R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Hong Kong Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing-21/)
-   -   Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing/61230-where-all-rc-shop-hong-kong.html)

boatster101 01-26-2005 07:42 AM

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

HI

can you gays help to make a list of rc shop in hong kong and their address .would to go there to do some rc shoping.

thank you

mike:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KiwiKid 01-26-2005 09:47 PM

Mike,

Go to Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. There are more than a dozen rc shops there. You can't go wrong.

Cheers.

boatster101 01-27-2005 04:45 PM

thank bro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KiwiKid
Mike,

Go to Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. There are more than a dozen rc shops there. You can't go wrong.

Cheers.
[/QUOTE

Thank you so much

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Dirt-Racer 01-28-2005 06:05 AM

Originally posted by KiwiKid
Mike,

Cheers.

By any chance you know of a place (ie market place) that sells old stock, vintage rc?? or is it all there in Kwong wah st??.. Being a collector should give you an idea :nod: ..Thx m8

mini19 02-02-2005 02:19 AM

Hi guys.

1. Can anyone advise which shop in Hong Kong sells Traxxas Emax?

2. I am also looking for the shop that Express parts.

Please reply with address and telephone numbers.

Thank you.

Stealthy Ninja 02-02-2005 05:02 PM

Re: Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Originally posted by boatster101
HI

can you gays help to make a list of rc shop in hong kong and their address .would to go there to do some rc shoping.

Gays??!! :weird:

LOL Interesting Typo

mini19 02-03-2005 10:43 PM

Stealthy Ninja, do you know who is the distributor for Traxxas in Hong Kong?

Stealthy Ninja 02-04-2005 12:18 AM

Yeah I do...let me remember. I know it's not in Kwong Wah Street. They are also the Team Orion destributors...

City Hobby Enterprises Ltd. - Distributor
Shop F,G/F, Lisa House, 33-37 Nelson St.
Mongkok, KLN

Hong Kong

Pho: +85 227 870 899
Fax: +85 223 936 681
[email protected]

mini19 02-04-2005 09:34 PM

Thank you very much, Stealthy Ninja!

Really appreciate your help!

GONG XI FA CHAI!

Stealthy Ninja 02-06-2005 09:46 PM

I am not Chinese :p

Though I know what you said...it's Mandarin (what you wrote) not Cantonese (which is what most people speak in Hong Kong. :)

Gong Hei Fat Choi

mini19 02-08-2005 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Stealthy Ninja
I am not Chinese :p

Though I know what you said...it's Mandarin (what you wrote) not Cantonese (which is what most people speak in Hong Kong. :)

Gong Hei Fat Choi

Cantonese yeh!

GONG HEI FATT CHOY!!!

jayps 02-23-2005 03:44 AM

Hello! I'm a racer from manila and ive also been told to go to kwong wah street in mongkok to look for parts. I'm looking for a shop that has parts for kyosho's v1rr evo and triple r as well as team magic's g4. any suggestions? also if someone can help me download a map of the area. haven't been to HK in ages. thanks

Stealthy Ninja 02-23-2005 05:43 PM

Well many years ago I discovered this page: http://www.nitroreview.com/hongkong.cfm

This is how I found out about it, and I LIVE HERE!!! LOL :lol:

Stealthy Ninja 02-23-2005 05:47 PM

UPDATE ON TRAXXAS

I went to City Hobby the other day to try and get a Emaxxx (which they didn't have) and the guy had to call the distributor for traxxaaaxxaaass in Hong Kong. I asked teh guy in City Hobby if they were the distributor for Traxxas and he said no. I asked him where the distributor was and he said it was only a wholesale place.

BTW, there are no Emaxxs for sale in Hong Kong right now (that I could find), and the distributor had none in stock. It's the old annoying thing you get here "That one's not popular in Hong Kong...so we don't sell it." Damn! :mad:

jayps 02-23-2005 06:41 PM

thanks!:D

BundyMan 03-04-2005 06:33 PM

Any good shops in Kwong Wah Street to look for good engine bargains?

buboy28 03-04-2005 11:25 PM

Originally posted by BundyMan
Any good shops in Kwong Wah Street to look for good engine bargains?
try HARMONY MODEL and TQ RACING they might be able to help you;)

Stealthy Ninja 03-06-2005 05:38 PM

Originally posted by buboy28
Umm Harmony is good, but pricey. Look other places first (my favourite for value and good service is Action Hobbies, a small shop but they have good prices, knowledge and are helpful.

Go to Harmony LAST, they are not bad service wise (the guy behind the counter is the one to talk to), but they are more expensive...as I said before, they have things the other shops don't have, so if you can't find it in the other shops, go to Harmony.

Basically shop around. Make sure to go into the little mall on the corner of Kwong Wah and Dundas Street, there are a lot of shops there too. Ask around, there will be some difference in prices...

BundyMan 03-09-2005 09:52 PM

Thanks ninja. Can someone post the address for RC mushroom??

Rgds

Myker* 03-09-2005 10:57 PM

Flat 6, 11/F., Sun Cheong Ind. Bldg 2.,
Cheung Yee St., Cheung Sha Wan,
Kowloon, Hong Kong

KiwiKid 03-09-2005 10:59 PM

Just wondering, do the RC shops open on Mondays and Tuesdays and if so from what time to what time generally? Thanks.

Solara 03-10-2005 01:32 PM

Originally posted by KiwiKid
Just wondering, do the RC shops open on Mondays and Tuesdays and if so from what time to what time generally? Thanks.
From where you find out they are not open Monday and Tuesday..? Most store usually open 7 days, but mostly open from 2:pm till 8:00pm............don't expect they open too early.

BundyMan 03-13-2005 06:52 PM

Originally posted by buboy28
Anyone can provide me the address or phone number?? THanks a lot!

teamgatch 03-14-2005 08:59 AM

websites

any hk hobby store online?

Patriiick 04-10-2005 07:33 AM

my best recommendation for a store in HK is Action hobbies on Kwong wah street.
Andy Lam is the best, he runs a TC4 and has a good stock of Asso and Xray parts.

Tell him I sent you :) and he s got great prices too..

This is not a paid advertisement :)

diesel 04-11-2005 01:15 AM

Brushless for cars

Hi there, does anyone know of any hobbyshops in HK that carry Schulze brushless escs and LMT/Plettenberg brushless motors? Can I have their address or email addy?

Thanks. :sweat:

RockDragon 04-11-2005 06:56 AM

Re: Brushless for cars

Originally posted by diesel
Hi there, does anyone know of any hobbyshops in HK that carry Schulze brushless escs and LMT/Plettenberg brushless motors? Can I have their address or email addy?

Thanks. :sweat:

Try GOOD-TECH R/C MODEL
G/F., 16 Kwong Wa St., Mongkok
Tel: 35202270 Fax: 35202287
[email protected]

diesel 04-11-2005 07:12 AM

Hi rockdragon, thanks for your prompt reply and info. Cheers. :nod:

RockDragon 04-11-2005 07:14 PM

schulze's worldwide dealer network

schulze's worldwide dealer network

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/adr_e.htm

Genius 04-21-2005 09:46 PM

Hi everyone. just wanted to ask if there any hobby stores in the Hong Kong side. I plan to go there sometime this month but ill be staying on the Hong Kong side. Just looking for possible alternatives rather than going all the way to Mongkok. Id appreciate any feedback. thanks :)

RockDragon 04-22-2005 08:47 AM

Here are list of Hobby & Model Supplies-Retailers from Yellow Pages.

http://www.yp.com.hk/iypconsumer_e05...unt=&txtMatch=

Here is Hong Kong Map. Just click on the location you're looking for to zoom in the map.

http://www.centamap.com/cent/index.htm

Stealthy Ninja 04-24-2005 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Genius
Hi everyone. just wanted to ask if there any hobby stores in the Hong Kong side. I plan to go there sometime this month but ill be staying on the Hong Kong side. Just looking for possible alternatives rather than going all the way to Mongkok. Id appreciate any feedback. thanks :)
There are soem on the Hong Kong side, there are 2 in Wan Chai (World Model and some other one) and another one somewhere. But to be honest. It's not that far to go to Mongkok on the MTR (Max 15 minutes, depending where you are staying) and Kwong Wah Street is much cheaper and has a lot more shops, which are all in one place too.

http://www.nitroreview.com/hongkong.cfm

Genius 04-24-2005 10:51 PM

thanks for all the info guys. I think I'll take your advice Stealthy Ninja and just head over to Mongkok. Is there anything I should keep in mind when going there like do's and dont's? or any particular shop i should visit? I race 1/10 on road and 1/8 buggy. thanks again! :) :nod: :tire:

RockDragon 04-25-2005 01:56 AM

.... Is there anything I should keep in mind when going there ........ thanks again! :) :nod: :tire:
Just keep in mind that most shops in Mong Kok deal with cash (HKD), that's why they can do cheaper price. The extra charge may be added if you pay by cards.

Stealthy Ninja 04-25-2005 06:58 PM

Originally posted by RockDragon
Just keep in mind that most shops in Mong Kok deal with cash (HKD), that's why they can do cheaper price. The extra charge may be added if you pay by cards.
That's true. Usually 1% charge for CCards. Just bring the cash your budget will allow you to spend and go from there.

thanks for all the info guys. I think I'll take your advice Stealthy Ninja and just head over to Mongkok. Is there anything I should keep in mind when going there like do's and dont's? or any particular shop i should visit? I race 1/10 on road and 1/8 buggy. thanks again! :) :nod: :tire:
You are in luck, 1/8 buggy is pretty popular in Hong Kong at the moment, thanks to a newish track that opened last year (if I am right). In 2003 it wasn't popular at all, but now you can get kits/parts all over the place. 1/10 onroad shouldn't be a problem either. Hong Kong has a lot of Serpent, Kyosho and so on. I think you'll easily find what you need.

There is no shop I would say to avoid. Just remember that Harmony Model is the biggest on the street and therefore has the most stuff...BUT it is also often the most expensive, so shop around.

If you want good advice, service and a good price, head to ACTION HOBBIES first, they are the best. But they are small, so they don't always have as much as others. There is a guy there (Alan I think, he is really tanned and speaks English really well) who knows a lot about RC and will give you great advice and service. He happens to be one of HKs top racers too, so you know the advice is good. As far as I can tell by looking at HK magazines, he is sponsered by Associated. So go there first and see if they have what you want.

Basically you'll need to shop around. You will find (for some products) slight differences in prices. SOme shops will sell things in their boxes/bags (for example) but it might be slightly more expensive than another shop who breaks up a kit for parts or pulls a servo out of a transmitter set to sell the parts separately. If you understand what I mean. For example, when I bought my Futaba 3PK, I already had some servos for it, so I just bought the transmitter on its own without servos or a receiver, at a reduced price. For things like servos, make sure they let you see them working first (usually they will show it too you without asking). Generally the guys are honest I think, but be a little careful anyway.

Just know what you want and shop around. :) Oh and know the approximate price of the part/kit or whatever...of course, you don't want to buy something for more than you'd pay at home ;)

Lastly, you'll probably see in most shops, second hand kits in the windows. Of course these range in price and quality, but you might be able to pick up a bargin there, and with a few new parts, have a good newish car. You really need to be a bit careful buying second hand of course (as there are no guarantees) but it is a thought. Harmony Model has a lot of second hand 1:10 nitro cars which you might want to check out.

That's all, good luck and good huntin'.

Genius 04-25-2005 08:06 PM

Awesome!! thanks again for the great info. can't wait to go.:)

Stealthy Ninja 05-01-2005 05:39 PM

Awesome!! thanks again for the great info. can't wait to go.:)
One thing I think I forgot to mention the shops open late, so the best time to go is about 3 pm HK time

bluz 05-12-2005 06:01 AM

Hi Ninja and anyone who can help/advise,
Appreciate if you could advise where's World Model? I will be in HK staying in Wanchai. Is the hobby shop near the computer mall? I've been to Kwong Wah last month and bought lots of stuff! This time i might not have the time to go there as my meetings would end quite late. Thank you in advance.

There are soem on the Hong Kong side, there are 2 in Wan Chai (World Model and some other one) and another one somewhere. But to be honest. It's not that far to go to Mongkok on the MTR (Max 15 minutes, depending where you are staying) and Kwong Wah Street is much cheaper and has a lot more shops, which are all in one place too.

http://www.nitroreview.com/hongkong.cfm

Stealthy Ninja 05-13-2005 05:37 PM

Originally posted by bluz
Hi Ninja and anyone who can help/advise,
Appreciate if you could advise where's World Model? I will be in HK staying in Wanchai. Is the hobby shop near the computer mall? I've been to Kwong Wah last month and bought lots of stuff! This time i might not have the time to go there as my meetings would end quite late. Thank you in advance.

OK, you know when you go out of the WanChai MTR and on the left there is the Computer Mall. Well turn right, and keep walking for a block or two. If you keep going straight, World model should be on that side of the road (to your RIGHT).

This is their contact page on their site, it as a link to a map:

http://www.world-model.com/contact.html

bluz 05-13-2005 05:45 PM

Got it! many thanks.

OK, you know when you go out of the WanChai MTR and on the left there is the Computer Mall. Well turn right, and keep walking for a block or two. If you keep going straight, World model should be on that side of the road (to your RIGHT).

This is their contact page on their site, it as a link to a map:

http://www.world-model.com/contact.html