Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road >

SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys! I moved to St. Louis a couple years ago. I used to race with Steve Hale back in KC at Real-RC. I haven't been able to race for some time due to my job. (no free time) I am planning to get back into it this fall. Can you tell me if SmacTrac will be back in operation this fall? Is there a hobby shop on-site or do you have to byo parts? I am super stoked to get back in the hobby. So much has changed since I have raced last. I know nothing about lipo packs and brushless setups were in their infancy when last I raced. I have to relearn everything! Are my RC10T4 and B4 still viable to race or are they obsolete? Is there a website for SmacTrac?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and racing this fall!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony_B
Hey guys! I moved to St. Louis a couple years ago. I used to race with Steve Hale back in KC at Real-RC. I haven't been able to race for some time due to my job. (no free time) I am planning to get back into it this fall. Can you tell me if SmacTrac will be back in operation this fall? Is there a hobby shop on-site or do you have to byo parts? I am super stoked to get back in the hobby. So much has changed since I have raced last. I know nothing about lipo packs and brushless setups were in their infancy when last I raced. I have to relearn everything! Are my RC10T4 and B4 still viable to race or are they obsolete? Is there a website for SmacTrac?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and racing this fall!

The track is said to open in October. But i have not heard of the official date.

the B4 and T4 are still good. Not really any new updates to those 2.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think Scott is working on a website. A few pages back I think Scott said he was shooting for October for the reopening. 75% of the cars and trucks are B4's and T4's so you are good in that area. If you are ready to race before that B&L in Farmington, and Team J south St. Charles county are both great options with many of the same people that will be at Smac Trac when it opens back up.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, guys! I'll keep checking back to the forums for updates!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking into creating a Traxxas Slash class for this winter, but I don't know much about them. I hear that it is getting pretty popular and it sounds like it would be a good spec class for someone to race cheap.
Give me some input if you guys have it.
Thanx
Old 08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think having a cheap starter class is a good thing, but I kind of hate to see you add another class since we seem to be pretty packed all the time the way it is.

Since you can pick up used T4's and MF2's so cheap, would an alternative be to just hold tight reigns on the stock truck class, like requiring one particular motor for the stock class? That way too, if people want to move up they can just by changing motors, and they aren't stuck if the Slash fad fades out.

Doug
Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I think this would be a great class. Spec motors, and batteries! That would be a fun class.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You could run them like I did the Sliders last year, stock motor, battery, tires and a specified spur pinion combo. As stock as you can run them. Makes the racers work on tuning the car and themselves.
It was great, people came to the track bought a car and raced that night out of the package. Maybe set something up with the local shops that sell them, like first race is free when they buy the car from those shops.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

I like the class. I think keep the stock motor in the class. Changing of the electronics should be allowed. But keep it box stock. No hop up's allowed, even the Traxxas hop up's. The ball diff is $60 alone. If there is a part that fails often then allow a different part. Such as maybe the gearbox outdrives.

Allow Slash type tires. Proline or Losi may make a better tire than the stock. But the stock may be good.

I myself am going to be breaking out the RC10 Worlds car to run
Old 08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Well after doing some more research on the slash. I do not think it would be a good class. It is as big if not bigger than a 1/8 buggy!!

Also it seems it is a Stamped with just a chassis change.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The out of box stock class sounds like a great idea. I think the truck is still close to 1/10 size, it is bigger because the body covers the tires, I am not sure if that will make them too large for Scott's indoor track.
As far as changes, I would think a radio change would be allowed, so people can run their Spektrum/FAAST without the AM/FM crystal changes. The next question would be batteries, there seem to be a lot of people that no longer have the nimh batteries and discharges to go with them.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

IMO if you want to make a spec class with the interest of it being for newbies, you should do it with a T4 RTR at least then the driver will have the option of upgrading and running it in other classes later. The Slash looks cool though. You have to allow racers to change the radio equipment, and I understand why people would want everyone using the same batteries. But by forcing that along with a new radio receiver you are just running the cost up. I already have 7 or 8 batteries...having to buy another would turn me off to the class. Watching the videos of different tracks that are already running the Slash, it looks like fun racing.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Isn't Losi making one of these too, that maybe a better solution. I think it is based off the xxx buggy.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Yes Losi has one and Associated has one coming out soon. People won't buy the Losi because its a Losi. The Losi even comes with a 2.4 radio eliminating the need for a new receiver. The problem I see with the Losi does not look as realistic or handle nearly as bad as the slash taking some of the fun away. Another problem would be you already have a good number of Slashes in the area, I have seen one Losi.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

dodgeguy if you bring your worlds car out I will bring my team car to run with you I ran it once last year and did no worse than if I had drove the b4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.