Wiki Posts
Search

GS XUT Truggy!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Exclamation XUT Advanced Convertion Kit

The XUT Advanced Convertion Kits should be in sometime in June. Big Broad Shocks, New UJs, New Steering System for your XUT Pro or Team Kits. Get yours before the GS CUP guys!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Default XUT PRO Advanced

GSC3053 XUT PRO AD Team Kit Truggy

New in Kit
GSC-300030 O-ring P11
GSC-CLW002 New crown gear 38T for better acceleration.
GSC-CLW003 New geometry lightweight front shock tower.
GSC-CLW004 New geometry lightweight rear shock tower.
GSC-CLW005 New lightweight 7075 T6 Alu. CNC chassis.
GSC-CLW006/007 New front & rear lightweight CVD set.
GSC-CLW008 New Carbon fiber radio tray with new center gravity designing.
GSC-CLW009 Dust-free wheel nuts with o-rings.
GSC-CLW010/011 New lightweight 7075 Aluminum chassis braces.
GSC-CLW012 Alu. battery heat sink for receiver box.
GSC-CLW013/14/15 New high down force wing.
GSC-XTA001 Lightweight F/R CVD 130mm

Coming in October!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Default XUT Pro AD

The XUT Pro AD will arrive sometime in October. This Truggy is fully hopped up. Theres nothing else to change. Book yours now!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default wide hubs

hi jets..just wanna know if i cud replace the wheel hubs of my XUT rtr??coz i notice that when i changed my tyre to a LPR from Proline my car wasnt that wide and saw also a thread that GS offers an upgrade of a wider wheel hubs..
Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by elyk14
hi jets..just wanna know if i cud replace the wheel hubs of my XUT rtr??coz i notice that when i changed my tyre to a LPR from Proline my car wasnt that wide and saw also a thread that GS offers an upgrade of a wider wheel hubs..
You have PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, resurrecting a very old thread !

I have recently bought a GS XUT PRO 2 self assembly kit from Nitrotek in the UK. Looking at the earlier pictures in this thread of the older versions it seems that quite a few changes have been made, the most obvious being the position of the shocks.

As you can from the pics below they appear to be much less upright and the towers are clearly a different design...
Attached Thumbnails GS XUT Truggy!!!!!!!!-img_6431-medium-.jpg   GS XUT Truggy!!!!!!!!-img_6432-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

When you compare to the XUT pics shown at the beginning of this thread you can see the difference...

I know that more horizontal mounting makes the shock action less progressive and can make the handling more aggressive and that moving the shocks to a more vertical mounting has the opposite affect.

However looking at the various mounting points regardless of the position I use the shocks will be more horizontal that on the early versions.

Is this something I need to address or will this be due to other changes in the geometry of the suspension that mean the current position is ok ?
Attached Thumbnails GS XUT Truggy!!!!!!!!-img_1277.jpg   GS XUT Truggy!!!!!!!!-img_1279.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GSXUT
When you compare to the XUT pics shown at the beginning of this thread you can see the difference...

I know that more horizontal mounting makes the shock action less progressive and can make the handling more aggressive and that moving the shocks to a more vertical mounting has the opposite affect.

However looking at the various mounting points regardless of the position I use the shocks will be more horizontal that on the early versions.

Is this something I need to address or will this be due to other changes in the geometry of the suspension that mean the current position is ok ?
Hmmmm....interesting. As mentioned on the phone we never raced with horizontal shock positions before. I don''t know how the car will feel. but if you need cheap GS XUT parts I still have some.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jets
if you need cheap GS XUT parts I still have some.
That's good to know !!! I don't think I will be able to find parts easily in the UK.