HMS 1/10 & 1/8 GP RACE 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HMS 1/10 & 1/8 GP RACE 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys..it seems that this K.K race is a big issue between the racers and the organizer.. i myself have been thru a lot of racing -local and international race..and involved in organizing both local and international races also..

I understand why some racers got really upset about why they cannot have a refund on their entrance fee and i also understand why the organizer dont want to give back their fee.. i also got upset..but not because of the weather, we cannot do anything about that..what i'm really upset about is how the organizer handled the matter and how they answered our questions when we asked for refund..

As an organizer, and a racer, they should know how much we spent our money and time going to k.k or any other races..they should respect our support on their race, for me.. i go to k.k just to support HMS.. and how they answered my questions about refund is beyond my expectation.. i was really dissapointed and for me it is not a professional way as i see them as one of a respected company and a long time fren.

RC is our hobby.. and once we go racing in any other country we meet each other as frens and brothers..its a good and healthy community.. but once that we feel cheated.. its hard for us to trust them back or respect them.. what i heard is that some racers didnt pay for their entrance fee during the K.K race..is this true? .. if it is..where is the fairness in this? and yet they got lucky draw also? ..hmm .. its okey .. whats past is past..but pls consider our effort on joinning your race..

To HMS organizer, on behalf of Team MMES Brunei..i thank you for your hospitality and friendship..i am sorry to say that Team MMES Brunei will think twice if you organize any future races. For us there are more higher standard and professional races to join, to enjoy doing our hobby and meet our frens and brothers all over the world..
Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fatboy
Dameetz,

I afriad that the issue of refunding the entries fees should be stopped as we could see so many of replies slashing here and there would end up the RC community in getting worst. As a Organiser myself, Refunding of entrance fees due to the cause of rain is not refunable as i decribed early in my post.

First of all, nobody expected the rain from pouring and secondly as a Organizer himself would not wanted that to happened. Even though as you mentioned is not a big race, why should you take part ?? The reason was simple, Beacuse HMS had a nice track, nice facilities, Well Organised and the lucky draw gift is great. As for lunch, It's was spell out that the entrance fee does not includisve of lunch and there is not complaint even for the goodies. Femca is such a great event and no goodies was given as well and we don't see anybody complaints that issue. Regading trophy, lucky draw gifts it was been order according to the registered particpants and I dun agree you of giving such a remark.

As a sole Organiser of the event without any sponsor, the race was held to promote the RC Community and we should thanks HMS for catering such event and i dun see the point of arguing the refundable entrance fee. I'm not siding HMS but looking at a point of the Orgnaiser, The Organiser had the right to determine the final call of the event.

So, i wish it would come to an end as i feel many ppl looking at this thread would be a messed off with all the un-necessary arguement going on.

Just treat it as a trip without RC.
Dear Fatboy,

Firstly, I m confuse by your post, look at ur post #332 you said that during Femca there were some goodies then ur post #337 above you said there were nothing during Femca Anyhow that is not my point, I brought up that matter just for a comparison between these 2 races not for a complaint, if I were to complaint about having no goodies at the KKrace I would have post it in my first post.

Secondly, what did provoke me into this argument is the way the Organiser reply to one of the racer's question. Look at post #332. Does that sound like blaming the racer back because he didn't ask him earlier during joining in the race. Afterall this racer went there and join his race which indirectly SUPPORTING him and what did he get instead is a BLAME. I was expecting a good, polite and thorough explanation from the Organiser.

Thirdly, I said earlier a few times that I did not blame the Organiser for the weather. And I can see some of you guys were thanking the Organiser for organising, supporting and promoting RC...Well I don't. Since they are not here responding or replying I assume, I say again this is from my assumption that they are making a lot of profits from the race they organised, which for me deviating from their actual aim that is to support or to promote r/c.Futhermore they didn't even bother to care and satisfy the racers who join in their race. p/s i may delete my assumption after they really give a good explanation on this thread.

Fourthly, most of you guys were making example of other 'Other big races do not refund the fees either' Ok just for a thought, do all race organisers or HMS for this matter have to follow this rule just because the 'Other big races do not refund the fees'?? My point is, if theres a better way to improve the rules and how to organise races then why not doing it.

Lastly, SADLY I have to say that I ve been to a better well organised races than the KK race with friendly and polite statement if you are asking about something. This does not mean I will not join the future race of HMS I m just saying that I have to think twice or more than twice maybe before joining in. I hope HMS can improve their 'Public Statement skill' as well as their organising skill.

I can also see some of the thread post here is on the same page as I do, and i do thank them for really understanding the whole scenario here.

P/S: For you guys to think about, What do u think if organisers can actually refund your fees if something should happen and the race was not there at all?
If we can make a change for a better why not doing it.

Last edited by dameetz; 10-29-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

maybe next race HMS can give discount for those who has registered n paid for the oct race some discount n waive the lucky draw??? then is every1 satisfy??? i don't know but almost all races (i can't remember any refund) that i have joined (rc or non rc) didn't make any refund if race was cancelled due to weather... unless some small races wher it doesn't involve in any investment or expenses being spend to carry out the event... but for the HMS race, i guess they have invested some hefty $$$ to organise it... the rental for tents, PA system, transponder jobs, wiring, lucky draws, etc... but well, hope every1 understand that, HMS ppl having a rather sad time too now... they never fail to organise any race before... well, some r lucky enuf to have some time practise at sunday (not me...) n some even invested a brand new car + engine n etc for the race, but they oso never blame... anyway, let's hope for a better weather for the next event...

juz my 2 cents...

frankie