Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Johor Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ruD
Here's the picture of Giant RC Track today...Lots of people and spectators.....
That's a nice pic of the track Rudy Nice track too

Anyway, I see you've changed your avatar. Do you already have the EVO?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello everybody, long time no see haahahahha,

wei rud.. amacam tq target.. good luck..

about the giant track.. already collecting charges.. RM3 per day.. ok what..

so bz today. never touch my car since dengkil race.. try to play a few tank this week..

see yaa..
Old 07-14-2003, 09:59 AM
ruD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
That's a nice pic of the track Rudy Nice track too

Anyway, I see you've changed your avatar. Do you already have the EVO?
I guess the Giant track is by far the most popular at JB now by comparing the number of people playing

Well, I dont think anobody has gotten the new Kyosho Evo yet. I was informed it will arrive soon...eta 3rd quarter this year.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:31 AM
ruD
Tech Master

Originally posted by bodyguard
hello everybody, long time no see haahahahha,

wei rud.. amacam tq target.. good luck..

about the giant track.. already collecting charges.. RM3 per day.. ok what..

so bz today. never touch my car since dengkil race.. try to play a few tank this week..

see yaa..
Hey bodyguard, can discount somemor? I think RM3 charge to play on daytime is expensivelar! If nite time RM3 I don mindlar.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:47 AM
ruD
Tech Master

This weekend race at Kluang would be a big affair race with 100plus participant coming all over Johor, Melaka and KL. There might be few Singaporeans as well. Seems like the on-going rainy season doesnt hamper the on-road kakis! Heh..On road is growing stronger everyday with many new faces everytime I visit the track!

I'll be runnin my usual Kyosho RR of TCSS Hobby with the the new Novarossi NS12 this weekend to see how well the engine performs againts the field of Rody Tuned from KL....loan for test engine from Niko JB since they are distributing it now By the way, the NS12 works the best with the Nova Turbo inline pipe! and do remember to remove the venturi for maximum power! wicked lauff huh!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Bestari Bestmart track

rud,

how about the smell????? smell of the rubbish bin????

have they got rid of it??

Originally posted by ruD
Good news to all 1/8 on road fans....the track at Bestmart have been redesigned and would be able to run 1/8 on road.Of course the 1/10 on road can run as well. Another good news is that the track would also be a permanent feature here with Bestmart supporting the funds to build. There will many turns with islands centred and no more of those 90 degrees turn. Well done indeed
Old 07-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ruD
I'll be runnin my usual Kyosho RR of TCSS Hobby with the the new Novarossi NS12 this weekend to see how well the engine performs againts the field of Rody Tuned from KL....loan for test engine from Niko JB since they are distributing it now By the way, the NS12 works the best with the Nova Turbo inline pipe! and do remember to remove the venturi for maximum power! wicked lauff huh!!!
Rudy, cannot tahan the bigger engines huh? So the OS goes into semi retirement already? Let us know your thoughts on the NS12. I'm very curious too to see and hear how it performs with the rest of the pack Good luck

BTW, since you have a digicam, mind taking pictures of the engine internals if you happen to take them out? Pics of the crankshaft and piston liner would be great
Old 07-14-2003, 07:46 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Bestari Bestmart track

Originally posted by Windtalkers
rud,

how about the smell????? smell of the rubbish bin????

have they got rid of it??
Nope, its one of the "attraction" at Bestmart track though
Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Rudy, cannot tahan the bigger engines huh? So the OS goes into semi retirement already? Let us know your thoughts on the NS12. I'm very curious too to see and hear how it performs with the rest of the pack Good luck

BTW, since you have a digicam, mind taking pictures of the engine internals if you happen to take them out? Pics of the crankshaft and piston liner would be great
I have actually sold off my OS with my Kyosho a week ago no retirement for the OS....
Sorry i didnt take any pictures of the NS12, anyway the internals looks exactly the same as in the website.Performance wise its much better in power overall but higher fuel mileage in comparison to my previous OS.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Rud, u were using OS 5 ports previously right? What are your views on the engine? Good enough for Sgp's Raffles Marina track right since it is not as big as Giant track.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:28 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Originally posted by hurhur
Rud, u were using OS 5 ports previously right? What are your views on the engine? Good enough for Sgp's Raffles Marina track right since it is not as big as Giant track.
Hi Hurhur! I think the OS is most suitable for small / mediem tracks. I did a have a very good run with the OS, lots of punch ,good idling and good fuel consumption.Only lacks power at top but with proper gearing,u may get it.

Definitely superb for Raffles Marina track,,I'll give it 9 star out of ten! And for ur additional info, the TQ and champ at last week RM "KyoshoK" race was also using OS, same goes at Giant race result.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ruD
Hi Hurhur! I think the OS is most suitable for small / mediem tracks. I did a have a very good run with the OS, lots of punch ,good idling and good fuel consumption.Only lacks power at top but with proper gearing,u may get it.

Definitely superb for Raffles Marina track,,I'll give it 9 star out of ten! And for ur additional info, the TQ and champ at last week RM "KyoshoK" race was also using OS, same goes at Giant race result.
yeah! i was there for the RM race last weekend. TQ's OS is simply ballistic...blew away the Mspeeds, Rodys and Maxes.
I have seen you race at RM before, what gear ratio do u recommend for the OS?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:28 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Hey...i only raced once at RM track...wasnt competitive yet dat time compare to now

Me gearing for OS @ RM would be at 15/19 pinion with 44/48 spur,but dat was based on the odler layout,no sure bout the new layout yet. havent been to RM for quite sometime.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ruD
Me gearing for OS @ RM would be at 15/19 pinion with 44/48 spur,but dat was based on the odler layout,no sure bout the new layout yet. havent been to RM for quite sometime.
Wahlau eh, that gearing on the V1RR with a torquey OS engine would be ballastic Does Kyosho have those pinions? I thought the smallest was 16T and 20T for the 1st and 2nd gear pinion...

I think with a torquey engine like the OS that lacks high end RPM, you can afford to gear up to maybe 17/19 pinions with 48/44 spurs (do they mesh?). The torquey engine should be able to pull the car at a lower ratio. Maintaining a smaller jump on the gearing makes for a smoother gear shifting and makes the ratio jump from the 1st gear to 2nd gear shorter
Old 07-15-2003, 05:29 AM
ruD
Tech Master

The Raffles Marina track is small with very high traction,dats why i feel the 15/19 pinion with OS combination would be ballastic! Dont really require high speed at all.You'll need lots of torque.
By the way, u can only use combination of 15/16/17 for first gear and 19/20/21 for second gear and the any spurs would match perfectly.You can also jump up to 4 pinions different but require proper meshing example like I use 16/21 pinions for Kluang track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.