Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss! >

Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 819
I'm not trying to arguing to any body in this thread,friendly to say,even i bring out 100k for you(sponsoring),can you 100% prove to me that your pratical in one year can bring back the World Champion to Malaysia? dare bet with me? to score top ten only in any IFMA world event?
please redress your errors,because you are not the talent one,rights?
I find out most of the you are busybody in the r/c tech forum,some of you like to interfere and tampering with the thread,the most funny things is the moderator seem like no feeling at all for the interferent.so, do you expecting this thread will bring the healthy informations for everybody?
Hi,everybody this information may help you to discuss!FIFA is going to vote who will be the best player in year 2006.then anything wrong to discuss who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?(we are open for your selection) please donn't tell me to change the topic o.k?
2)the 1/8 onroad GTP drivers in past ten years:
a)Lai kok Heng,Choy Thiam Fatt,M.Zain,Haji Jusri,Wong Yun Keong,Andy Dass,Hafiq,Anthony Wee,Badrul,Ben sew,Ah Lun,Shaliman,Desmond Lam,Hamizan............
b)TC.Boy,Rudy Lim,Suhaimi,Edwind,Ah kam,Niko Cheng,Alex Hau..............
c)Gary Soh,Chris Han....................
i personal vote for them,and you?(if you not agree with me,please come out you explanation! donn't talk to others topic,thank you.)
Make a friendly protest reason or argue in the thread only, Malaysia will become 'Boleh'.

I still dont get it, man....why are you so engross with who's the best in Malaysia? Does talking about it helps bring back the World Champion to Malaysia too? Afraid not.....

Some talents are born, but most are made and sharpen by years of sheer hardwork..if given the chance and opportunities, there might be champions born in Malaysia too in the near future. But by just talking, voting and not hardwork and opprtunities, that's empty...extreme bullshit.

819, this forum is a meeting place for all RC hobbyist in Malaysia, they are welcome to speak, joke with friends, exchange infos and opinions......NOT busybodies like you say they are, they are the ones that kept this forum busy and interesting......and of course you have a right too to disagree but at least have it in a nicer manner laaa...

I think our moderator is a nice chap, giving us all the freedom of speech in this forum.....and YES, he kept this forum alive and fun to visit and not dull and serious like you want it to be, hehe.

No, it's not wrong to discuss who's the best in Malaysia.....only if there's people joining into that discussion....but if there's none, you cant point a gun in their head to force them right? If FIFA is going to vote for the best football player, why not you go and ask IFMAR who's the best in Malaysia, if you really need to know so badly......

Anyway, chill out man...and....enjoy this forum....it's a cool place to hang out
Old 10-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
Friend,

I guess maybe the rest of the guys put it in a jokingly way and was never serious and disturb you with this and that.

Don't be mad.

There is no best driver in M'sia category and all drivers listed are good, no doubt. The reason cause seldom they comes together and there was never a league like EPL or anything to determine who is the best. All you name out there are good drivers but to be best among them.....I also don't know who is and who is not. Nobody out there even knows ? We all only know this guy is good.

So how to discuss ?

In one year to be in top 10 in IFMAR, there is no possibility. Our No 1 drivers might only be in the top 100 in the world only. But that's is provuiding the 2nd string drivers in their country can't qualify because there's only 4 places allocated. The top 150 driver in Europe and America can slaughter us in one, not forgetting Japanese, the Thai and others around us. Even the Singaporean are better.

So you comes up with this, all experience drivers knows where we stand, we are only fast here.

So your topic top drivers in Malaysia, even the let say good drivers daren't not to admit they are the best. So outsider worse, we only knows who is fast on race day itself when there's race. But good year in and year out. Wah no one knows who is good leh.

End of the day, we just enjoy our hobby and when there's a chance we compete in international event just to see for ourself why foreign are so fast.

Man, they are PROFESSIONAL and works in the Rc industry. Our local drivers, got to work for a living and play RC for hobby only. And morever they start racing very early like 6 yrs old and race in very high level competition which most top drivers in the world are. M'sia got no good drivers in Asia and in the World level.

End of the day, let's say you bring sponsor 1 million, but I am afraid no takers.

Cause M'sia memang TAK BOLEH in the international circuit. Not negative but it is the facts.
yo Danny,
who say started racing late wont be able to be top driver? anything is possible. Ryan Cavalieri started playing RC at year 2000 and he was wining multiple National champian & IFMAR world too. i think put effort on the setup and track time is the key.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

"And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."

That is what you must do to be the best. I'm sure many of you racing kakis will know who it's from!

Also just to say for sure currently we are no where on the world map as far as RC goes , but does that really matter? Most of us are in it for the fun of it anyway. I love reading however about the worlds events that Malaysian drivers take part it , no matter where they finish , it's always great to see how they do. But if we put effort into it , and get organized then I don't see why not Malaysia cannot have a world champion someday , don't admit defeat before the battle has even begun.

"The day it arrives, it will arrive. It could be today or 50 years later. The only sure thing is that it will arrive." Can't resist another quote! First person to identify him gets umm ... title of best "Forum Racer in Malaysia"!!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great RC driver from this country? a bit susah laa me thinks, first of all the industry is small thus no sponsorship for those that really fits the criteria for sponsorship.

In relation to the previous point , we dont spend 5 days a week on the tracks polishing our skills unlike the factory drivers. Those that can afford and have the time to kill for the hobby will slowly die a boring death.

And lastly, the RC community are not balanced of passion and business most are in for the profit only but what puts me off in disgust is the childish acts of wanting others to fail miserably so they will monopolise the market and brand camps - "you are not my friend if you aint running my brand" this is the most evident syndrome I have noticed also the one I hated most.

As for the affordability - If you cant afford RC dont bother with it. It's not a toy so dont go comparing prices with other toys in the pasar malam.

Peace
Old 10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Of course being realistic it's difficult , we all know what the infrastructure is like here in MY. But honestly if there's a will , plus a bit of talent ... sure got jalan. Having a Malaysian champion does not neccassarily mean for instance they have to develop skills here , maybe someone studying or working in a country with a big RC base could someday make us proud at the very top level. But as I mentioned before , that's not really the most important thing , it's more the attitude. If nobody says it can happen , then it never will.

I would love to see the local RC scene be more beginner friendly , honestly it doesn't have to be a terribly expensive hobby , it's just because a lot of us make it so. All scared lose! It would be great if we had standardized racing rules to keep costs down , especially in nitro. But yeah , difficult to do and even harder to cultivate such a culture I suppose. When it comes down to it , I think most people can be satisfied if they can be competitive at a price that doesn't burn a hole in their pocket. It only takes one person having a super modified RM2000+ engine to get the wallet race going.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by devious17
Great RC driver from this country? a bit susah laa me thinks, first of all the industry is small thus no sponsorship for those that really fits the criteria for sponsorship............................
Masami Hirosaka won his first Worlds in England was not sponsored. He bought his Schumacher CAT upon arriving in England assembled it and raced to win the IFMAR EP 4WD Offroad event, beating all the sponsored factory drivers !!.....and the rest is history.

So......I've noticed there are a few boys "sponsored" by their dad....just like Masami.......but it is the aspiration, desire, dedication and attitude that makes a Champion. $$ is only no.5

Surikarn from Thailand was sponsored by his dad until he won the IFMAR Worlds TC.........

.......boys.....are you guys who lucky enough to have a dad sponsoring you have this aspirations, desire, dedication....bla bla bla......to be a Champion....the best of the best ?

for those who don't.........don't fret, juara kampung oso acceptable wert, look at Mizan.....remember the most recent international race @ TT ?

Last edited by tornado; 10-19-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guo Chean,

Ryan may be racing in 2000 like you said, but look at the level of competition in the states. Every A main race is a World Champs A main final. That is a totally different scenario in our local scene. Of course, talent counts too.

Some local drivers also race in USA and Aussie cause they are there for studies or work commitment..........you see any Ryan when they comes back home ?

I doubt it.

Just like Masami, like Tornado said in EP. To have a amateur in A IFMAR event....is not surprising......but extremely remote. Also he's Japanese......and which Japanese is slow.

Local we don't have anyone nor anyone who is even 1% or nought% close.

End of the day, to be good in M'sia already good enough.

Good in S'por M'sia - Hard

Good in S'pore, M'sia, I'sia and Thailand - Even HARDER

Top 10 in the WORLD: DON'T DREAM
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Top 10 in the WORLD: DON'T DREAM

TOP 100 can LOR....nyak nyak nyak.....
Old 10-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Top 100 in IFMAR........can think lah.

TOP 10 like I said.........DON'T DREAM.

Like a friend who told me over in Jakarta.....M'sia will never have a TOP 10 driver till the day he MATI............. I just laughed but he is telling us the facts.

I can't agree more. 105% to be exact. The current batch.......NO WAY

New generation maybe........
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Btw only 2 MSIAN can in Racing -

1. Alex Yoong
2. Kramjit Singh

That's 1:1 scale.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Btw only 2 MSIAN can in Racing -

1. Alex Yoong
2. Kramjit Singh

That's 1:1 scale.
You sure or not...about the no. 1 one. He can sure look like one, act like one......but don't drive like one..hahahahaha (itu F1 commentator say one)

Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bro.... mentality pun tak betul... so how can be world class driver..... not mentioning World No1.

Anyway like Danny mentioned .......Next generation......
Old 10-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syaf13
Bro.... mentality pun tak betul... so how can be world class driver..... not mentioning World No1.
Itu pasal, kami terpaksa menurut- seruan pemimpin-pemimpin malaysia yang berkata " MALAYSIA BOLEH!" -lah...

what to do bro....... see lah football - last time i see malaysia whack south korea one. now i think mynmar also can whack us.

hockey - mana itu bola pegi ?? shhhh...

badminton team - might as well play bedminton

Last edited by Redalert; 10-20-2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

No 1. Alex Yoong........boleh lah.

F1 memang orang Asia tak boleh. Lagi itu Team Minardi.......na mah....... Macam pull start lawan turbo engine. Lagi pun, dia dah jutawan........memang boleh.....cakap saja mah......

Pemimpin...kita....ini yg sgt susah nak apa ?

Kenapa saja " M'sia Boleh ? "

Sampai skrg " Boleh kah " ?

Inflasi teruk, economy teruk, kilang tutup and Proton lagi........tukarlah slogan...

M'sia Memang Tak Boleh. Kerajaan selalu kata boleh.........tapi penduduk berpendapat tak boleh.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

No 1. Alex Yoong........boleh lah.

F1 memang orang Asia tak boleh. Lagi itu Team Minardi.......na mah....... Macam pull start lawan turbo engine. Lagi pun, dia dah jutawan........memang boleh.....cakap saja mah......
I also cakap aje....

Pemimpin...kita....ini yg sgt susah nak apa ?

Kenapa saja " M'sia Boleh ? "

Sampai skrg " Boleh kah " ?

Inflasi teruk, economy teruk, kilang tutup and Proton lagi........tukarlah slogan...

M'sia Memang Tak Boleh. Kerajaan selalu kata boleh.........tapi penduduk berpendapat tak boleh.
good one!

big bro, i think you have potential to debate at www.malaysia-today.net hahahaha, BTW what is your screen name in malaysia today ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.