Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC news in Sarawak

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

D,
is it normal to change the ride hight(or whatever you guys call it) of the car when the foam tyres are worn out?
I notice that my chassis plate get scratched when running the car really low.ngeri oh....
any sollution to this?

Jfc-tech,
I'll be in KK this Wed till Sunday.So maybe jenguk you guys at Kolombong.Cannot main cos takut kereta sesat di negeri dibawah bayu.
So at which track will you be this Saturday?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by CyrilJ88
D,
is it normal to change the ride hight(or whatever you guys call it) of the car when the foam tyres are worn out?
I notice that my chassis plate get scratched when running the car really low.ngeri oh....
any sollution to this?

Jfc-tech,
I'll be in KK this Wed till Sunday.So maybe jenguk you guys at Kolombong.Cannot main cos takut kereta sesat di negeri dibawah bayu.
So at which track will you be this Saturday?
This Wed..coooooollll..straight to KK Lee's shop ok.
Saturday??? We already racing in competition , u know. In Lok Kawi Army Camp Base. 2 days race. SAturday, Qualifying both EP & GP & 28th sunday, Final.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Prophet

any sollution to this?
Yes, you actually need to maintain your ride height when your foam tires wear out.

When you do that, your droop (front or rear) may be limited when you do this. Ideally, you need to ADD more droop when you maintain the ride height back to where to started with the worned out foams.

Just as an example, say you started with 6 mm ride height and with 66 mm foams and with a droop of +5, then when your tires wear down to 62 mm, this means your ride height will come down to 4 mm. So you compress the shocks (left and right equally) to get back your ride height at 6 mm. When you increase the ride height by +2, you need to INCREASE droop from +5 to +3.

Besides the above, this is what I do. I try to maintain the same front and rear tire diameter. Once the rear tire diameter is like smaller, change the rear tires so that their diameter differences do not go more than 3 or 4 mm. Else, if you do not know what you're doing, you'll create front overdrive which may or may not be desirable for your track. Note that front overdrive makes the front belt of the car wear faster.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, you actually need to maintain your ride height when your foam tires wear out.

When you do that, your droop (front or rear) may be limited when you do this. Ideally, you need to ADD more droop when you maintain the ride height back to where to started with the worned out foams.

Just as an example, say you started with 6 mm ride height and with 66 mm foams and with a droop of +5, then when your tires wear down to 62 mm, this means your ride height will come down to 4 mm. So you compress the shocks (left and right equally) to get back your ride height at 6 mm. When you increase the ride height by +2, you need to INCREASE droop from +5 to +3.

Besides the above, this is what I do. I try to maintain the same front and rear tire diameter. Once the rear tire diameter is like smaller, change the rear tires so that their diameter differences do not go more than 3 or 4 mm. Else, if you do not know what you're doing, you'll create front overdrive which may or may not be desirable for your track. Note that front overdrive makes the front belt of the car wear faster.
Also in conjunction with the tyre wear, you will notice that your engine will revs faster and your car will have better pickup. But take care not to over rev the engine to maintain the speed the car once had when the tyre is new, else you will end up overheating that will shorten the life of engine..... Try to gear you car to the effective tyre diameter. not when it is new.

My 2 cents..........
Old 12-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
Also in conjunction with the tyre wear, you will notice that your engine will revs faster and your car will have better pickup. But take care not to over rev the engine to maintain the speed the car once had when the tyre is new, else you will end up overheating that will shorten the life of engine..... Try to gear you car to the effective tyre diameter. not when it is new.

My 2 cents..........
Good points raised Master X ! I almost forgot about that. That is why the tire rollout chart is very important ! The tire rollout chart will determine how much of rollout (or topspeed) you will get in relation to the gearing and your tire diameter you will be using.

And also I should mention that changing ride height by turning down the shocks would also change the camber a little. So ideally, you should also reset the camber again when you change the ride height by means of turning down the shocks.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Prof,Can you please explain more on the BOLD TEXTS above.Firstly how do you measure +5 and what do you mean by increase droop from +5 to +3.Thanks.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cilla
Prof,Can you please explain more on the BOLD TEXTS above.Firstly how do you measure +5 and what do you mean by increase droop from +5 to +3.Thanks.
Measuring the Droop or DownDrop(Meant the same thing) by using a droop gauge of course! You can get this from Eagle Racing, SpeedMind ,Hudy and etc.etc...... Get the Hudy one! This is the best droop gauge in terms of quality and precision.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
Get the Hudy one! This is the best droop gauge in terms of quality and precision.
That's the DARKSIDE !!
Old 12-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Cilla
Like what Master X said, the measurements are from the droop gauge. On the droop gauge, more positive numbers (higher downstop values) means LESS droop. Vice versa.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Like what Master X said, the measurements are from the droop gauge. On the droop gauge, more positive numbers (higher downstop values) means LESS droop. Vice versa.
OK prof and master X ,now can proceed to next lesson.Thanks.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

anybody know what type of servos should I use on a Sanwa M8?
Someone told me that the m8 will only tolerate digital servos,is this true?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Prophet

anybody know what type of servos should I use on a Sanwa M8?
Someone told me that the m8 will only tolerate digital servos,is this true?
M8 tolerate only digital servos? I think you got the wrong info.

I think the guy was probably referring to the latest controllers like 3PK or the KO Helios or Mars R where when you use the HRS (High Response System) receiver, you need to use only digital servos.

The M8 will work fine on digital as well as analog servos.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

thanks,guess I got the wrong info.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, cyril...any latest news...racing event that u want 2 report?
Where do u race often? is it on weekend only? do u have proper track, built for GP/EP? I would like to know. One of this day, i wanna race there...well, Kuching pls.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Asean Cup 2004

JUST FOR ALL THE ASIAN RACER INFORMATION.

DATE OF THE EVENT : 12 TO 14/03/2004
VENUE : KUCHING CITY,SARAWAK,
EAST MALAYSIA
EVENT : 1/10 200 MM NITRO TOURING
CAR.

RACERS FROM WEST MALAYSIA,SINGAPORE,BRUNEI ,SINGAPORE,INDONESIA,
WERE ATTENDING LAST YEAR EVENT IN PENANG.
THIS YEAR ,HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET RACER FROM JAPAN,HONG KONG,THAILAND,TAIWAN,AUSTRALIA TO JOIN IN THE RACE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.