Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss! >

Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well...for you to say this...
Originally Posted by devious17
Well if you think that Club race and World race champion are the same then......
...it sure seemed to me as if you doubt the driver list, and that it is important for you to know whether they won the Club races or "World" races to be eligible to be named as one of our local top drivers. Of course they are not the same, but to apply that question to our driver list? You did not say that our local racers aren't any good, but like I said, you statement posed a doubt to me... "It seemed to me"...if you didn't mean it that way, i retract my statement.

Anyway, that does not sound like a question out of curiosity to me...same applies to your another "question out of curiosity" as you said so...
Do you think your SPM is equivalanet to the international O levels?
If..like you said, that it is my "lack of comprehension" towards your post, and that I cannot differentiate between a sarcastic statement and an enquiring question, my apologies for misinterpreting your post.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My question is genuinely a question to find out what level of race that they have participated to justify my own ranking of those racers in the list furnished. To know who stands where in our local RC scene and nothing more to it.

I have been hanging around the likes of LKH,Desmond,Sariman,Rahman,Anthony Wee, Ben Siew, Hj Jusri,M.Zain,Sunny Wong,Gelong, Ah Lun just to name a few for one and one reason only.......to learn from the BEST and if I have missed out the better ones I would want to know who that person is to be my personal benchmark

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and if that is in contradiction to facts then it is best to debate it gentlemenly to achieve a greater understanding of the topic.

Like in my sig

If there is going to be a thinge of sarcasm in my post it will be very obvious

This is sad, on holiday and here I am , posting in a forum .....damn rain!

Last edited by devious17; 10-24-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

u guys really got nothing better to do then to succumb to da topic starters silly remarks?? and he has all da gains and as u all can see it is more then 4 pages edi!! ahhahahahhahaha

got better things to discuss, go book a ballroom and ask everyone to sit down with a piece of paper and a pen and brainstorm more to make and organise a more competitive RC market, talk bout sponsors, talk bout rc as a way to make a living and not a hobby anymore all those stuffs..... talk in a forum, goshhhh i tot i am da only fella here who is not matured!!??
Old 10-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1 difference I noticed after racing down under is that the racers are more competitive. We have club racers all over the place and when we talk about club races its not bashing your car with your friends like we do in KL. We actually race with each other with AMB transponder system. You can find these races every other week somewhere within an hour or 2 by car. I find this so much better for me then the usual bashing and not knowing whether you have improved because of your new setup, equipment or skills. No its not free but its not expensive either, usually cost about $10 per person - no nasi lemak or stuff, BYO.

I have to say that this has helped me improved my skills as I try a different setup every round to test how the car perform. Also the club races I attend are not run by hobby shops but by clubs or volunteers. In KL I tend to bash a lot and have no idea about racing or what to do when racing till Tomato and Atria kaki helped me. I am not sure club races will help in KL but it helped me. I even bought myself a PT which I would not in KL. No need to fix the big AMB transponder anymore and no need to rush for the transponder before the race. Saying that I am still not there with the top drivers downunder yet. Still a long way to go for me in EP, only 4 months into this battery car thingy.

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
Yeap.....I agree all listed are good......but to have one of the best to do well in the international circuit, I am afraid there's none.

You said it correctly........we treat it as a hobby just like I said. We are amateurs. Those mat sallehs are pro and they are very good. Not shallow mentality lah !

Going overseas are not that difficult nowadays ! Many just went including myself to see why they are so fast ? There's no explaination for it. There are plain smooth and fast. The fastest lap is like some 3-5 seconds a lap compared to us. So like our local A main compared with D or E main....sorry no offence to lower drivers. But we are like E main compared to them or worse. We don't make a impact and just not yet.

Same car and equipment like I mention before. Fuel same and everything same. Extraordinary ! Standard equipment......

Just to discuss who is the best in local already headache. That's the statement.

To summarise, like mention all are good. To counter assault the world, we have zero drivers, For local races, there's plenty who can win in a single race.

Overseas cannot make it loh. That's the fact. Our system need to change in order for those maybe can do better. WE need new drivers who can adapt a different system to determine the consistency of the drivers.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by df-jr
u guys really got nothing better to do then to succumb to da topic starters silly remarks?? and he has all da gains and as u all can see it is more then 4 pages edi!! ahhahahahhahaha

got better things to discuss, go book a ballroom and ask everyone to sit down with a piece of paper and a pen and brainstorm more to make and organise a more competitive RC market, talk bout sponsors, talk bout rc as a way to make a living and not a hobby anymore all those stuffs..... talk in a forum, goshhhh i tot i am da only fella here who is not matured!!??
dei! it's raining and cant drive into KL with all those traffic cops lurking in dark corners maaa so stuck with my screen loo...

Brainstorm about RC? Better snug up to my pillow laa
Old 10-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Initiate

diuuu u think kl now is 40 years back kahhh??? no lights one ahhh??? dark mehhh??? hhaahhahahahaha

if rain da better laaa, cops wont soak themself in rain furthermore it is CHOR YAT today maaaa
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

df-jr,

In fact you are quite true........

Really damn kow sian........HOLIDAYS........so we continue to talk onli lah here.

Not immature..........but all getting too old............
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

cipet! you know my car never been rained on one maa KNN, kena rain then re-sale value like proton edi

I cant start my Nova 21-35 in the rain maa......my 1:1 is "Barely street legal" go into KL the cops sure will have a field day looo.

df-jr, you talk so much never seen you on the tarmac also,becoming tok kok king aaa?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
df-jr,

In fact you are quite true........

Really damn kow sian........HOLIDAYS........so we continue to talk onli lah here.

Not immature..........but all getting too old............
ya man! thinking of flying heli edi, at least it could fly from my lawn instead of going to the tracks.

Anyone on virtual RC here?

df-jr, didnt you know? The older you get the more immature you become? just like tdm
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

df-jr, didnt you know? The older you get the more immature you become? just like tdm

Life is short.....have fun loh.

Virtual RC I thought of it, but my old junk cannot support.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

my 1:1 is "Barely street legal" go into KL the cops sure will have a field day looo.

wah what car you drive ?? r34? s15?? 600 or 700 HP???
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

mauahhahahahhaa.... u jokers make dis CHOR YAT day look like CNY alrady!!! aaahahhahahahhaha
Old 10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Chor Yat!!!!!!!!!

I am actually enjoying.....I thought " Lin 30 "

Old 10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Eh devious17..... janganlah marah.... .

Danny..... itu Indoor forget about it..... our 1K trophy money pun our government tak bayar lagi....already 3yrs.....

afiq......... I think you pun baru main this hobby....correct me if I'm wrong.... You forget to meantioned Vincent Wong..... Danny.........

FYI....... Vincent has won many races before..... he has given Kenny Chua ( one of the good driver Singapore) a hard time. And Danny also has won few races in Singapore. (FYI not easy to beat all those Singapore Kaki.... they are purely good ( I still not mentioning they are the best yet)... namely Ah m. Sam Cheng... Kenny.... Glenn...Chris... Wenyi....Ben Seat..... CH Tay... etc-etc....)

Tha is why sometime we got to differentiate BEST Vs Good driver (terms).... I think all you mentioned is Good driver.... Best mmmmmmmmmm have yet to come.

You can ask Ong Chee Yong....Andy Dass..... and all our KL kaki's I believe they have the same opinion.......

Cheers...... and Selamat Hari Raya.............
Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

"i've also heard he once was into EP and tapau'd Chee Yong! .......ada betul ka?"

HAHAHAHAH Devious, u sure about this statement aaa????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.