Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
****NEW OUTDOOR 1/8 OR 1/10 FACILITY TOPEKA****** >

****NEW OUTDOOR 1/8 OR 1/10 FACILITY TOPEKA******

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

****NEW OUTDOOR 1/8 OR 1/10 FACILITY TOPEKA******

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That's still the last that I've heard....... Don't know what these guys plans are at the moment So I've just been traveling to p-hill for the time being.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My guess is they got so far and found how much time, money and effort it really takes to maintain a track.

Not as easy as throwing some dirt around
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to say guys but he got a job working 60 hours weekly and just doesnt have time.. plans are off as of now!

If it was mine it would have been done by now and making money but anyhow..

It sucks because now Ive got my $1000 RC8e I cant really run cause I cant get off Sat.s
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

REally it's just a matter of time. When I lived in Florida...a place that doesn't have land everywhere the city leased land to the track for $1.00 a year...that's right...$1.00 a year and in the bylaws if they needed the land they would move the track...I'm now in charge of the lease...too bad Florida isn't closer...Anyway point being, if you guys want a local track, the most expensive part is the counting system, after that you just need people. I'd go around to local parks with a written proposal and see what can happen...might not cost any money at all.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ryno767
Sorry to say guys but he got a job working 60 hours weekly and just doesnt have time.. plans are off as of now!

If it was mine it would have been done by now and making money but anyhow..

It sucks because now Ive got my $1000 RC8e I cant really run cause I cant get off Sat.s
Yep and I knew a guy who wanted that RC8e of yours but nooooo.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Been there, done that Dave. The land isn't a problem. It's finding someone willing to invest the time and money to make it happen. The city is willing to give us an area at a community center that even has lights (it's an old double tennins court and is fence enclosed and all). There's no one willing to be the "track director" As you know, it's quite a time commitment, and then you have to determine who is going to pay for stuff. Who is going to rent the bobcat? Who pays for the dirt? Driver stand materials etc... It was started by our LHS, but it's not located anywhere near the hobby shop. I'm not sure how much Rich would want to sink into it, and if it were my shop, I don't know that I would put any money towards it. Joe Blow could have gone to the city and done the same thing Rich did. Rich did the leg work though to get the ball rolling and get the city to agree. I don't foresee the city donating any money, hell, we can't even afford to fix our streets. Unless someone turns up who loves offroad and has both a lot of time and a lot of extra money to make it happen...I wouldn't count on an outdoor offroad track in this town any time soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

We've done that Dave, and did get a few spots that the City of Topeka were willing to let us use. But then they began to ask us to become part of a club with insurance (i.e. ROAR) and that didn't fly to well with alot of racers. And then the money for building materials, dirt, and such came up.

I was more than willing to operate the track when I was under the impression that Dee & Mee hobbies was going to be backing most of the finacial aspects. But when it dawned on me that all of those cost were going to be coming out of my own pocket, or running around begging people for cash, is when I bowed out. And simply decided I would drive to P-hill.

I have land to build a good size track on, but it's out in the middle of nowhere and afraid people won't support it being that far out. About 15-20 south of Topeka via Auburn RD.

I'm asking now to the local racers would you be willing to travel that far out????
Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter
I'm asking now to the local racers would you be willing to travel that far out????
I would be there Porter.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

YES, Build it and they will come

Are you done yet ?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I would support that. I know I can get at least 3 others aswell, 15-20min is less than anywhere else we have to go now. It may start slow but it'll pick up
Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've done that Dave, and did get a few spots that the City of Topeka were willing to let us use. But then they began to ask us to become part of a club with insurance (i.e. ROAR) and that didn't fly to well with alot of racers. And then the money for building materials, dirt, and such came up.

I was more than willing to operate the track when I was under the impression that Dee & Mee hobbies was going to be backing most of the finacial aspects. But when it dawned on me that all of those cost were going to be coming out of my own pocket, or running around begging people for cash, is when I bowed out. And simply decided I would drive to P-hill.

I have land to build a good size track on, but it's out in the middle of nowhere and afraid people won't support it being that far out. About 15-20 south of Topeka via Auburn RD.

Hell yes, it cant be any further for me than the old track, Kuffs still has nitro GT, might be able to get Chris back too. The Wamego crew is out though, as soon as they found out there was no place to race, they sold their stuff and bought 4wheelers.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

I would.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Are we starting on the track build today?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

YES SIR! ALL FOR IT PORTER!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Cant say id be out very often but would sure make for one heck of a wknd! We could race and camp down by the pond and fish in the morning! Sounds like one heck of a Whiskey Tango party to me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.