Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Evolution Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Nitrorea your reasoning is complete understandable. With the rising cost of gas and nitro fuel things have been rather slow this year. Also with the horrible timing of the weather this year it's been really difficult to draw a crowd. RC racing always seems to have it's highs and lows with this year for STL anyways being the lowest I've seen it. This goes for on and off road both. It does seem that electric is making a nice come back in the off road scene. With the simplicity of brushless / lipo / and easy to maintain electric off-road cars I can see why. PLUS it doesn't take but a small piece of unimproved property and some plastic piping to be up and racing.

If you still have a car to run come mid september at least make it out for the racer appreciation race. Should be a good time.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:32 AM
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Offroad is not slow this year,Theres three tracks that race every race day weather permitting.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by B44
Offroad is not slow this year,Theres three tracks that race every race day weather permitting.
Do you really feel the need to rub it in?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
B44
Tech Master

...You have your B44 ready,Ken an I are going out too Team J this sunday.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

I ordered the motor and batteries yesterday. If I get them in time then I will definitely be out there.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
B44
Tech Master

Stlfc

Dont know if anybody told you about the front arm trick,Shorten the inner hinge pin about 3-4mm on the front arm.Then put a 3mm set-screw in the back of the arm,It keeps the hinge pin from digging in the chassis.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B44
Stlfc

Dont know if anybody told you about the front arm trick,Shorten the inner hinge pin about 3-4mm on the front arm.Then put a 3mm set-screw in the back of the arm,It keeps the hinge pin from digging in the chassis.
I did not know that but I do now. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ed they updated the front arms now when you buy a set they come with the short pin and the hole is smaller
Old 08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by B44
Yes Ed, off-road is more popular than on-road. I was pointing out the fact that it has declined also. If you remember last year Dirt Burners ran Saturday and Tuesday night. This year it's only scheduled for Saturdays. Even with the reduced schedule the last race I ran at DB only had 9 expert buggies. I would consider this a reduced amount of participation compared to years past.

Also, if your considering Edwardsville as one of the 3 you speak of I also ran there at the beginning of the summer with a 6 buggy main. If this is not slow, than you and I obviously have different ideas of what slow is. Yes, that's a good thing, what I consider slow is not so slow for you.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
B44
Tech Master

Did not race last year,So I dont know about DB.One bad day of entries does not mean a slow season.And I was not talking about c-ville.

And a 100 plus entries in off-road dont seem slow to me.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ed's cars in off-road seem slow to me !!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B44
Did not race last year,So I dont know about DB.One bad day of entries does not mean a slow season.And I was not talking about c-ville.

And a 100 plus entries in off-road dont seem slow to me.
Hate to poke in here, but when was the last time there was 100 entries other than SMAC's in the winter?? Summer racing has always been slow around here, its just too damn hot!!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default B44

Chris thanks for getting into that discussion. It is unfortunate that Evolution Raceway is such a great facility that has not had a lot of local support. We (Scott,Larry and myself) have given blood sweat and tears to provide ANYONE a great place to race. All of the at track support for example: help with tuning and tech support, we have gotten some racers sponsorships that otherwise would not have been available. We always have a supply of parts on hand to help and usually give them to racers at no charge just to keep them going. But anytime there is an opportunity to post a negative remark or smear anything that someone is trying to say i will never be let down by certain persons. Thanks for coming out and helping to support this great track Chris and everyone else that actually comes to race there.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks Todd you guys do a great job out there, I just wish I could run more. With that being said. I am currently selling my Nitro stuff, I have it on the for sale section now, if anyone local wants it PM me or call. I will give a local a better deal. And if anyone needs some fuel I have 3 quarts of 30% TQ Fuel I will get rid of for $5 a quart. I won't be able to make any more dates this season due to my work and school hours and wedding coming up fast. Hopefully next season I will have more free time and a new ride!!
Again thanks to all the Evo staff for the hard work they have put in to give us a WORLD class track to play with our toy cars on!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ToddB
Chris thanks for getting into that discussion. It is unfortunate that Evolution Raceway is such a great facility that has not had a lot of local support. We (Scott,Larry and myself) have given blood sweat and tears to provide ANYONE a great place to race. All of the at track support for example: help with tuning and tech support, we have gotten some racers sponsorships that otherwise would not have been available. We always have a supply of parts on hand to help and usually give them to racers at no charge just to keep them going. But anytime there is an opportunity to post a negative remark or smear anything that someone is trying to say i will never be let down by certain persons. Thanks for coming out and helping to support this great track Chris and everyone else that actually comes to race there.
Hey Todd, are you guys planning on making up any flyers for the Mid America Nitro Challenge? If so, I wouldn't mind bringing some with me to pass out when I got to Joliet for the Midwest series race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.