Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
2011 Jconcepts winter indoor shootout >

2011 Jconcepts winter indoor shootout

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Jconcepts winter indoor shootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm getting super pumped for this race! Its going to be a good one!

A.K.A Rico
Old 11-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Rules?

Just a quick rules question. I notice that on rcsignup it specifically says no boost for stock truck and for stock buggy but dies not specify in stock corr. Will the 2wd stock corr class allow boost? Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chad coming back to kc.......better hide the sheep!!!

Be good to have you guys down here
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Updated

Invite spread sheet .

Look close for a new driver added to the list .
Attached Files

Last edited by PW; 11-10-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Nice to see Tebo added!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Race Info:

We are going to be using the following tires below in the Invitational class. Green compound will be supplied during check-in on Thursday and Friday as rears and 2wd fronts. 4wd fronts will be blue compound. Additional tires in the same compounds will be available through the hobby shop.

3016-02 V1 (2wd / 4wd rear) Bar Codes green compound

3017-02 (2wd front) Bar Codes green compound

3020-01 (4wd front) Bar Codes blue compound

Tire program –

Although we will not have an official inspection during check-in for mounting we will make random checks immediately following races. Our goal is to have a level playing field with the tires and open cell inserts front and rear. It will be permitted to use a rear open cell (white) insert in the front, cut to width but we would like to make it as simple as possible for the racers. We are promoting a level playing field but most of all we want it to be fun and entertaining.

· Compound check

· Insert check – stock open cell (white) inserts

· Tread, natural wear (no true slicks or complicated pre-trimming)

· Tire traction / additive = house rules

Invitational class program –

Drivers engaging in bad driving will be asked to clean it up or stop and wait for a driver to retake position. Incidents do happen on the track but it’s important to be courteous and act professional. Absolutely no yelling or arguments will be tolerated from drivers. If you are involved in a conflict, the drivers will be asked to leave. The race director has the official say on all decisions and they are final.

Open class program –

This will be run as normal and should be very simple and straight-forward. IFMAR Style qualifying and heads-up starting in the main events. As always, courteous driving is encouraged and will be dealt accordingly as described in the invitational class program.

For additional questions, please ask the management crew at the event or see the race flyer.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Ckint, It's been a long time since I've been to KC for an RC race. Thinking I might have to bust out my Shawnee RC Racing Team Driver Jacket!! HAHA
Old 11-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've herd roumors this weekend that the invintational guys are being allowed to run in open as well? If this is true, i will not be comming, why should I drive down there, spend all this money on parts, hotel, tires and entry fees but the invitianoial guys get tires andrun twice as much? I've talked with a couple people and herd this, I hope not, this would kill this race,
Old 11-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Nitronut3
I've herd roumors this weekend that the invintational guys are being allowed to run in open as well? If this is true, i will not be comming, why should I drive down there, spend all this money on parts, hotel, tires and entry fees but the invitianoial guys get tires andrun twice as much? I've talked with a couple people and herd this, I hope not, this would kill this race,
I 2nd That
Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Problem is if you take away the 24 in the invitational you would only have like 10 left in the open classes. I'm in agreement though, it would be nice if the 24 wouldn't run in the open classes and let the guys not worthy compete for the scraps. :-)

Steve also needs all the entries he can get cause in the next 4 months or so he will be constructing the outdoor offroad track. That can't be cheap.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nitronut3
I agree with Nate. I signed up for this race thinking I might have an even chance of making the A main. I don't know if I want to drive that far to run the D main.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Problem is if you take away the 24 in the invitational you would only have like 10 left in the open classes. I'm in agreement though, it would be nice if the 24 wouldn't run in the open classes and let the guys not worthy compete for the scraps. :-)

Steve also needs all the entries he can get cause in the next 4 months or so he will be constructing the outdoor offroad track. That can't be cheap.
If I'm not "worthy" why should I even bother to show up?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cause its gonna be a fun race, maybe even funner to watch the action than to race. Its kind of like the ROAR regionals that should have been.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I think what some guys are missing here is it is 2 seperate events, but they are just ran at the same time... If I had to choose between the invite and running the open race I would choose the open event most likely... no one should be discouraged because invite drivers are allowed to run in open classes, if you never get beat you won't in my opinion ever get any faster.... If you chose to sit out you will be missing out on a great event no doubt... another option is to run stock, I dont believe any of the invite racers are running stock.....hope to see everyone friday.....
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know a few guys that wont make the trip if this rule is true. Why even have a invite class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.