Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Official Timberline Raceway 2009 Dirt Oval Thread >

Official Timberline Raceway 2009 Dirt Oval Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Timberline Raceway 2009 Dirt Oval Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Official Timberline Raceway 2009 Dirt Oval Thread

Timberline Raceway will use this thread to make updated announcements/news of whats going on to the NEW Dirt Oval we have for the 2009 season.

This is going to be a big year for our oval track. We are in the middle of a complete rebuild of the dirt oval. We were awarded the 2009 QSAC 1/4 scale Dirt National race this year. This will be held on August 1st 2009. So far we have had interest from 12 states and some communication with our fellow 1/4 scale racers from DOWN UNDER in Australia! who are interested in making the trek to the Land of OZ!

The track will become a 380 foot driveline and we will widen the track to 28 feet. We will incorporates a HOT PIT a 8 foot wide pit 50 foot long behind a chainlink fence down the front straight away. I am building a new Oval Drivers stand that WILL be handicap accessible. As with the offroad the track will have a automatic sprinkler system,new scoring booth,PA system with FM broadcasting,amb scoring with RC Pro Scoring software. I will be adding parking area and more pitting tables.

09 should be a very exciting year for Timberline's Dirt Oval.

Dave Smreker
ww.timberlineraceway.com

Last edited by fish4check; 02-09-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Man this sounds good!!!!!!!

I'm building a Leight Model for the Chili Bowl race in a couple of weeks and I'm really anxious for oval racing this summer at Timberline!

AND, when Dave says 'chain link fence' he's really 'understating' a bit..... a better description might be.......

awe, I hate to spoil the surprise!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default me as well,

I am also looking forward to running dirt. It will be my first time with a Mini LM on dirt. Pretty good on carpet. Consistant anyway, maybe not good.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

As Dave has requested, here are some pictures of his hard work getting the oval ready for 2009 AND the QSAC Dirt Nationals!

First off is Dave and his pile o fences!!!!!!!!!!

Looks happy, doesn't he????

NEXT we have another view of the posts - all neatly lined up and ready for grommets! (you'll have to ask Dave about grommets!)

Here we have Dave at his happiest!!!!!!! Notice the big grin??? It never leaves his face when he's ridin' Big Blue!!!!

And finally you have a long distance shot of the track - you can get a real good idea of the banking and then just use a bit of imagination and you can see where the fence will go!

Lots of progress has been made due to some VERY unseasonal weather over the last few weeks!

AND, hopefully the weather will hold up for the next few weeks and we can start 'planting' fence posts and that kinda' stuff!

For those who don't know - Dave is one of the hardest workin' guys in R/C - he is a very 'in demand' professional who works VERY hard (and long)(and all over the country - from FL to CA at present!) at his real job and then works his butt off on the weekends to create some of the best r/c tracks around!

AND, for those who haven't been out to Timberline, there's also a large off road track which has yet to be 'configured' for 2009 - and the best set of lights south of Kaufman Stadium. Did I mention watering???? For 2009 BOTH tracks will have automated watering - not just the off road! You can see some pictures of the sprinklers in action at http://www.timberlineraceway.com.

The oval track will have a 360 foot drive line - HUGE lanes. It will be a Quarter Scale 1/4 mile, a 1/8th scale half mile and REALLY large for 1/10th scale gas vehicles! Pull the trigga' and hang on!!!!!!!

So enjoy the pictures - Dave & his gang of helpers are going to work our butts off to make a GREAT 2009 Off Road and Oval - for both club racing and the QSAC Dirt Oval Nationals!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thread name correction taken care of.

Good luck with your thread and your 2009 season.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

With the warm weather last week, a bunch of us are getting anxious to get racing for 2009!

Updates are many - the fence for the oval is ready to be 'planted' for the most part - and before that can hapen a bit of dirt work needs to be completed - the dirt work is set for next weekend with starring Billy on the skid steer and Dave on BIG Blue!

After that, Dave's schedule and weather will play a big part in what happens WHEN!

Sooooo, keep an eye here for information and updates as they occur (or are about to occur!)! With quite a few new oval cars completed &/or purchased this winter, it looks like it will be a GREAT season for oval at Timberline!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Well, a LOT of things are starting to come together for this weekend - 3/21 & 3/22!

With good weather and bit of help, it looks like there will be some work on the oval track driver's stand and scoring booth! In addition there are several small projects which need to be completed so IF you have some spare time this weekend, it would be a good opportunity to come to Osawatomie with your work boots, gloves and 'can do' attitude!

I'm down for Saturday, we have one volunteer for Sunday already so IF you are interested in helping out one of the hardest working track owners around this would be a GREAT opportunity!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris K
Well, a LOT of things are starting to come together for this weekend - 3/21 & 3/22!

With good weather and bit of help, it looks like there will be some work on the oval track driver's stand and scoring booth! In addition there are several small projects which need to be completed so IF you have some spare time this weekend, it would be a good opportunity to come to Osawatomie with your work boots, gloves and 'can do' attitude!

I'm down for Saturday, we have one volunteer for Sunday already so IF you are interested in helping out one of the hardest working track owners around this would be a GREAT opportunity!
Larry Harris, Harris Excavating will be their with with BIG Shovels!!
Seriously, we need another 10k yards or more? Where does that dirt go? I never seem to have enough?

The plan is to weld up the new drivers stand for oval. This will include the Handicapp ramp.

Pipe/weld up new sprinkler system for the oval.

Billy P has his skidloader down there, so we will start on the New Offroad Track this weekend also.

If, If, you never know, the weather turns back to Sh** (hope not) we can fall back on the new oval scorers booth. Plus some other prefab/inside work.

Thanks to all that can help!!!!
Dave Smreker
www.timberlineraceway.com
Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

I'm looking forward to this Saturday!!!!!!

There's a lot of things that can get done this weekend and it's always fun to be there when Larry Harris has the 'big shovels' moving dirt! PLUS, actually, Billy P is pretty fun to watch run the 'little shovel' too!!!!!!

Sooooo, I'm planning on making the ride down that way and hopefully we can all pull together and get a bunch done!

I look forward to seeing everyone and even taking a few pictures for posting!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fish4check
Larry Harris, Harris Excavating will be their with with BIG Shovels!!
Seriously, we need another 10k yards or more?
Dave Smreker
www.timberlineraceway.com
What the heck do you have planned that you need an additional 1000 truck loads of dirt? Knowing you, it's probably just a small tweek or something modest.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcfisher
What the heck do you have planned that you need an additional 1000 truck loads of dirt? Knowing you, it's probably just a small tweek or something modest.
OMG 1000?
Did I calc that wrong?
That big scaper does 40 yds I thought?

Have to come up 32 inches 28 foot wide 160 foot long.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

OMG 1000?
Did I calc that wrong?
That big scaper does 40 yds I thought?

Have to come up 32 inches 28 foot wide 160 foot long.
Check the shape of your boots. I think you have cubic feet.

Maybe 445 Cu Yd.

Never had a chance to work with those boys. Those are some pretty big scrapers?

Anyway, if there is 2 places things are big, it's usally Texas or T-Line.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe 445 Cu Yd.

Never had a chance to work with those boys. Those are some pretty big scrapers?

Ahhh.
Not the first or the last time I slipped a slide rule.
Thats why I build Beef Packing House's and you build the roads and highways that feed America.
I know, you know this better than anybody. You can dig dirt from a area and make a big hole. But you go to spread that dirt over a large area. It aint never enough. haha

Link to that scaper.
21 CU FT!
http://www.deere.com/servlet/com.dee...R&pNbr=2112ET8

Last edited by fish4check; 03-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Ahhh.
Not the first or the last time I slipped a slide rule.
Thats why I build Beef Packing House's and you build the roads and highways that feed America.
I know, you know this better than anybody. You can dig dirt from a area and make a big hole. But you go to spread that dirt over a large area. It aint never enough. haha

Link to that scaper.
21 CU FT!
http://www.deere.com/servlet/com.dee...R&pNbr=2112ET8
Pretty impressive. The JD pull types are getting to be the way to go. Sorry CAT.

And yes, you easily lose 20% + dirt when you move it & recompact it.

Anyway, just having fun with you & best of luck with your current rebuild & may the weather gods be with you this year. I think they owe RC a break or two. Later.

Last edited by rcfisher; 03-19-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default BIG????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

but TRUE!!!!!!!! on BOTH counts!!!!!!

Hopefully we can see a lot of 'soil relocation' soon!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.