I found out I was going to have to go home on Thursday and work, so the first 2 days were going to be very important for me. I felt good with the sedan and did not do much practice with it. I mainly practice for 1/8 scale and tried to get comfortable with the speed and reaction of the car. I found myself being very fast with the car, however not very happy with my consistency. As the days went on I was getting better. A side note; I ran the new Novarossi motors in both classes and all I can say is WOW. My 1/8 scale is the fastest it has ever been. I was able to get down to 11.2 second laps which is very fast and was able to get down to 12.6 second laps in sedan which was also very fast.

Come Tuesday I took it easy for the first round and just wanted to finish. There was going to be a resort after the first day and I needed to make sure I was in a good heat for the rest of the week. In sedan I put in a decent run and was sitting around 3rd or 4th. In 1/8 scale I ran out of fuel and was sitting 5th. For the 2nd round I started to push in sedan and from this point won each round for Tue. and Wed. I ended day 2 with a new track record in sedan and turned the only 24 lapper ever to be done. In 1/8 scale I was doing ok, however I was not as consistent. I ended day 2 in 3rd. Overall I was very happy sitting TQ for sedan and 3rd for 1/8 scale. Unfortunately I had to leave Wednesday for work and drove back to Miami that night and had to miss the last day of qualifying.
Wouldn't you know it, Thursday morning before the qualifying starts I get a call telling my the track is a lot faster and the traction is insane. In the morning round Paolo was able to also get 24 laps and beat my TQ by 4 tenths of a second. He ran a great race. Paolo and I are the only people to have ever done that many laps in sedan. In 1/8 scale Michael was able to better my time and pushed me back to 4th on the grid. Not bad for me though, running 2 classes, leaving for work and still being able to make the main for both classes and starting 2nd in sedan and 4th in 1/8 scale. Not to mention I am now 1 of 4 people to ever do 26 laps in 1/8 scale.
Friday came and I drove back to the Fort and started rebuilding both cars. I pitted for a couple of people and by 4pm I was done and started setting my cars for testing. I wanted to see how the tire choice was going to be for the final. First I tested 1/8 scale and the car was no good. I was traction rolling with the really big tires. I tested some 40's (yes 1/8 scale and 40's) the car was actually really good. I finally found a balance for 1/8 and now started testing sedan. My sedan was pretty good and only needed some minor changes. I ran 45's with less dual rate and glued the front tires. With this combo I could push the car if needed and felt ready for the final. Friday night we went to eat and and talked about how we felt good for the mains. We had in sedan 4 serpents direct qual and in 1/8 scale we had 3. Things were also looking good for more to bump up into the final.
Saturday was here and the A and B main were getting started. It was a long day for me. I had to pit people, turn marshal and then race two 45 minute mains. Sedan was first and I felt good in warm up. Paolo was starting the grid with me second. I felt like I was the faster car and would just be patient and see what happens. At the start Paolo and I started to check out on the field. We race so much together that we have a comfort even if we drive within a few inches of each other. We looked like we where towing each other around the track. Hopefully it made for a good show. I opted to pit early and wanted to be off schedule from the other drivers. I felt I was fast enough to do this and still win at the end. My pitman Rafael Angulo did a great job getting me in and out with no problems and we ran a smooth and smart race. After the first pit stop we where able to maintain the lead. Paolo had a stall and that gave me about a 7 second window from him. At this point I was already starting to lap some of the field and would only pull a larger lead. At about the half way point I started to reserve the car and just make sure not to make any mistakes. I backed way off and brought home the first victory for the Serpent Team and my first win at the Winternats. It felt great to get it done, especially for my sponsors and my team mates. I really like to show their products, as they are the best in the world. Also it was rewarding after a long week of hard work.
Now for 1/8 scale. In the warm up I felt amazed at how good my car was. It was super fast, the clutch was awesome, the tires were the perfect choice and the chassis was on rails. I felt this just might be my first big win in 1/8 scale. At the start of the race we took off and I was right behind Swauger and Burch. We went into the sweeper onto the straight and I just touched the metal board that sticks out going onto the sweeper. It killed me that I did that. It was all my fault. I took it too tight and ripped the front right wheel off. Ronnie did his best to get another wheel on, but the car was not the same. I got used to it and after a few laps started pushing the car and me to the max. I was by far one of the fastest cars on the track, but I had lost too much time. In the final my best lap was a 11.3 which was the 3rd fastest lap in the race. Burch had a 11.1 and Swauger an 11.2. They were like machines the entire week. Meanwhile Paolo was quietly waiting for his car to come in. He had a different tire strategy. He was going all the way on one set of tire. Or he was going to at least try. After a few pit stops he started to push and was able to get on pace and chase down Tosolini, who at this point was in second. Burch was in the lead. Then all of a sudden Burch made a mistake that cost him some time and Paolo was also able to pass Tosolini. It was now Burch and Paolo and Paolo was gaining ground on Burch. Paolo was driving hard and fast and was able to take the lead at about the same time Burch had some issues. Paolo now had a lead of about 5 laps on second. He started to reserve the tire and motor and with about 3 minutes to go started having issues with the tires. He had plenty of time so Mark Harrison, his pit guy, made a tire change to help him finish the race. Paolo would bring home the victory with 2 laps to spare. Giving Serpent a clean sweep with Myself taking sedan, Maxy winning Masters and Paolo winning 1/8 scale.
All in all Serpent had a great week. Winning all three classes, showing off the new 966 and the 720 09' and giving outstanding customer support to all racers that asked for help. I must say it was fun racing at the highest level with all the talented drivers at the event and seeing old and making new friends.
I would like to thank the entire Fort Myers crew for the great effort and putting on such a smooth event. The weather was great all week and the racing did not disappoint. I also need to thank Kevin Hutchinson from Twister Tires USA for the pit work in all the qualifiers, to Rafael Angulo for pitting me in the Sedan Main and to Ronnie Regalado for pitting me in the 1/8 scale final (sorry for making you run so much). Last but not least; to my wife for the time off and to all my sponsors for the best products in RC racing. Serpent, Serpent America, Xceed, Maxy's fuel, Twister Tires USA, Novarossi World, ATS, Parma and Paintin Pete(those bodies are sick!!!).

Till next time racers,

DJ Apolaro

Last edited by HuruHara; 02-18-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.