Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default u got p.m

mr MIKECAN8. u got p.m
Old 07-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Mike , watch out. Novak has copied your motor
wow, i like the novak balistic motor (nenver use them b4)... the whole design r SAME..! novak has made this 11.5t balistic since last year (if i remember correctly) maybe from same manufacturer but just rebranded..?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Introducing the NEW QX-1 from ORCA Q. Powered by the same intensity as the RX-1, it is the motor to have for the upcoming MNC.

If you own one you would be a very happy man.

Can't wait to try one of this at the MNC!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3.141592
Can't wait to try one of this at the MNC!
PY,

You have to act fast. I think they are running out of stock. Not many available. You should be a very happy man on Sunday.

See you on Saturday.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default congrates

congratulation!!!
I heard some of my friends said this MNC round 1 Orca motor is the fastest motor ever, around 4000-4200kv. I'm going to order 1 and use before the MNC round 2.

I'd checked others brand 11.5t motor it's only around 3600-3800 kv and not more than 3800kv. Since the motor looks like Novak and I also checked, Novak website. Novak 10.5t=4200kv , 11.5t=3750kv.
If Orca 11.5t motor around 4000-4200kv, then the power almost same as Novak 10.5t. I'm sure I punye kereta will be fast and very happy man at the MNC round 2 tak sabar nak guna motor ni race on MNC round 2.
Orca keep on good working, Orca is the best, Orca is Number 1 in the world. support support.
Sooner or later, semua orang guna Orca motor kat race Malaysia.

Others brand motor sure die, killed by "Orca Kill"...muahahahah Speed Passion became "Speed Patient", Team Power became "Team Powder".
Old 07-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thehappyracer
congratulation!!!
I heard some of my friends said this MNC round 1 Orca motor is the fastest motor ever, around 4000-4200kv. I'm going to order 1 and use before the MNC round 2.

I'd checked others brand 11.5t motor it's only around 3600-3800 kv and not more than 3800kv. Since the motor looks like Novak and I also checked, Novak website. Novak 10.5t=4200kv , 11.5t=3750kv.
If Orca 11.5t motor around 4000-4200kv, then the power almost same as Novak 10.5t. I'm sure I punye kereta will be fast and very happy man at the MNC round 2 tak sabar nak guna motor ni race on MNC round 2.
Orca keep on good working, Orca is the best, Orca is Number 1 in the world. support support.
Sooner or later, semua orang guna Orca motor kat race Malaysia.

Others brand motor sure die, killed by "Orca Kill"...muahahahah Speed Passion became "Speed Patient", Team Power became "Team Powder".
I make some tests on most brand 11.5T on my hand, the kv should be around 3600-3800kv, it is very interesting why orca motor can achieve over 4000kv. does anyone know what equipment orca use to measure their motor or if those orca 11.5t is not the 'real' 11.5t? I think we should test the motor(test kv or inductance) in the race just like US that all motor should be got approval before the race.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

hello engine.tech,

Its good you point out the Kv of some other motors. There is no real hard and fast ways to show what is what. In any case, Kv is basically RPM/Voltage use.

I suppose no one bothered to question why other motors were getting 3800Kv when we were only doing 3300Kv. While we are able to achieve the 4000Kv mark, someone starts to question us? Very interesting. At least our motor is lazer engraved to show its turn, while some only use a little sticker to show its a 11.5T, so whats there to prove its a 11.5T motor? BTW, whats the standard for a 11.5T motor anyway? Is there anyone who shows you what it is? I suppose nope. So we are below the 4200Kv as what is posted on Novak's website. To give you a reference point, every turn, based on the Kv difference between 10.5T and 13.5T is about 4200Kv (10.5T) and 3300Kv (13.5T), each turn is about 300Kv, and therefore 11.5T is about 3900Kv. To be exact, we are giving about 3900Kv, spot on. Even this means that the ORCA Q QX-1 is only about 150Kv more than what other brand of motors, which at 7.4V translate to 1110rpm more, which in relative term should be about 4% more than your other motors. Even at 4000Kv, it is only about 6.7% more than the rest. But from what we have seen from the race last Sunday, I believe we are showing more than 1110rpm from the next brand. Therefore there is more than the numbers are showing.

As for our testing equipment? I use a ORCA Brushless Motor Driver! It is, in my opinion the most accurate way of measuring the RPM and Amp draw of a brushless motor. Because you basically connect the device through an old Muchmore Motor Driver and use a 12V power supply to do the testing. Other systems out there uses a battery to test and it will in my opinion give you an inaccurate result as the battery is not a constant voltage power source, hence the RPM would be different from one another. Even if you are to use a full pack of battery on every test you will still get a different result every time. Although it is for reference, I want to be sure that we are able to provide the most powerful equipment that we can produce to our customers.

To me, it is never going to be a even playing field. Its very simple, why does the Epic DUO 2 17.5T motor dominate in the US, while it may have the same Kv as others? Because its not the numbers that do the talking. I have ran my car with the QX-1 with another driver using a Speed Passion motor, and I can tell you that the QX-1 motor does not have more top speed, rather it has more torque to push it to the top speed sooner than the other brands, thereby giving you a sensation that it is much faster.

I can tell you that the QX-1 11.5T motor is geared at 7.4-7.8 and it can run 8min with a final temp of about 65DegC. To me, to provide the amount of speed and be kept at that temp with 1 fan is an achievement. Even the RX-1 cannot achieve this performance. Its not just about the numbers, but rather the drivability and the other features that makes our motors stand out from the rest. It is the same for others who are running a different ESC, not only ORCA ESCs, although it is dfinately better to use ORCA ESC for its motors.

All I am saying is that our motor is for sale and not for team drivers only and it is not selling more than any other motors, there is no need to envy and question why. In the world of RC, the technology is moving forward. ORCA did not complain why Tekins were so fast when we were beaten by them, we merely asked ourself, why are we so slow. So there you have an answer, "Don't ask why is ORCA faster!".

For those genuine users, remember, ORCA is here to give you an advantage over the rest of the field. For those that have just signed in deliberately to flame ORCA for being faster, please refrain from doing that, it will make us look too good. Flame ORCA when they are slow, flame ORCA when they are fast, basically you are just looking for opportunities to flame ORCA.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Mike,

Can you PM me how much is the handling and shipping cost to update my esc with the new software (currently using TITC software) Thanks....
Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Dear ORCA users,

I would like to thank all of you for your continued support that has enabled ORCA to strive in what it does best. For the last few months, ORCA has been hard at work to do some catching up on the ESC front and ofcourse, develope the new QX-1 motor. With the information and suggestions that was collected from our users, we are able to develope a motor that runs cooler and faster than any before it. The coolness is also due to the VRITRA TC Spec PRO's software implementation of our Dynamic Turbo function plus the motor's new hardware and material used. Hence the result that we have achieved below.

MNC 2010 Round 1 PROSTOCK 11.5T (A-Main)

Racer - ESC - Motor[/SIZE]
1) Norazam - Speed Passion 2.1 - ORCA Q QX-1
2) Azri Amri - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA Q QX-1
3) Jackie Siow - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA Q QX-1
4) PY Tang - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA Q QX-1
5) Michael Lo - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA QX-1
6) Ken Ng - LRP SXX STOCK Spec - ORCA RX-1
7) Zuki - Tekin RS Pro - ORCA Q QX-1
8) Shahrin - Speed Passion 2.1 - ORCA Q QX-1
9) James Ki - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA RX-1
10) Jonest Wong - ORCA VRITRA TC Spec PRO - ORCA RX-1

ORCA has proven that it is fast again and showing that it will definately be some hard fought battle ahead of us seeing the different brands of ESCs in the top 10 spots, but I am confident with the support of all the drivers using ORCA products that we will continue to make products that are "FAST!" for you to gain that little bit of advantage from your competitors.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

mike!!... u got PM...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help with ORCA Gladiator Motor Limit...

hi... I need to know if I can use bl 5.5T with my orca gladiator(100A) esc? the manual said can only use more then 11.5T... can anyone upthere help me? many thanks...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rclegend
hi... I need to know if I can use bl 5.5T with my orca gladiator(100A) esc? the manual said can only use more then 11.5T... can anyone upthere help me? many thanks...
Hello rclegend,

I am sorry to inform you that the Gladiator is a entry level ESC. It is not intended to run anything more than 10.5T.

Thanks and Happy RCing.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default ORCA Gladiator

thanks mikecan....
Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Dear Racers,

It has come to my attention that a few racers that are running modified motors are not setting the VRITRA TC Spec PRO correctly to get the most out of their motor and ESC combination.

Most of the modified drivers like to add timing to their ESC. Which in modified motor is not the best way of getting the power out of the motor. When running modified motor, please do the following.

1) TIMING - 0 to 3deg MAX
2) TURBO DELAY - OFF
3) TURBO TIMING - OFF
4) TURBO INTERVAL - OFF

These settings must be strictly adhered to as not to damage your ESC. Any timing more than the suggested timing used will result in damage to the ESC.

To gain more speed/power/punch there are a few settings that can be set to achieve that. More speed is to play with the gear ratio to achieve it, more power, you can always play with the PWM to achieve that. In modified motors, we would normally run 32K for the smoothness, or if you like it more raw, you can run upto 2K to have that kind of crazy power delivery. In my opinion is too difficult to control. More punch, that would be to adjust it at the punch setting. For modified, I would normally run 2-5, but if you feel that you need more, you can run upto 10. Again, that is base on personal preference.

As a guide a 4.5T motor would be geared at about 8.3-8.7, and the rest of the turns, please improvise accordingly.

Hope the information would help to clarify as to what must be adjusted to get more speed as the parameters used in Modified and Stock motors to get speed are totally different and cannot be inter-cross as it will not be the right thing to set for each kind of class.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
BRC
Tech Adept

Can someone PM me the price of the QX-1 11.5T?
Next year onwards we're running 10.5 or 11.5?

If next year 10.5, can you PM me the price of 10.5 (if available)
If not, the 11.5T.

Plus shipping to Miri.

Qty:1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.