Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What do you think about 4 cell in TC?
Willing to try 4 cell
53.33%
No way...
46.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

1/10th TC 4 cell racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How does battery cost differ from offroad and onroad? I run the same packs in both. Always have. I really think 4 cell sedan is a big mistake, but thats just my opinion.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Huskerfreak-Do you understand that the idea is to ADD 4 cell sedan to 6 cell and not to REPLACE 6 cell with 4 cell?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

David, only from a regular racers standpoint that even a 380 run time battery will easily make it in mod buggy whereas a 380 in mod sedan would never finish. Thats all. I dont agree or disagree with the 4 cell thing. Its just an idea and something for us that cannot race during the week to argue about and keyboard race with.

Huskerfreak, dont you worry. We will be there for regionals!!

DrOlds, I dont know what direction that Reedy and Orion are thinking about when the 4 cell thing was brought up.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'll come race with you Doug 4 cell, 6 cell, stock , mod, 19t, what ever, I just want to get my sedan back on the track, for some tight, .1 seconds apart racing
Old 12-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

380 runtime? Man where you getting your packs from? LOL
Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Who said "I" had anything that low? The only thing I have that runs in the dirt has a 5cell pack.

I will have my sedan with me this weekend and every weekend here on out. Although it has been at the track every weekend I go.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 'nother long post

Some "oval guy" opinions, take 'em or leave 'em

4 cell in oval didn't cure anything, it made setup more important due to lack of voltage.

There will always be someone at the track with all the latest hotrod gizmos. There will always be someone who is fast and is tough to beat. Get on the track with them and see where you are getting beat, motor-handling-driving ability. If you don't have the stuff it takes; practice time,equipment or $$$, don't feel bad when you don't run as fast. If you have the latest car/batts and rippin' motors, are at the track every chance you get dialing it in and still get beat=ACCEPT YOUR PLACE IN THE FOOD CHAIN.

Everyone goes to the track to have fun, get their car going as best they can and finish as well as possible.

One of the best onroad experiences I had was when the local club had a handout series. Every week you drew 2 packs and a motor, had a rollout limit to prevent motor abuse. End of series race the packs and motor you kept. Some of the best racing in a long time.

Any form of R/C takes a major commitment of time and money. Compare it to a Playstation, a few hundred $ and you are setup, play when you want to, no travel, no furious wrenching when something breaks in practice and your heat is up soon.

How to get more racers is a tough question, everyone having a good time is tougher.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

EXCELLENT post Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Re: 'nother long post

Originally posted by philb
If you have the latest car/batts and rippin' motors, are at the track every chance you get dialing it in and still get beat=ACCEPT YOUR PLACE IN THE FOOD CHAIN.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: 'nother long post

Originally posted by philb
How to get more racers is a tough question, everyone having a good time is tougher.
Damn, thats a good quote.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The same fast guys win
Right Phil?

Dosent matter what you run....just run.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ... 2 pennies .... ... .

Phil said it.

It won't matter what you run the same guys are gonna be fast. Why? Because they know how to tune the car, tweak the motors, and they ALL have been driving for 10+ years.

You can't expect to buy a car, buy 1.19 batts, a 69 power motor and go out and beat Sydor, Bear, Eric or Scott..... Thats the problem, people for some reason think they can.

Trust me, NOTHING replaces practice and knowledge. I have been back in the hobby now for a few months and I am just starting to catch up to these guys. The reason? Practice. AND, every one of these guys has helped me in one way or another to get faster.

The problem is NOT the fast guys. The problem is the slow guys who think they should be fast. These are the same guys who whine, complain, and don't ever show up........ Like a wise person said to me.. "When you run your race and hit every mark, don't hit a single board or dot, then you can complain about not being fast enough"

If everyone who has posted on here would show up ONCE a month to race this discussion would actually be about 4 cell, not silly he said she said crapola.

Drive out to the track, PLEASE, we need people to come race. Its really not that far, just put in a good CD and hit the cruise control. Keep in mind its 20 minutes from O.P.

Lastly, the spec class is the only way to create an even monetary class. Draw motors, batts, limited roll-out. Even with that I'll bet you all my gear that you'll still get spanked by the same guys in that class too.... experience wins races.

Freq E ---- out
Old 12-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Opinions are not bad

Hey my view is simple. I want to run with other guys that are my pears, some faster some slower. I don't care so much if it is with 6 cells or 4 cells. It does not matter if all the fast guys are in the A and I run the B with other guys my level. I want to win sometimes and be beaten some times. If there is not somebody to push you or force you to get better then it is just nothing more than practice laps. Shoot look how Billy steps up his game when Erock and Bear come out... or Scott K for that matter.

Racing last night was fun, we had heats seperated so peers were running with peers. Billy, Erock, Bear, Racer (some letter) and Scott K all ran great heats with most everybody on the same lap (or close) B main guys all ran same heat and were on the same lap or close. That is what I like. I bet Billy (d) does not like having to wait for a pass around me 3 times in a qualifier any more than I like having to pull over for him (or brake check him like in Omaha) But one thing is for sure I want Billy and Erock and Bear (and others) there because I learn from them. On a rare occaision if I bring my A game I can drive with them (stay within 1 lap), most of the time I cannot, I lose concentration and duff it into a board. Neil is correct on one thing, I have to stop hitting boards before I worry too much about my battery voltage or my speed controls (you guys all know me I still run Tekin - OK part of that is cuz I am cheap too)

OK so sorry for the long post so if anybody cares here is what I wish and in some relative order.

1. I want to race
2. I want to race someplace close and support local businesses
3. I want more people there to race with
4. I would like to race with people of my similar skill (intermediate class)
5. I will race and pull over with the fast guys if that is the only way I can race
6. I want to have fun (most of the time) but not required all of the time because it is a competitive leisure activity and drivers stand turrets will happen
7. I don't want to go broke doing the things above.

So if 4 cells will accomplish some of these things I will try it because I already have the cells from 12th scale, I don't expect anybody else to be forced that way. If 40 some percent of the people are willing to try it a few weeks then the others don't have to. If it does not work, nothing lost. If it works the 6 cell guys can still run everything 6 cell and a few guys (call it the intermediate class) can run 4 cell. both the national and local discussions on this have missed one thing. Some times guys who do/have done this get/have families and both their time and $$ budget get reduced. If not having to true motors/tires as often, saves on both of those constraints I am game. There is no way to find out unless we try. I will commit to trying, but not to continuing unless it helps with the wish list above

I just want more people to race with, that is what makes it fun if it bring people into or back to the hobby it is a bonus (as long as it does not chase people away) Shoot nobody has called this a mandate just a suggestion to try it out (most of the 4 cell oval guys say it was a good thing)

Just my thoughs... long but I guess I needed to share this perspective. This is not targeted at anybody or meant to offend anybody... just my opinions. You know all that standard small print disclaimer stuff.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Opinions are not bad

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deltaman
[B]
Some times guys who do/have done this get/have families and both their time and $$ budget get reduced.

I hear that
Old 12-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If we start with the general idea that the same fast people are always going to be fast, then we're still left with the root question.

Can 4 cell make racing interesting enough, while those same people are winning , that people still feel like coming out to race in sedan class?

Some of us will keep coming out even if there are only a few cars and we're a couple laps down. Just for those couple times when you stumble upon a really great race, even if it is for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. But, as proven by current attendance in this class, most wont. So something short of those people winning, has to get them to race again.

What that "something" is....4 cell???, spec???, seperate class for the supposed "whinners"???, a stonger economy???....I don't know, but it better happen fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.