Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Fastlane Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Then why did we run quad magnets with 2 mag?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey, I agree, I think the 4300 class is fine just how it is! Changing classes around seems like it's been a problem all along... there's no reason to mess with a good thing.

With that said, I sure am curious about the new Orion ESC, and how it would drive a sensored motor with its sensored/sensorless hybrid technology.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Lord

I found a speck class over in the revive the nastalgic thread check it out.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Lord

And I'm not suggesting closing 4300 i'm suggesting another class just a fraction faster what do you think everyone will just run over and join in.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Lord

Heres what I'm going to do. I'm going to buy a B4 buggy put a tekin brushless 19 in and wait for summer.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm just gonna keep racing 4300 with a big smile on my face because it's the best time I've ever had in R/C, and be thankful we've got so many people locally that feel the same way.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Lord

Maybe they wouldnt if they could run somthing else look I'm moving on. I'm not 4300 for ever I'm racing everything I can. Just trying to get more variety now that its started. Have fun. I'll be bashing in the drive ripping sedan on the play ground turning it loose. The damn tekin is probably slower that will be ok HUH?

Last edited by UN4RACING; 01-05-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How about those Chiefs?

GO PATRIOTS!

Lets go racing, I don't care what class I run as long as I have fun, when I stop having fun then I will do something else. But until then I am loving stock foam with Billy, Lance, BBB, Jason, Alan and everyone else.

That is what everyone needs to do, quit talking about this on the internet go to the track and race. Because if we all get mad and take our ball and go home Fastlane will cease to exist. So please no more brushless/li-po talk unless it is at the track. Lets just race and have fun, that is what this is all about.

Thanks Charlie. What do I owe you(just pm me with the amount and pay-pal)

Later,
Old 01-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Holly crap... an argument in the Kansas forum that I didn't start! You guys keep this up and your gonna make me feel left out!

Couple things...

Did I miss the unhappy people? Everyone I've seen running in the 4300/Lipo class have been happy as sh!t. So where are the people needing a change?

If your not running in the class, why do you care? I see people here who run in stock/super stock offering up thoughts about how 4300/Lipo "has to" change. Again, no offense to anyone, cause I'm known to rub people the wrong way with my opinions , but if your not running it, why do you care?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE....would people PLEASE stop speaking for everyone when you say "everyone feels they have to win". Speak for yourselves on that topic. Yeah, I'll take a win against a strong field, but I don't live and breath R/C just for that win. If you do, you'll get burned out in no time. All I'm looking for is a good race! Period. If that good race is for 1st...cool. If its to see who'll get third (as was the case for me and Adam at the Grand Nats)...thats cool too.

edit......one more thing...

No body is trying to exclude the other companies. Everybody has their favorite companies. Thats cool. Mine is Tekin. I'd rather run a 4 year old Tekin than a brand new Novak or LRP. But the fact is, that Novak took the risk and was one of the first "major" companies to invest in this brushless thing early, so now they're reaping the rewards. Their name is the one most people think when they get ready to start a brushless class. Orion took the HUGE risk to be the only "major" company to invest in these 'deathbringers' that are LiPo packs. So I can assure you that for the next 4-5 years, the first name people think when they think "safe" LiPo packs, will be Orion.

Those are the benefits of adapting early and taking risk. So if your favorite company didn't adapt early(as mine didn't), don't complain about us using Novak's stuff and say other companies stuff needs to be considered. Complain to your favorite company for being too scared(or too small) to make the early leap.

Last edited by Darkseid; 01-05-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

X, I don't think that anyone is tellling you that a faster class wouldn't be welcomed or allowed. I think they're just saying that they don't/won't change the 4300 class since it's fast enough or faster than some want to go already. By this time next year I might even race a faster class with you. My 4-tec is really not a good chassis but it's indestructable and I'd run it in a faster class once I've got some real wheel time and practice not hitting things. I'd hate to see you not racing though since I've seen you all over the message boards and I'd like to meet the people in person who I've seen here and race with you eventually.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

I just want to win, all the time, I dream of winning.

I can't stop thinking about winning.

If only I could win..... all the time.

ADIDAW

tee hee

Now, how do I really feel?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

P.S.

I'll never be able to win.....
Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

We'll see now that the 05 is ready to roll!!
Originally Posted by FreqETag
P.S.

I'll never be able to win.....
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Fastlane is not big enough for a mod class...That is why I don't run a faster motor class.

I would think the 5800 would be as big as a person would want to go and still have somewhat respectable tire wear.

I can't believe how out of hand things can get on this thread. Talk about it at the track....that is where things need to happen. I don't know about most of the guys running 4300, but I know I have had a blast running it. I have been driving my A$$ off. I don't just get up there and screw around. Driving my A$$ off is fun for me. It makes me faster. That is why I like running fast drivers, it makes you faster. If you are not getting faster, then what are you doing?? Try a setup change that is really out there? But try something, don't just give up.

Fastlane needs to set up a drivers meeting night, so people can get together and talk about making changes, kinda like a club thing. Like the airplane guys do?

I do know this Sunday will be interesting.....

Core, I have some bodies for people to give you.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erock

Core, I have some bodies for people to give you.

Driving my a$$ off for sure. I've never had to concentrate so hard on driving. Sometimes I make corners and actually think I was for sure gonna hit the board and am amazed that the car goes throughcleanly...weird??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.