Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BestMart RC Race - GP & EP - 5th of October '03

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
Nitro Methanol is a mixture of Methanol spirit and Nitro Methane, Nitro Methane aids in quicken the combustion process only.
I believe Nitro Methane is there to stablilise the combustion. You can use fuel that is completely methanol without nitro methane. Pure burning power
Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

InitialD, enforcement is really easy if they want to do it. The car is compounded after the race like in F1, no problems at all. Goes into parc ferme ... like in the Ft Lauradale race this year where Barry Baker won over Kenji Osaka, they even checked the heats! Something like over 30 cars were disqualified for the first heat. They are that serious! But in Malaysia its "tidak apa laaaaa ..."
Old 09-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tIANcI
like in the Ft Lauradale race this year where Barry Baker won over Kenji Osaka, they even checked the heats!
Ummm, Ft Lauradale? Where is this? I think you mean the Winternats in Ft Myers in Florida lah !!

Something like over 30 cars were disqualified for the first heat. They are that serious!
Ummm, that sounds like the recent IFMAR 1/10 TC WC in Portugal That's overzealous In the heats, all nine drivers disqualified leaving only one... But in the end, all of them were let through...

But in Malaysia its "tidak apa laaaaa ..."
Malaysia BOLEH !
Old 09-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Beeing in our society most people are all out to cheat to gain someting. I personally think if we are all out to cheat than why call ts a HOBBY.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Speaking from experience?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe Nitro Methane is there to stablilise the combustion. You can use fuel that is completely methanol without nitro methane. Pure burning power
Nitro Methane (CH3NO2)is basically used in model fuel to aids and hasten, strengthens the combustion process by releasing oxygen molecules. This provides extra oxygen for combustion. and hence i mentioned aides in the combustion process it's something like the NOS system for the 4 stroke engines for the 1:1 Scale cars.

Nitro Methane by itself is very unstable hence it can cause a lot of pre-ignitions when used in higher percentage and higher compression.

So it is always mixed with alcohol to stablize it.

The reason , Nitro Methane is added to our fuel is due to its oxygen content and aides in the combustion, as oxygen is not a combustible gas but a good compliment to the fuel for burning.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Oooooops ... it is Ft Myers ... the disqualification was not Portugal ... was Ft Myers ... that should be the way.

Xman, you are the man!!! I failed Chemistry for my MCE!!!

Malaysian's cheat because there is no policing!!! So we have to police things. Get properly organised and we will get recognition and nice tracks! Also, time has come to pay la for track use!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Chemistry my "favourite" subject Thanks for the explanation Master X.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Oooooops ... it is Ft Myers ... the disqualification was not Portugal ... was Ft Myers ... that should be the way.
Disqualification in Ft Myers? Anyway, the one in Portugal had the most heat because of blatant use of the rules...

Xman, you are the man!!! I failed Chemistry for my MCE!!!
Woow, you must be a dinasour then.

Malaysian's cheat because there is no policing!!! So we have to police things.
Talking about policing, there will come a day when bribing of the organisers will become an issue in Malaysian RC scene... Look lah at what the price money they give at the races nowadays?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

InitialD ... yes I am older than you but you can bet you bottom dollar I look younger!!!

The WinterNationals was only disqualification for the 1st heat, they then rectified things and were in for the 2nd heat.

Thompson Chong can bribe ar? Maybe he can press one extra lap for heats to get TQ and then somehow do something for finals too!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Talking about policing, there will come a day when bribing of the organisers will become an issue in Malaysian RC scene... Look lah at what the price money they give at the races nowadays?
Ya, Won't be surprise if there are bookies too(Illegal book-Keeper) around those big races, for side betting like those horse races....HaHAhaha! There is no rule about betting on RC cars yet!!...
Old 09-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

InitialD ... yes I am older than you but you can bet you bottom dollar I look younger!!!
Whaaa!..... What is your secret???
Old 09-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Younger looking my a$$

Thompson Chong can bribe ar? Maybe he can press one extra lap for heats to get TQ and then somehow do something for finals too!!!
For the money, try him lah... I'm interested to know too. It may come in handy... You'll probably be the first to succeed. Come to think of it, you won't have any difficulties convincing him
Old 09-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Younger looking my a$$
You know, Prof D, Caster oil can be used as a medicine(No Joke) also.....
Wiping it on the face helps smoothen out wrinkles.......revitalizes old skin.....
Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
You know, Prof D, Caster oil can be used as a medicine(No Joke) also.....
Wiping it on the face helps smoothen out wrinkles.......revitalizes old skin.....
Ummm, I thought castor oil is sold in the Pharmacy as some kind of a purging agent when you perut sakit?

Under what brand are they sold? I must try it on the skin then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.