Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > International Racing Team
Let's Revive This Crew!  Calling for New Members! >

Let's Revive This Crew! Calling for New Members!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Revive This Crew! Calling for New Members!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Hakarunjer? Huh?

Originally posted by Cmotif
Sorry, I don't know what one of those is.

Yeah, Best of luck to you on your Nationals. How many racers are going to be there for that?
Thanks man..... Hakarunjer is a personal lap counting, exactly the same as Orion Pro LCS.....
Greetings from Indonesia
Old 03-18-2002, 09:17 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So I was talking with my Indonesia friend today about Indonesia. He was guessing that you are Chinese. His mom was Chinese and his dad was native Indonesia (though adopted by a Chinese family). They were very wealthy at one time, owning 8 houses and an island. Last is all in bankruptcy when my friend was young.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-18-2002, 10:24 PM
Regional Moderator

So I was talking with my Indonesia friend today about Indonesia. He was guessing that you are Chinese. His mom was Chinese and his dad was native Indonesia (though adopted by a Chinese family). They were very wealthy at one time, owning 8 houses and an island. Last is all in bankruptcy when my friend was young.
Nope I'm not Chinese.... well, maybe 50-50 RC in Indonesia maybe also called an exclusive hobby, because of the monetary crisis So this hobby is about 5 times more expensive... wow and not so many people can afford it
Old 03-19-2002, 07:05 AM

I have noticed that RC can be a pretty exclusive hobby in some countries like Brazil, and Indonesia and probably the Philipines. I think that in the US, though not cheap, there is just more "disposable" income, so a wider range of people race RC cars.

It is a lot cheaper than racing the full size cars, and some of us would love to try that if we have that kind of extra cash.

Personally, most of my gear (Other than electronics) I buy used.

Have
Cobra Mod Lathe,
Air Compression and Air Brush
Digital Multimeter
Dynamite Vision Peak Charger
4 matched 2000 packs
MIP Tweak Station
MIP Camber Tool
MIP Toe-In Tool
Lynx 3D FM radio

Arriving today should be two Mini-zs, in an aluminum travel case, along with rechargable Nimh batteries.

I love that this club is international. Right now I am youth pastor at a Korean church.

I love foreign culture, and especially love foreign food.

What is the food like in Indonesia?

Here is a photo of my family.
Attached Thumbnails Let's Revive This Crew!  Calling for New Members!-three.jpg  
Old 03-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

I love foreign culture, and especially love foreign food.
What is the food like in Indonesia?
i think chinese food and japanese food are the most popular in here.... such as vegetables, meat, etc

Last edited by daniz24; 03-19-2002 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:31 AM

I love Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian and Mexican food. We used to have a couple of Chinese foreign exchange students living with us when I was in High School. So we learned where the better Chinese restaurants were in town. When I lived in Scotland, there were a lot of Indian restaurants there, and I loved it. Later, I got married, and my wife loved Indian food too. She had served as a missionary nurse for 4.5 years in Bangladesh and learned how to cook their curries etc. I lived in San Diego for a couple of years, and they have lots of Taco houses. I would love to get Carne Asada burritos. You knew that you had a really good chance of getting some really decent Mexican food, if when you went in, the workers behind the counter could hardly speak English, and all the customers were speaking Spanish to eat other.

Korean food is cool. I like that they Bar B Cue a lot. Have a very good Bar B Cue grill myself. I like that they use a lot of really hot spices.

In the last few weeks, my favorite restaurant has been "Happy Teriyaki". I think that the people have own it are Chinese, but they still do good Teriyaki and Tempura.

I forget, do they grow coffee in Indonesia? I am also a coffee freak. I'm not big on South American coffee. I really love coffee that comes from Africa or is grown on Islands.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-20-2002, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

I prefer Pizza Hut

I love South American coffee, my Dad goes down there alot for work and he brings back some really good coffee from places down there.

Speedo
Old 03-20-2002, 05:26 PM

Where is South America? Have you ever had coffee from Africa or from Islands? Ethopian Mocha Harrar is great, so is Kenyan Kilimanjaro AA. Currently I get my best coffee through Trader Joe's.

What does your dad do?

Pizza Hut is pretty good. I like their cheese stuffed crust Pizza.

Flying Pie Pizzeria and DeNicola's are my favorite Pizza places in Portland.

Pete's Pizza for Calzones are the Bomb in Spokane.

Are you guys going to be going to any local full size car races in your region of the world?

I am hoping to attend some drag races and road races at Portland International Raceway this spring and summer.

Later,

Cmotif <><
Old 03-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

He sells irrigation equiment, for agriculture, not lawns. He also sells irricad, a program used for designing sprinkler systems.

No, I have never tried any african coffe...

Speedo
Old 03-20-2002, 09:43 PM

It is very nice, African coffee

I understand agricultural irrigation systems. My Uncle and Grandfather were farmers. Farmer until the Washington Department of Ecology stripped them, and everyone else on the prairie of their water rights. 483 acres of land, which they were only then allowed to irrigate 11 of it. We fought it to the state supreme court.

The moral of the story, if the state wants it, they can take it, even if you have the legal documents that say that it is yours.

My dad helped design the irrigation system for a huge tree farm (Georgia Pacific?) just outside of Irrigon, OR. My dad has been an electrical engineer for ages. He is now database manager for the Spokane City Police Department.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

I'll have to try some, where can I find it?

Why did the state want it?

Speedo
Old 03-21-2002, 07:54 AM

There is a creek that runs through the property. We had the earliest water right to the water, and were allowed pump a certain number of gallons per minute to irrigate. More people kept moving into the area, many of them never have water rights, but were still pumping. There were some complaints. So they took the water away from everyone. It had nothing to do with protecting fish or birds or anything like that.

Our family needed the increased yields that irrigated farming brings to be able to survive as farmers. My uncle went through Bankruptcy. But now he has bounced back and has a successful construction business.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-22-2002, 11:14 PM

Default Photo of my New To Me Mini-zs

Here is the ad as it read from ebay --Two Kyosho Mini-Z R/C racers (Black Subaru WRX and Red Nissan Skyline) with original boxes, custom carry case, 8 excellent NIMh Batteries(the good ones), charger, spare gears, spare tires, etc.. This has everything you need for you and a friend to start having fun! Although used, they function perfectly, and still look very nice. I am an expert slot car builder, and have polished the working parts, and have set up the front suspension and rear differential for proper damping/limited-slip function. If you intend to full-out race these, you will probably want to add the rear damper, and a hotter motor, Otherwise, the work is all done for you. They're quite fast as they are. If you are just going to be a casual user, don't worry, these are not excessively modified and definitely not "worn out"- they are smooth, tight, and sweet. I'm sure you will like them.

Needless so say I am excited. I would have had them DAYS ago if the seller's wife had told him that she had recieved my money order and deposited it. He was still waiting for it, and was still waiting to ship it. Lame and Frustrating that whole deal. But when the cars get here, it is going to be fun.

Whatever hop ups I do to one, I will need to do to the other so that they will stay competitive cars with each others. I have a race in the box, always ready to go now!

Cmotif <><

Cmotif <><
Attached Thumbnails Let's Revive This Crew!  Calling for New Members!-2minizsa.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking :P

Old 04-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

hey everybody remeber me? im back from the dead! i think i was like #1 wait no lol jk i think # 20 or so pamike tell me and i'll put it in my sig.

PS remember FTY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.