Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tzniut: Concerning Modesty and the Temptations in RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Please stop comments like these...this is not the topic. Smakdown never stated anything like this- so please dont make something so despicable an issue. Stick to the topics...
Haven't you seen Borat? Mr. Baron-Cohen is a practicing Jew yet on an international and hugely popular film pokes fun at his own religion, on several occasions. I respect him for that and think he's bloody hilarious

The fools are those who think it's terrible...the real joke is on the people who agreed with him as they had no idea he is that which he is racist against. I saw it on a Friday night in town with my wife then we went for a hamburger and a few drinks.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Last time i checked this is RCtech and not I-am-a-religious-Jew-so-you-should-be-too-tech??

Can we PLEASE talk about R/C Cars?!! This other chat just bores me to tears!
And you have your own Secular Jewish thread for you to post in.
And if you disagree so much you have the express writen permission to not read nor post in the threads that bore you to tears.

Now about trophy girls.
I am a Christian man and believe in the G-d and I find it to be disrespectful to Him and my wife to hug up on any women that isn't a close friend or family member. When I won at the Scion race last year this how I posed for the picture.
http://www.imagecoast.com/images/MrS...ookiepic03.jpg

Yes they are touching me but not all over me I told them that it would disrespect my wife. They all were very nice and respected my desission.

-Shookie <><
Old 05-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
And you have your own Secular Jewish thread for you to post in.
And if you disagree so much you have the express writen permission to not read nor post in the threads that bore you to tears.

Now about trophy girls.
I am a Christian man and believe in the G-d and I find it to be disrespectful to Him and my wife to hug up on any women that isn't a close friend or family member. When I won at the Scion race last year this how I posed for the picture.
http://www.imagecoast.com/images/MrS...ookiepic03.jpg

Yes they are touching me but not all over me I told them that it would disrespect my wife. They all were very nice and respected my desission.

-Shookie <><
Nice pics Shookie. Good example of a man trying to keep G-d's commandments in that situation, that's all. This is what this thread is about. One of the commandments and basics in Torah and the NT is the teaching of keeping ones thoughts clean and pure from sexual perversion or sins. And if I recall, Jesus taught that when a man allows himself to have thoughts about another woman he is already commiting adultry in his heart(maybe one of you Cristian friends can confirm this, or better yet, cite the verse so all can see) then point being that we have to guard our minds from sin, by not letting sinfull thoughts enter our hearts or minds, and this goes for all sins, like stealing, cheating, hurting someone, or sexual sins...so we have the resposibility to make sure we do not put ourselves in a position that gives way for these temptations to creep in...'cause its easy to fail and give in...and the consequences can be fatal in some cases.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Haven't you seen Borat? Mr. Baron-Cohen is a practicing Jew yet on an international and hugely popular film pokes fun at his own religion, on several occasions. I respect him for that and think he's bloody hilarious

The fools are those who think it's terrible...the real joke is on the people who agreed with him as they had no idea he is that which he is racist against. I saw it on a Friday night in town with my wife then we went for a hamburger and a few drinks.
Woe to those who look up to "Borat" as their examples in Torah and Judaism ...its obvious he is not an Observant Jew. He is not Orthodox, and if he were, what he is doing is still wrong, and doesnt justify that. Just because he, and other secularized/reform Jews like him do this kind of stuff, doesnt mean its right or brings honor to G-d, Torah, or Judaism...that's why Torah forbids foul language and obsenities, and stresses clean decent speech, as does Cristianity and other major world religions.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

All of the 10 commandments are in the NT. And have been added to as well. You are right that if you look on a women in lust you have already commited adultry in his heart. Thou shalt not Kill, If you hate them in your heart then you have already killed him and so forth. I can post all the verses if someone wants
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by mopar70
All of the 10 commandments are in the NT. And have been added to as well. You are right that if you look on a women in lust you have already commited adultry in his heart. Thou shalt not Kill, If you hate them in your heart then you have already killed him and so forth. I can post all the verses if someone wants
Please post those passages. The intent is to see what is called in Rabinnic terms "the spirit of the Torah/laws of G-d", which refers to the inner or broader sence of the commandments of G-d, which are equaly inportmant and one with the written letter of the Torah, or the straightforward simple commandment.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

What I'd do is similar: first, have a talk with the directors, or personell in charge of the presentations, and let them know beforehand the situation, and explain to them what that we cannot take pictures with inmodestly dressed girls, or touch them, and that if its possible to arrange it so that a gentlemen present the tropy. If its the girls who must present them, then I'd ask for other fellas to be in the picture, and explain to the directors and the girls that they cannot touch me or me touch them( however, if they are not dressed decently, I wouldnt take the picture at all; if they are modestly dressed, then I'll move to one extreme of the picture and have the girls on one side, and the fellas in the middle as a buffer between me and the girls).
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Enjoy your religion and passages guys, I'm off to have fun on the other threads.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The Ten Commandments of the Old and New Testaments

1) Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

• Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

2) Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

• 1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

• Acts 7:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

3) Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

• Matthew 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
• 34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
• 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
• 36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
• 37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

• 1 Timothy 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

4) Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

• Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

• Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
• 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

5) Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

• Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

• Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
• 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise
• 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

6) Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

• Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
• 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

7) Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

• Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
• 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

8) Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

• 1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
• 7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

9) Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

• Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
• 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

• Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
• 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
• 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

10) Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

• Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

• Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited by mopar70; 05-08-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Thanks for the post Mopar70...Well, hope this gets us all some kind of idea of the point we were trying to make...that we are to keep ourselves from being in those kinds of situations. Also, there is another principle in play here. And that is the principle that we are not to put ourselves in a situation that will cause our reputation to be tarnished, or cause a desecration of G-d's name or honor. In this particular case, even if one is able to avoid touching the girls, what would hapen if pictures are taken of the trophy/awards presentations by magazine reps, etc, but the girls are dressed in bikinies, t-tops, short shorts, or similar inmodest clothing, and the pics are taken and printed in magazines...if you happen to a G-d fearing Jew, or a Pastor, etc, and these pics are being circulated, then its quite possible that you'll get people talking about you and how this situation, negatively. These things are also to be avoided, and we must take the necessary measures and precausions so that we dont put ourselves in a position that will bring us shame or give rise to a bad reputuation or rumors, etc, or worse, dishonor to G-d and Torah.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

I am here to post that I am a Jew, and I follow basic laws such as celebrating Shabbat and occasionaly going to Shul on simchas. I was also lucky myself to go to a Jewish primary school and to have a barmitzvah.

I consider myself a Jew because that is my religeon, and I beleive that no one should be forced to follow every rule in the Torah that G-D states because we are allowed to have our own thoughts.

When someone can give me proof that backs up the religeon, I promise you I will follow every rule in the book.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
DKB
Tech Adept

I struggle with the chick thing but with G-ds grace Iam coming through. Hi shookie nice to see a pic of ya.
To all the crew that call them self's Jews but do not attempt to follow G-ds commands I say to you: A man can stand in a garage all he likes but that doesn't make him a car.

Last edited by DKB; 05-12-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Errr...can't ya just bone her ?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DKB
I struggle with the chick thing but with G-ds grace Iam coming through. Hi shookie nice to see a pic of ya.
To all the crew that call them self's Jews but do not attempt to follow G-ds commands I say to you: A man can stand in a garage all he likes but that doesn't make him a car.
I have never heard of a man standing in a garage trying to be a car
Old 05-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

I did it once...I stood in the garage for about an hour, then "drove" off down the street making V8 engine noises . I ran out of petrol about half way down the street (it is quite long), but luckily I had some Milo (it really does keep you going) on me, and drank that. Someone called the cops (six days later when I reached Newcastle, from Sydney), and I was detained and sent to a mental hospital for six months. I can tell you that I am NOT going to do this again. So DKB, I strongly suggest you don't stand in a garage and pretend to be a car...kapish ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.