Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to get these engines in KL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Where to get these engines in KL?

As per title..
does anyone knows where to get these engines in Klang Valley?if got pricing even better!
1.OS 12TR
2.OS 15CVR
3.STS..the whole range
Old 10-15-2003, 04:35 AM
GNC

Default Re: Where to get these engines in KL?

Originally posted by lee82gx
As per title..
does anyone knows where to get these engines in Klang Valley?if got pricing even better!
1.OS 12TR
2.OS 15CVR
3.STS..the whole range
lee82gx,

we are supplier of STS products in KL, you can call us at 03-62575859(after 12:30pm). Location Jalan Ipoh. Please let me know which model you wish us to quote you. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thanks.
i will call u soon.
wow,we have all kinds of dealers on this forum already!
Old 10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Where to get these engines in KL?

Originally posted by lee82gx
As per title..
1.OS 12TR
2.OS 15CVR
3.STS..the whole range

I used the OS15CVR....3 ports engine...can't beat the 5 ports turbo engine in short/ technical track..used that in my V One S...easy to tune engine... sold it lst week to my friend for RM300++
Old 10-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Where to get these engines in KL?

Originally posted by ayzhad
I used the OS15CVR....3 ports engine...can't beat the 5 ports turbo engine in short/ technical track..used that in my V One S...easy to tune engine... sold it lst week to my friend for RM300++
sorry typo error... should be "can beat the 5 ports turbo engine in short/ technical track"
Old 10-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Where to get these engines in KL?

Originally posted by ayzhad
The .15 engine is very torquey engine. Of course you can beat any .12 engine on small tracks...

Still, on smaller tight tracks, there is no distinction between the performance of a 3 port and 5 port engines. The difference only comes when you put the cars on a track like Seremban 2.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Prof D, what do you think of TT EVO engine pitting with 5 ports turbos standard or outlaw in a very small and technical track. Does it have any chances? It doesnt have to beat them... just want to know the possibilities of keeping up with them in the track.

i thought of joining the race next weekend. It will be set up at a parking lot.... already check out the parking lot... small but the long straight should be lesser than 80'.

The size of the track will be around 60' x 120'. This is only my estimation.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bodigat
Prof D, what do you think of TT EVO engine pitting with 5 ports turbos standard or outlaw in a very small and technical track. Does it have any chances? It doesnt have to beat them... just want to know the possibilities of keeping up with them in the track.
The EVO engine is not too bad especially if you're using a ported Nova carb.

It should hang with the rest. Just don't let the engine overheat during the heats. Use smaller pinions to match the better pick up from the other guys with better engines. Remember that a race is not won on the straights but in the corners and in the infields.

May the force be with you !

Last edited by InitialD; 10-15-2003 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

bodigat - prepared to be creamed! Seriously ... I used to run a 3 port against the 5 ports in Subang, yes its true that there is not much difference between them unlike in a bigger track ... but you will notice the difference when you are going down a straight and exiting corners. After a while I always kena from the 5 ports la unless they are bad drivers.

If you ware talking S3 vs. S5 then not much difference but a TT Evo against a S5? No chance even in small track on the assumption that drivers are of the same level in terms of skill.

On a normal race, sometimes having a fast engine is not the answer to being competitive, its your lines and not flying out of the track.

60'x120' is not a small track if the back straight is 100' or so. That is long enough for your TT Evo to show its lack of HP against something like a S5.

If you want to strenghten your chances then drop your gears ... again you need to see the track layout la.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you Prof D.... what range should i ran my car? 120c ~ 140C? I have venom temp monitor with me. The Nova carb is in good shape. Need to opened up the engine and carb this need to check the wear and tear and clean them up.

The pick up is ok right now. Maybe i'll change the pinion later on and see wether i can get faster pickup. Need to run at the track first. Thanks a again Prof D.

Old 10-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tIANcI
If you ware talking S3 vs. S5 then not much difference but a TT Evo against a S5? No chance even in small track on the assumption that drivers are of the same level in terms of skill.
This is not a normal TT EVO engine. It has a Nova carb. Ported somemore...
Old 10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

bodigat - prepared to be creamed! Seriously ... I used to run a 3 port against the 5 ports in Subang, yes its true that there is not much difference between them unlike in a bigger track ... but you will notice the difference when you are going down a straight and exiting corners. After a while I always kena from the 5 ports la unless they are bad drivers.

On a normal race, sometimes having a fast engine is not the answer to being competitive, its your lines and not flying out of the track.

60'x120' is not a small track if the back straight is 100' or so. That is long enough for your TT Evo to show its lack of HP against something like a S5.

If you want to strenghten your chances then drop your gears ... again you need to see the track layout la.

I know that they all will creamed and mayonaise me... har har har.... but power without skills is nadda... zero... nothing. Hehehe.....

The evo is quite fast with the nova carb. Race it vefore with my friend who own a 5 ports in a small and technical track. He cant ran away from me. In the infield and at the technical spot i can always beat him (yes.. he's a good driver)... i just lack of hp down the straight. But i can make it up by gaining on him during corners. Maybe its our style and line or driving.

Anything pun... i'll have to test the track first before i made any changes to my car. Thanks tianci for the scare...
Old 10-15-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Waaaah EVO with big carb ... I wonder what to do with the little 3 port GS I have ... hmmmm ... must buy a RR Carb and then get an MSpeed heatsink, MF crankshaft ... bet it will be a very fast engine then.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Waaaah EVO with big carb ... I wonder what to do with the little 3 port GS I have ... hmmmm ... must buy a RR Carb and then get an MSpeed heatsink, MF crankshaft ... bet it will be a very fast engine then.
Aiyah... Don't expect to do magic on the GS engine lah. But it's true that you can "wake" the engine up with a bigger carb like a Nova based one. Look at the GS carb lah and see how puny it is...

As for the stock TT EVO, that engine is reasonably good. One of the better Taiwan made engines. If you put a large carb, it does "wake" up a little.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Talking about the GS engine, i noticed that the piston is coated.
It actually has quite large crankshaft, but the conrod attachment on the piston is not that good, too much freeplay front and rear, this will end up scraping the end cover, the carb is a turnoff too.

i guess if the carb is changed to a better one like nova or OS, and the some porting work on the liner and some touching up on the crankshaft, it can be a very fast engine!! Maybe even faster than the OS three port!!

BTW did you notice transfer inlet in the crankshaft?, It is quite big! and also it is sloped so no need to add polymer like the JP team engine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.