Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help On Futaba 3pk

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
Eh! Prof D, where is your Death Star Thingy!..........The Darkside! remember, THE DARK SIDE!!
Ok, done...
Old 10-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Damn...woke up this morning ready to kick ass and realised I had enough fuel only for 2 tanks...
Old 10-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Damn you guys aeroplane me !!! I was the only one there !!

Crash, you could have borrowed some fuel from me for a few tanks... Don't worry, just replace me a brand new 2.5 liter tin Tornado fuel will do for me.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Damn you guys aeroplane me !!! I was the only one there !!

Crash, you could have borrowed some fuel from me for a few tanks... Don't worry, just replace me a brand new 2.5 liter tin Tornado fuel will do for me.
hahaha...that sounds like a snakey deal Well, me die die gonna be there tomolo provided it doesn't pour...guess you guys will be @ Atria huh, giving more business to The T & T Associates(Thomas & Tianci) "The Demolition Collaboration".
Old 10-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 3PK?

Originally posted by morpheous
3PK? he he.. Aaaa.. you.... you know.. duhh!!..

Hey! How much haa?? Still using analog Futaba MJ. hehe.. Still a primary school boy.

its RMB1950 here in shanghai... about RM975... mahal or not? this price without servo la ....just want to ask to comapre la.... if mahal... (or even murah) dont order from me... hehehehe.

mop
Old 10-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: 3PK?

Originally posted by mop_iko
its RMB1950 here in shanghai... about RM975... mahal or not? this price without servo la ....just want to ask to comapre la.... if mahal... (or even murah) dont order from me... hehehehe.

mop
alamak! sori just relaised this post by morpheus is SUDAH BASI oredi and i just reply to his post... malu leh....

mop
Old 11-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Default HOW LOW IS LOW for the voltage

anybody ... i need some input here...

i am using 3PK since few months ago (actually its my first RC). I am using 8 alkaline batteries (DURACELL sometimes GP Batteries). If i put the brand new batteries, the voltage is 12V. and the battery life going lower and lower as usual after sometime.

My question:

1ST QUESTION:
I want to know (the LOWEST VOLTAGE) when i should change the batteries. For my couple of battery packs before this, when it reach 9.6V i will change to a new pack. If i want to play with 9.6V pack can it be trusted to allow the TX to talk to the RX?

I asked this coz i still keep the previous packs that i have used before for my 3PK just incase i can use them again....

2ND QUESTION:
What is the different between FM and PCM? which one is better and why? I have 2nd hand RX FUTABA FP-R113F FM 40MHz... is the RX good or is it really an OLD MODEL?

thanks!

MOP
Old 11-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: HOW LOW IS LOW for the voltage

1ST QUESTION:
I want to know (the LOWEST VOLTAGE) when i should change the batteries. For my couple of battery packs before this, when it reach 9.6V i will change to a new pack. If i want to play with 9.6V pack can it be trusted to allow the TX to talk to the RX?
The alarm on the 3PK will only beep when your Tx pack is 8.4V. Lower than this, the Tx will cut off and shut down. I believe normal alkaline batteries can withstand and sustain longer at certain voltages and does not have the tendency of dipping down like NiMH and NiCD cells.

2ND QUESTION:
What is the different between FM and PCM? which one is better and why? I have 2nd hand RX FUTABA FP-R113F FM 40MHz... is the RX good or is it really an OLD MODEL?
PCM is more secure method of communication. Fail safe features are usually included in PCM mode. Because of this secure method, PCM is slower than FM mode. HRS mode rides on FM mode by the way but the difference is that it does have fail safe.

The only way to test your old R113F receiver is to test it out.
I have the R123F receiver from my old 3PDF controller. I can use this receiver with the 3PK Tx but I need to change the mode to PPM / FM in order to make it work which does not support fail safe mode.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Default 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

somebody want to sell his RX and TX to me for my 3PK.

the model is FUTL0300 R113IP

3 channel PCM

27Mhz with short crystal.

Is this Rx and TX good?

what is the different between short crystal and normal crystal?

another question:

if 3PK have built in fail safe function.... can i use FM RX and TX (which dont have fail safe feature).... and set my 3PK to send fail safe signal to the FM RX if low voltage or loss connection occurs?

thanks!

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 11-05-2003 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

Is this Rx and TX good?
You mean you are offered the 27 MHz Rx receiver and the Tx module for the 3PK? Why go with 27 MHz? You'll end up glitching with the other RTR cars !

What cyrstal are you using now? 40 MHz? Better save and get spare 40 MHz crystals. Just get another 40 Mhz Rx receiver module for the other car. No need to get another Tx module.

what is the different between short crystal and normal crystal?

if 3PK have built in fail safe function.... can i use FM RX and TX (which dont have fail safe feature).... and set my 3PK to send fail safe signal to the FM RX if low voltage or loss connection occurs?
You cannot use any of the fail safe features on the 3PK Tx if you're using a normal FM type receiver like R123F. I have this Rx and they will function fine but just no fail safe.

Even if you have a HRS/PCM receiver (not ordinary FM type) and choose to use PPM modulation instead (not PCM or HRS modulation), you cannot activate the fail safe features from the 3PK. In short, you have to have HRS/PCM receiver and use PCM/HRS modulation in order to use the fail safe features.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

You mean you are offered the 27 MHz Rx receiver and the Tx module for the 3PK? Why go with 27 MHz? You'll end up glitching with the other RTR cars !
Wahhhh... thanks for telling me that thing Master D. I dont know 27Mhz being used by RTRs. No wonder he wants to sell it very cheap.... SGD150 for Rx and Tx 1 set.

What cyrstal are you using now? 40 MHz? Better save and get spare 40 MHz crystals. Just get another 40 Mhz Rx receiver module for the other car. No need to get another Tx module.
actually i am using 29Mhz currently for my 3PK (comes with it when i bought it)... i know 29Mhz is kind of funny frequency. I have read it somewhere in the thread. But so far i have no problem using the 29Mhz. The 40Mhz RX i have came with the TC3 i bought for 2nd hand... but i dont have TX module for 40Mhz.. maybe i need to think more how to make use of the existing 40Mhz Rx that i have. Like you said better use it and just buy another 40Mhz TX module for my 3PK since the RX is FM (which is faster respond compared to PCM.... but no fail safe... a DOWNSIDE of it... ARRRGGGHHH need to think of it again la... slow slow think... no rush...

SHORT CRYSTAL.... i dont know... but that is what being SHOWN in FUTABA website... this RX 311IP comes with 2 types of crystal... short crsytal for 27Mhz and normal crystal for 75MHz... that is why i want to know what is the different between short crystal and normal crystal... something new to you huh Master D?

mop
Old 11-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

actually i am using 29Mhz currently for my 3PK (comes with it when i bought it)... i know 29Mhz is kind of funny frequency. I have read it somewhere in the thread. But so far i have no problem using the 29Mhz.
Yeah, the 29 MHz is a very nice weird frequency that not many people have. Less chance of a glitch.

The 40Mhz RX i have came with the TC3 i bought for 2nd hand... but i dont have TX module for 40Mhz.. maybe i need to think more how to make use of the existing 40Mhz Rx that i have. Like you said better use it and just buy another 40Mhz TX module for my 3PK since the RX is FM (which is faster respond compared to PCM.... but no fail safe... a DOWNSIDE of it... ARRRGGGHHH need to think of it again la... slow slow think... no rush...
I guess if I was in your shoes, I have two choices... First choice, get a 40MHz Tx module for the 3PK and use it with the FM 40 MHz Rx that came with the NTC3. Use it in PPM mode. To get fail safe, buy an external one like the one from Venom Racing or from KO. I think Futaba also has one. You only get battery and throttle / brake fail safe. No fail safe to lock your steering servo.

Second option is to get another PCM or HRS 29MHz Rx. That way, you can use your existing Tx module. You get all the bells and whistles of the 3PK this way like the full feature fail safe !!

For me, I'll go for the 2nd option.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

For me, I'll go for the 2nd option.
hey! actually i am thinking the same way right now... THANKS for showing the LIGHT to the DARK SIDE....

if i have 29Mhz for my TX in 3PK.... can i go for ANY 29Mhz right? as long it is 29.xxx Mhz...right? at least i have 2 types of 29Mhz.... no need to be same as my current 29.xxx Mhz right?

mop
Old 11-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

hey! actually i am thinking the same way right now... THANKS for showing the LIGHT to the DARK SIDE....
Great minds think alike? Eh mop, how can you see light in the darkside? Are you sure you're in the darkside and not somewhere else halfway?

if i have 29Mhz for my TX in 3PK.... can i go for ANY 29Mhz right? as long it is 29.xxx Mhz...right? at least i have 2 types of 29Mhz.... no need to be same as my current 29.xxx Mhz right?
Yes, any 29.xxx MHz will do. You can find the same crystal as you're having now. That would make life easy as you do not have to swap crystals on the Tx when you switch from your 705 to NTC3 or vice versa.

Just a thought... If you get the HRS/PCM Rx alone, you will only be provided with a single crystal for the Rx. No crystal for your Tx. So my guess is that you better specify the same crystal on the Rx as what you have now when you make your order. That way, you do not have to buy separate pair of 29 MHz crystals.

Else if you want another set of different 29 MHz crystals than what you're having now for backup and kiasu sake, then get a separate 29 MHz crystal set...
Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 311IP with 27mhz short crystal

Great minds think alike? Eh mop, how can you see light in the darkside? Are you sure you're in the darkside and not somewhere else halfway?
har har har.... the light that i see is the light within the DARK WORLD.... you know IF you are already IN the DARK WORLD.... you have to be IN THE DARK WORLD to know what kind of light they have over there.... whooaaaaaa creepy....

Else if you want another set of different 29 MHz crystals than what you're having now for backup and kiasu sake, then get a separate 29 MHz crystal set...
let see if i got enough money than i go for the KIASU OPTION... in case somebody in the track uses this FUNNY 29Mhz same as mine.... so I can use another 29Mhz.... just to make I can ALWAYS RUN the car on track.....

mop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.