Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
New indoor Coming to Kansas City - Olathe Area >

New indoor Coming to Kansas City - Olathe Area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New indoor Coming to Kansas City - Olathe Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by porter
A month out and you have absolutely no idea what day of the week you want to hold races on

OK how bout this will there be races on the weekend or during the week?
i dont think they are trying to make enemies in our area! so nothing is set in stone yet. still working on practice days and pit area as we speak. electricity also in the back room where pits will be...

would anyone be interested in friday night racing?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I don't think the track owner should be to concerned about stepping on anyone toes as far as the race schedule goes. This track is in a different part of town and will attract the locals in the area for the most part much like fastlane does for the missouri side of KC and much like Jakes for the Topeka crowd. I don't think you'll see alot of the regulars from either track but a new group of racers that are local to that area.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Cool, I understand the stepping on toes thing, but think lowrance has a pretty good point also. I know for myself week nights are pretty much out of the question, Fridays maybe, Saturday is really the best day in my opinion, Sunday is OK, but if you run late it's like it messes up Monday even worse cause you didn't get a chance to relax and do "nothing" on Sunday afternoon
Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Suspended

sounds like thursday will be an open house for people to come check it out ....
Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

will be therer thurs for sure what time u thinkin
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Suspended

ill be there around 430 to make sure doors are open. spread the word!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter
Cool, I understand the stepping on toes thing, but think lowrance has a pretty good point also. I know for myself week nights are pretty much out of the question, Fridays maybe, Saturday is really the best day in my opinion, Sunday is OK, but if you run late it's like it messes up Monday even worse cause you didn't get a chance to relax and do "nothing" on Sunday afternoon
LOL JP, we got kids,wife,job and to top it all off we are getting old and would rather get in a good night sleep than stay out late and race! Sad day but I knew this day would come. Good point it is why its so hard for me to Go to Topeka cause dont wana be out so late on a school night!

But just a thought what about Saturday open the track for racing around 4 or 5 start racing around 6 or 7 like back in the day at Real-RC! Helps for those whom have to work on Saturday and gives us family guys a chance to spend time with family and then go have fun when wife only has to deal with kids alone till they go to bed Would also give the outer towner's more time to travel. And it would be the best option to NOT inter fear with Fastlane and Jakes.

Like a said just a thought!

Track looks pretty good! Would love to check it out sometime!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bus
LOL JP, we got kids,wife,job and to top it all off we are getting old and would rather get in a good night sleep than stay out late and race! Sad day but I knew this day would come. Good point it is why its so hard for me to Go to Topeka cause dont wana be out so late on a school night!

But just a thought what about Saturday open the track for racing around 4 or 5 start racing around 6 or 7 like back in the day at Real-RC! Helps for those whom have to work on Saturday and gives us family guys a chance to spend time with family and then go have fun when wife only has to deal with kids alone till they go to bed Would also give the outer towner's more time to travel. And it would be the best option to NOT inter fear with Fastlane and Jakes.

Like a said just a thought!

Track looks pretty good! Would love to check it out sometime!
+1 I like the 6 on Saturday for a start time.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Suspended

hey everyone, just talked to tracey the tracks opening day will be tomorrow, thursday, 2 to 10pm for practice. walk in, check it out and help support a new track. everyone welcome!

dj
Old 12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racer 007
+1 I like the 6 on Saturday for a start time.
+ 2 for 5 - 6 on Saturday...
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCPlains
+ 2 for 5 - 6 on Saturday...
+301,684,189,721,115.2895475632146584752645
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Everyone bring chairs and power strips please. We are still working on the pits portion but Tracey is working hard on it
Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Whats the name of the track?

What is the practice fee?

What is the race fee?

What is the schedule?

Assuming no parts support, right?

What is the dirt made up of (clay, topsoil, sand, silt )?

6 of the 20 questions I have...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

looks like Christmas came early .I;m going to try to make it today.
been tooooooo long .I know 3-4 people from out my way that will glade to here about a local track.nice pic's see ya soon .
Old 12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great track!

The track dirt is a top soil similar to Fastlane but holds water very well. I ran the same tires I normally run at fastlane and that seemed to be the hot ticket, so this is agreat place to work on setups on practice nights as setups between the 2 tracks would be about the same. Was great to get some good wheel time in yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.