?????Rc Shops in Hong Kong?????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

?????Rc Shops in Hong Kong?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

will most of the RC shops opens on 1st Jan 2011? Any idea?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SurgeK5
will most of the RC shops opens on 1st Jan 2011? Any idea?
I won't bet on it...
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ganymede
Don't forget the famous dim sum (Michellin Guide Star Chef) shop directly opposite Action Hobby...
Always wondered why there were so many people standing out in the street waiting for tables...
Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by renjie
Always wondered why there were so many people standing out in the street waiting for tables...
And now you know...
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any recommended shops selling 2nd hand RC items in hong kong? Looking for used engines in particular.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by holeinone
Any recommended shops selling 2nd hand RC items in hong kong? Looking for used engines in particular.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8074214-post18.html
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ganymede
... then walk again to Victory Ave (Jet Hobby).
Hey ganymede, just found out about Jet Hobby via your post. Not to sound like I am lazy , but is it worth the walk to Jet Hobby from KWS? I am new to this hobby but I am only interested in off-road rc trucks.

And did you ever make your way to Telex Model Centre?

Cheers.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rayzilla
Hey ganymede, just found out about Jet Hobby via your post. Not to sound like I am lazy , but is it worth the walk to Jet Hobby from KWS? I am new to this hobby but I am only interested in off-road rc trucks.

And did you ever make your way to Telex Model Centre?

Cheers.
if you have the time, its never too bad to visit. Jet hobby is the distributor of HPI, Traxxas and a few more brand in HK.
i just don't like the way they manage their inventory... most of the parts i need from them are "out of stock".
Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
... Jet hobby is the distributor of ... Traxxas ...
Thanks RevMaxx. That is good to know. I wish I knew about them earlier. I just bought a 1/10 4x4 Traxxas Slash from Harmony. Maybe I could have gotten a better price at Jet Hobby. I didn't try hard to ask for a discount because the store was about to close and I didn't want to go home empty handed because I told my daughter that I would try to find her a car that day. But he didn't really offer much when I did ask.

Along with the Slash, I bought a 1/24 Losi rally car for my daughter. But now I am thinking that I should have bought a similar car for my daughter so that we could play on the same terrain and run time. So now I am thinking about giving the Losi to my nephew and buying two more 1/10 or 1/12 rc trucks for my two daughters.

We've been playing three consecutive days with the cars and we are really having a lot of fun with the Slash. We just went to the hills behind our home today and played with the cars/trucks while hiking. The Losi had trouble in many areas (of course) but the Slash was able to go just about everywhere we went, except for the 20-30 feet of stairs.

So since Jet Hobby is the distributor for Traxxas, I will definitely give them a visit.

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i just don't like the way they manage their inventory... most of the parts i need from them are "out of stock".
Hey RevMaxx, I dropped by Jet Hobby recently. I didn't really pay attention to the parts area since I am not at that stage yet but their inventory of off-road trucks and buggies is probably the most impressive of all the RC car stores in HK (at least in the KWS area, I haven't gone to the store in Wan Chai or Kwun Tong yet).

Thanks again for the reference to Jet Hobby.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rayzilla
Hey RevMaxx, I dropped by Jet Hobby recently. I didn't really pay attention to the parts area since I am not at that stage yet but their inventory of off-road trucks and buggies is probably the most impressive of all the RC car stores in HK (at least in the KWS area, I haven't gone to the store in Wan Chai or Kwun Tong yet).

Thanks again for the reference to Jet Hobby.
Don't worry about Wan Chai. Shops there are only selling toys or only tamiya stuff.... If you need traxxas stuff go to rcmart. They do have lot of parts and option stuff for traxxas and offroad stuff. If you like AE stuff can check out World model too which is HK dist for Team Associated.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Where are the hobby shops in the Wanchai district I usually stay in the Causeway bay district which is quite near to Wanchai.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mon
Where are the hobby shops in the Wanchai district I usually stay in the Causeway bay district which is quite near to Wanchai.
think only 2 shop in Wanchai. On Wanchai Road close to the VW dealer. One right beside the VW dealer only have very few Tamiya RC stuff, the other one a little further down on the same side of the street. That shop sell mostly Chinese brand RC stuff.....
Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Do you have the name of the shop or the address thanks. Is it near Wanchai computer center ?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mon
Do you have the name of the shop or the address thanks. Is it near Wanchai computer center ?
Man, google map is great, lol. But to be hornest nothing interesting there......

http://maps.google.com.hk/maps/mypla...,215.88,,1,4.1

http://maps.google.com.hk/maps/mypla...163.83,,1,2.98

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.