Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

engine rm350 not inc of entrance fees
Old 06-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yep w/out entrance fee...
i missed the "ex"clusive vs the "in"clusive entrance fee..
thanks pokemon...

Gt1: how much is cheap u consider??? here MX3 is RM530 negotiable...Blazer RM400 neg. MX3 better, FM radio.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:37 PM
KJ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Calling for all GS owner. It's time to gether and have fun in the coming 29th Jun Titiwangsa GS close race!!!!!!

Please refer to http://www.rcpitstop.com.my for details.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:53 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jfc_tech
yep w/out entrance fee...
i missed the "ex"clusive vs the "in"clusive entrance fee..
thanks pokemon...

Gt1: how much is cheap u consider??? here MX3 is RM530 negotiable...Blazer RM400 neg. MX3 better, FM radio.
sorry.. i'm not sure 'bout that,,average is just the same..all MX3 is Rm500...but in H.Kong , the price is very cheap compared to here..not to say to our LHS laa....here the tax is so high..in HK MX3 is around RM360, Blazer is around RM180..
Old 06-20-2003, 10:21 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

KJ,
tempted to watch or maybe join the TTWangsa race..but it seems like i cant make it la...

just wanna ask from u guys la...
what if we change the 16T pulley to 18T pulley at the middle belt ? the 16T pulley we put at the side belt?..havent try it yet...anyone experienced?
Old 06-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gee...i wonder about it too...maybe create an overdrive or something ... ask KJ.

really looking for GS setup...i'd searched everywhere. i just couldn't find anywhere...except in the RTR manual...hahahaha.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:07 PM
KJ
Tech Regular

Originally posted by GT1
KJ,
tempted to watch or maybe join the TTWangsa race..but it seems like i cant make it la...

GT1,

just wanna ask from u guys la...
what if we change the 16T pulley to 18T pulley at the middle belt ? the 16T pulley we put at the side belt?..havent try it yet...anyone experienced?
Yes, we have tried that and the get ratio is all off. The front will run at a faster rate and the tail will loose easily. Don't seems to gain anything out of thr experiment.

Let me know if you did tried it out.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by KJ
Yes, we have tried that and the get ratio is all off. The front will run at a faster rate and the tail will loose easily. Don't seems to gain anything out of thr experiment.

Let me know if you did tried it out.
It will create front overdrive. However like 1/8th scale cars, you can alter the front tire diameter so that the front tires are smaller than the rears so that the overall front and rear tire rollout is the same. I don't know the stock internal pullys of the GS but if the jump is not too big, you can use 3 to 4 mm split (smaller front tires than the rears) while still maintaining the 1:1 overdrive ratio.

On long races, larger front tires help compensate for uneven front and rear tire wear. Also, smaller front tires tends to give you better steering as the front of the car will sit lower and hence more stable also at high speeds.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:41 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

yeahh..its good to know that..anyway..KJ , how was the competitor this coming race?
Old 06-27-2003, 05:50 PM
KJ
Tech Regular

We are expecting 50 racers turning up this Sunday. Except the weather, everything else is under control. Winners and lucky draw prize are good. Expecting a fun race. Drop by if you guys could.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:07 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by KJ
We are expecting 50 racers turning up this Sunday. Except the weather, everything else is under control. Winners and lucky draw prize are good. Expecting a fun race. Drop by if you guys could.
hope u can update us on the results,
feel bad coz couldnt watch the race..
Old 06-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

the race was good. there was abt 40+ cars from malaysia, sabah & s'pore. unfortunately it rained in the morning. started off late waiting 4 the track to dry. needless to say the first few heat was bad for some. after that the track was ok but still damp. then it rained again!

luckly the track dried faster this time. the champ was .....who else...andy dass he was very consistant and displayed superb driving skills. a few others was also very good. andy was also the tq.

i did ok. would like to thank my pitman and spawn for support. i hope rcpit will post a more detailed report so eveyone can read it.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

pokemon got huge butterflies in his stomach!! but he did well after a few laps in the b-main. Also his drive slow and steady strategy is the way, started 9th and finished 4th. Most of the other drivers in the b-main were very aggresive, many crashed along the straights and U after the long straights, 1 or 2 had overheated engine (vapour lock!). 1 ass driver also crashed into my leg when his car flew out of the pit lane into the pit crew area, wanted to stomp his freaking car for that, lucky that I had an expensive digital camera in my hand otherwise.

1 more scarry point is that many drove at full speed along the pit lane. A couple crashed while trying to pit!, silly isnt it!. Pokemon had the sanity to go slow into the pits.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by pokemon
luckly the track dried faster this time. the champ was .....who else...andy dass he was very consistant and displayed superb driving skills. a few others was also very good. andy was also the tq.
Was spawn having this deal with you to split 50/50 any earnings?

Anyway, congrats pokemon I honestly thought you would give Andy Dass a run for his money and kick his a$$ like you promised you would
Old 06-29-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
1 ass driver also crashed into my leg when his car flew out of the pit lane into the pit crew area, wanted to stomp his freaking car for that, lucky that I had an expensive digital camera in my hand otherwise.
Slower can mean faster

Crashing in the pit is quite normal in races especially if the race has a lot of beginners. Most action can always be found in the pits.

Hey, care to post any of that from your digicam? Perhaps maybe a good shot of pokemon's car in action and kicking a$$ on the Titiwangsa straights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.