Wiki Posts
Search

Any R/C equipment maker in M'sia?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonGater
The picture shows a re-work project, still plenty of bugs in the firmware, and I've already burn 4 transistor on the proto board already.
This is a Cycler Charge with deltapeak detection Charge Max 5A,Discharge @20 AMP, and LAN RJ45 port for PC communication I've tried to use a PC switching power supply in this case (as most pple will use)but it don't perform well.And the 2 P3 heatsink can't dissipate heat fast enough discharging @ 20AMPS and can discharge a NIMH batt in less then 5 sec, I need to find alternative for the heatsink..
I have more then 15 type's of ESC board with me and still working on the CAM part. Micro-control LIPO cells Banlancer and many others which are commonly used by R/C.
Hope this will help the M'sia community here, or properly not.
btw, some of the hardware component are only assemble here in m'sia which in most case can't be sold here and are only for export purpose, I'm not too sure about the agreement between the both counter part.
interesting project. But I can't see the attachment.
Why the transistor keep burning? Is it during charging or discharging? WHy don't use mosfet? Just curious.

keep up the good work.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default oopss!

I'm using PNP and NPN transistor for both charge and discharge, and a current transducer as a feedback circuit, this picture shows the initial project to test the charging and discharging . the final pcb now have grown twice the board size, more function and safety circuit..most of the firmware bugs has been fixed.the transistor burns due to overheating.. , now discharging not more then 5amps shows no problem, not very nice photo and messy wiring .

Last edited by MonGater; 11-06-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice project you got there MonGater.

But where are the diagram u wanna give me about the simple charger.

I've PM'ed you but no replies.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Nice project you got there MonGater.

But where are the diagram u wanna give me about the simple charger.

I've PM'ed you but no replies.
Yes, that's you can POT adjust base current and the only way to do it, but i dont what kind of transistor you are using to determin the POT resistance to use. at least you must provide the transistor part number?
I've attach a simple constant current charger circuit for your reference using a L200 transistor which can adjust both voltage and current upto 2amps..
Attached Files
File Type: zip
chgr.zip (10.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MonGater
Yes, that's you can POT adjust base current and the only way to do it, but i dont what kind of transistor you are using to determin the POT resistance to use. at least you must provide the transistor part number?
I've attach a simple constant current charger circuit for your reference using a L200 transistor which can adjust both voltage and current upto 2amps..
What if I use 2N3055 transistor ??? Its an NPN power transistor.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
What if I use 2N3055 transistor ??? Its an NPN power transistor.
why dont you use 2N3055 as part of your power unit with parallel of resistor and use LM317K to regulate your charging circuit... coz 2N3055 can't be regulated and a amplifiers as state in datasheet , and they are both TO-3 metal case package
Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default DIY Deltapeak Low cost charger

Simple to do Charger... dont need programming
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Max713_Charger.zip (52.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by MonGater; 11-06-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Trakpower LiPo

I came across this one

http://www.trakpower.com/

Product of Malaysia

4900mah 7.4V LiPo (sounds a lot like Team Orion's Platinum pack with 2s2p Kokam cells).

Anybody know anything about them?

Edit: I forgot to add, I actually saw some of this in a hobby shop in Singapore last month.