Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro buggy in grand rapids area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Nitro buggy in grand rapids area?

Hey guys, I'm working an IT contract through the end of June up here in grand rapids. I'm wondering if there are any good nitro offroad tracks in the general area. I've been traveling a lot and basically havent been able to hit the track since Feb.

Anyways, id like to check out some tracks, if there are any i can hit up in the evenings during the week.... Assuming I can figure out the logistics of flying my mugen up here every week.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
Hey guys, I'm working an IT contract through the end of June up here in grand rapids. I'm wondering if there are any good nitro offroad tracks in the general area. I've been traveling a lot and basically havent been able to hit the track since Feb.

Anyways, id like to check out some tracks, if there are any i can hit up in the evenings during the week.... Assuming I can figure out the logistics of flying my mugen up here every week.
Unfortunately West Michigan does not have a large nitro following right now.... There is not much local nitro racing going on, other than on the East side of the state. If you are looking for just a place to practice, send me a PM. I own The Stables Raceway in Fruitport (about 25 minutes West of GR), which is built of 1/8th scale, but since it's just me maintaining the facility, I only host a few races every year, but we can connect and have you come out and practice! Not sure if Roman's Ground in Sand Lake allows for nitro and/or what day/time they practice up there.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

And if you do want to do some serious Nitro racing, you should check out the Michigan State Championship Series (http://www.rctech.net/forum/indiana-...ip-series.html or www.michstatechampseries.com)! Lots of fast nitro racers from all over the state and beyond (IN and OH). The next race of the series is this Saturday (6/2), which would probably be too soon if your stuff is still in Texas....
Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the info... I'll give you a shout. Looks like I missed the boat on the state championship series though.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ruune
thanks for the info... I'll give you a shout. Looks like I missed the boat on the state championship series though.
Actually, you are in luck. The race was rescheduled due to the weather. The new date is 6/16. Check it out at michstatechampseries.com or visit the Michigan State Championship Series FB page.