Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road >

SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcAddict1
yes im Joe, you were trying to help me get a stripped screw out of my sc10 with a drill when one of my diff gears broke on my sc10, it was like a mouth ago
yes, i remember. Did you get it fixed? That RPP idler is bulletproof....you won't have that problem again.
Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
Tear up the forums, Carter, you go boy!

Hey Joe, good to see you on here!
I was strangely reminded of that diaper commercial where it goes "I'm a big kid now". But yes, If no one else is going to say anything interesting on here besides who gets who's chicken and how similar one tiny box of plastic is to another, then I guess i have to do it.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcboy1
yes, i remember. Did you get it fixed? That RPP idler is bulletproof....you won't have that problem again.

I was strangely reminded of that diaper commercial where it goes "I'm a big kid now". But yes, If no one else is going to say anything interesting on here besides who gets who's chicken and how similar one tiny box of plastic is to another, then I guess i have to do it.
yes i fixed it i had to take the back end of sc10 2 times because the diff case stripped. it was a nightmare taking it all a part
Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MooseDrool
Looks to me like you said it works...

I am not just defending orion to be defending them. I am trying to keep people from getting the wrong idea, and getting confused because of all of the B.S. you are spreading. Considering I don't even know who you are, or if you have ever even been to our track, I don't know why I am even bothering trying to explain anything to you.

I still am not sure how having a few of the same components on the main board means that they are the same ESC either. So you really think orion is going to take an ESC from another manufacturer, put some stickers on it, and charge double for no reason? There are soooo many things different on the ESC's and only a few things even similar. But, according to your logic, that makes them the same ESC. O.K.
hey Moose my GMC Yukon 4.6l engine shares the same spark plugs out of the Chevy Silverado 5.3l engine. so does this mean the 4.6 and 5.3 engine is the same? I'm so confused now...mr. cmsites do you have any info on this subject matter. thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cm.stites
Actually if you read what i said i said the way to find out would be to take your box and try and program his esc i never said it worked.But since you wanna read into it what you want it to say. heres one for ya does FEIGO still manufactures orions so called technologically advanced speed control? ive owned the orion esc's ive owned orion servos and ive owned orion nitro engines.If the orion was so technologically advanced how come they are just now adding the super push brake feature that tekin and lrp already have?? and why use the same 4 button lcd programming box thats been used with 4 or 5 different speed controls all made by different companys yet they all seem to be compatible with one another.and orions so great right? then you wanna buy the two puffed 90c batteries that never saw anything more then the bench since orion wont even rma them to attempt to warranty em..Since its all supposedly the esc that makes everyone fast now days. why not try and talk Matt or Aaron into putting a cheap ass hobby wing esc in one of thier vehicles and compare the laptimes from thier normal esc's to the cheap ones and see if it really makes that much difference. Since with non competition level driver just having a lil better quality speed control may make them feel faster but does not make the driver smoother.Or does the orion speed control make the drivers finger automatically smooth too? that would be technologically advance since the one i had didnt nor has the tekins,lrps,speed passions or hobby wings ive ran in the past.As far as trying to spill orion b.s. to me its not gonna work ive had em did i like em yes. do i think they are the best thing since sliced bread no..Would i ever tell someone not to buy em nope. personal preference on what people should buy not everyone can afford to go out and buy the latest and greatest technology thats still outdated before it releases..
The whole orion b.s. was over earlier when everyone agreed to drop it and not get into the battle of whats better and then you had to come on and spill more about how your the orion god of knows all.If feigo no longer is involved with the process of orion escs then i might apologize but until thats proven one way or another the whole everythings totally different isnt gonna work with me.
so if thats a brick wall because ive ran the stuff in the past then it can stay a brick wall just like these lipos can stay outside in the ammo box as paper weights.
Are you related to E-Racer?

Last edited by Mark Erce; 01-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chris81076
THIS KID IS BLOWING UP THE SMAC FORUM AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM THERE
ALOT OF BS IS ALL IM SEEING FROM HIM
GIVE IT A REST MAN!!!
he's actually there more than you Chris lol! his name is Carter Flotron and he's a cool kid. anyways I got that body coming for ya. peace!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey how about all you keyboard warriors shut up and go to bed. It's late and I need to be reading more interesting things other and butter and spark plugs. It's 12:30 kids, turn out your lights, grab some shock oil, rub one out and take your @$$ to bed.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

well i hate to do this, but due to a permanent schedule change at work, i wont be able to race at smac anytime even the summer schedule. thus has forced me to sell my sct. what i have is a team c / tq racing sx10 sct. comes rtr minus rx/tx. has hb beams (4) and Jconcepts Barcodes (4) all mounted. has the castle sidewinder sct bl system with 4 pole 3800 kv motor. no spares as i havent had a chance to collect any as i have been to the track once in november. has a jr metal gear servo. looking for 250 local. can meet on mondays or tuesdays. have pictures if interested. will also sell the roller for 150 local. offers welcome, would trade for on road gear. its a shame as i loved smac trac but when you cant make it, you cant make it lol. did great on the track and i was laying down some good lap times for the first time out. it is 2wd. pm me if interested as i dont check the forum much. if you want pics send me an email addy or phone number and ill text them over. thanks.

greg
Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Erce
hey Moose my GMC Yukon 4.6l engine shares the same spark plugs out of the Chevy Silverado 5.3l engine. so does this mean the 4.6 and 5.3 engine is the same? I'm so confused now...mr. cmsites do you have any info on this subject matter. thanks!
Yes, actually. They are exactly the same. Just ask c.m. stites.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris81076
THIS KID IS BLOWING UP THE SMAC FORUM AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM THERE
ALOT OF BS IS ALL IM SEEING FROM HIM
GIVE IT A REST MAN!!!
the great thing about it is how much he sounds like moose from about 2 years ago.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

TFears, I have 2 of these lipos for my E-Revo, and under the load of a high power brushless, pushing the E-Revo to speeds of 50+mph, these are great lipos for a great price. Yes, shipping is a bit much, and es they are backordered right now, but they will be back in less than 2 weeks. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8357
Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
the great thing about it is how much he sounds like moose from about 2 years ago.
Actually like 3 years ago!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And what does that SC10 have that the slash doesn't? It is more expensive, and other than the better turning radius, it doesn't look that much better.
Here is another fun one from the Moose archives.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Good luck today fellas. Unfortunately I'll be stuck at work
Old 01-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default Loaner

Does anybody have a vehicle I could borrow for the JConcepts Indoor Nat's?
I have a T4.1, but would like to run buggy or SCT also. I'd prefer AE vehicles, but beggers can be choosers.
PM me if you can't make this race & don't mind lending out your vehicle. For those of you that don't know me, Rippee & Scott will be my referance.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

For what it's worth, the last Orion esc was a restickered KO. No difference, just the sticker. I've owned both at the same time, plus I know some people at KO that confirmed this. If Orion did "build their own" this is a first for their company. But I can see them doing their own software, along with encrypting it so it would work only on their badged item. So this Stiles guy actually has history on his side.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

These pages get much shorter when you put them on the ignore list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.