Titiwangsa Track back to the future

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Titiwangsa Track back to the future

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

ni untuk kengkawan yang tak sanggup nak bawak car battery untuk charge. Connect together two lipo 7.4 batteries to double the voltage. From there, connect your charger to the two batteries. voila, instant source of power.

if you have old sub c batteries, connect together 8-9 batteries and you will get and instant power supply too.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azmio
ni untuk kengkawan yang tak sanggup nak bawak car battery untuk charge. Connect together two lipo 7.4 batteries to double the voltage. From there, connect your charger to the two batteries. voila, instant source of power.

if you have old sub c batteries, connect together 8-9 batteries and you will get and instant power supply too.
hi,
wont that running a risk of over discharging the lipos?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

good point, that's why I only use old lipos that have degraded so much in runtime and punch. rather than throwing them away, I would rather use them at TT.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

good point, that's why I only use old lipos that have degraded so much in runtime and punch. rather than throwing them away, I would rather use them at TT.
bro, i think its best if you check the old lipos voltage frequently. I think old lipo doesnt hold voltage and charge very well.

Over discharge lipo will be bloated up and potential lead to fire.

just my 2 cents - better be safe than sorry. You wouldnt want a pit mate next to you on fire right?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

well, we can normally set the minimum voltage that the charger can take before it will stop operating. this will take care of the overdischarging the lipo batteries.

My old lipos are team orion platinum bought 1-2 months after it was released few years ago. They are quite old but can still pack lots of energy inside. it will have problem discharging big amp but not much a problem if the amp is low like what is needed by charger.

as for lipo becoming fat, so far I've been using lipo since 2005, the only brands that I would avoid are Venom, VXR and Tahmazo. Had bad experiences with these two brands.

As with other brands, I wont stop others from pitting close to me. anyhow, given a choice between heavy car battery and lipos, I would bring in old lipos to TT. It's safe, light and can hold lots of energy without self draining.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

good info azmio..

now your running what BL system? still using tekin ?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

I inspected the wiring and found the problem. Tekin is here to stay but to avoid similar problem in the future, I may run 3 cell instead of 2.