Wiki Posts
Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Yea I bought the express mini 2-3 months ago in Mongkok, with the old style Mini cooper body! hehehee don't wanna ruin this kool body on the track, so I reckon I'll be getting a less kool body for the mini and then take it to the track
where did you buy your xpress bro? do you still remember the shop where you bought it?
Old 11-25-2003, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diva
How come everybody's talking about Mini Xpress now. Isn't it the show time?

Cough...cough. I should have cleaned off the dust before I took it out of the garage.
hey diva, sweet ride!!! in fact its so sweet, i might get diabetes just looking at it... heheheheh
Old 11-25-2003, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
where did you buy your xpress bro? do you still remember the shop where you bought it?
There is this ONE store in Mongkok.. they got all kinds of Mini Xpress stuff..... I'll be heading there within the next few days, and I'll get the name of the store for you.
I got the basic one for 550HKD. They have a beter version (more hop-up parts) for around 950.
From my understanding, there is this store in wanchai side street, forgot the name, but used to be inside CC Wu building, they have at least one Mini Xpress left. Their stuff is generally fairly cheap.
Guys, shall we have a Mini Xpress session sometime in the near future at PYC?
Old 11-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default warren

yeah i got my xpress imported from hong kong threw a guy named warren ( Roadrunner ) is his name on rc tech i paid $400 australian thats including tax and postage and handleing.

i aint selling mine it goes well . Over hear xpress has a shit name everyone races tamiya team assosiated and schmacer or how ever u spell it. i just wanted to know if it is more respected in hong kong where it is made.

why does xpress not have a good driver anymore they need to get a better name cause my xpress is as quick as the top of the line cars over hear which they are paying from 600-900 dollars austrailan for
Old 11-25-2003, 07:37 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
are you by any chance selling it? is the xpress capable of running with standard-sized touring car tires?
I use to run std tires with a HPI Pajero shell......it gave it its "Off road" look!

I need to take a look at the car before I decide if it is worth selling or not. I know where it is but haven't taken it out for quite a while...so I can't remember the condition. All I can remember is that I had to add 2 pieces of fibreglass on the gearbox in order to get the chassis to ride LOW......
Old 11-25-2003, 07:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: warren

Originally posted by Ercle
yeah i got my xpress imported from hong kong threw a guy named warren ( Roadrunner ) is his name on rc tech i paid $400 australian thats including tax and postage and handleing.

i aint selling mine it goes well . Over hear xpress has a shit name everyone races tamiya team assosiated and schmacer or how ever u spell it. i just wanted to know if it is more respected in hong kong where it is made.

why does xpress not have a good driver anymore they need to get a better name cause my xpress is as quick as the top of the line cars over hear which they are paying from 600-900 dollars austrailan for
It was not a bad car during its time. However, quality has moved on and gone are the days when you have to "hand fit" a car. The punters expect more for their money.....
Old 11-25-2003, 07:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Kawahara Manifold

I bought one of these tonite....but I'm not sure my Y3100 was well spent. The manifold is 14mm at the point where it joins the pipe. However, it is only 12mm at the point where it joins the engine. Somehow I think I'd rather run a true .15 manifold with a different exhaust gasket....which was what I used to do????!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: warren

Originally posted by dtm
It was not a bad car during its time. However, quality has moved on and gone are the days when you have to "hand fit" a car. The punters expect more for their money.....
Sometimes "quality" can go thru' several generations in a fairly quick pace. It makes me think of the SSG, Black version, Ray Speed and then Tub. All the above process makes me get rid of the SD. Or I was wrong to get one at the very beginning.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lawndoggie
There is this ONE store in Mongkok.. they got all kinds of Mini Xpress stuff..... I'll be heading there within the next few days, and I'll get the name of the store for you.
I got the basic one for 550HKD. They have a beter version (more hop-up parts) for around 950.
From my understanding, there is this store in wanchai side street, forgot the name, but used to be inside CC Wu building, they have at least one Mini Xpress left. Their stuff is generally fairly cheap.
Guys, shall we have a Mini Xpress session sometime in the near future at PYC?
ok. when you get the name and address of the store, please post it here. thank you very much.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
I use to run std tires with a HPI Pajero shell......it gave it its "Off road" look!

I need to take a look at the car before I decide if it is worth selling or not. I know where it is but haven't taken it out for quite a while...so I can't remember the condition. All I can remember is that I had to add 2 pieces of fibreglass on the gearbox in order to get the chassis to ride LOW......
please see if its still good and if you want to sell it to me (and hope you sell it cheap...heheheh )
Old 11-26-2003, 03:12 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: warren

Originally posted by Diva
Sometimes "quality" can go thru' several generations in a fairly quick pace. It makes me think of the SSG, Black version, Ray Speed and then Tub. All the above process makes me get rid of the SD. Or I was wrong to get one at the very beginning.
You where wrong to buy one in the first place........but like most of your cars....the SD was "just visiting"......
Old 11-26-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: warren

Originally posted by dtm
You where wrong to buy one in the first place........but like most of your cars....the SD was "just visiting"......
You're partly right. For this case, I didn't even put it on track. I'm too busy with my TC3. hehe
Old 11-27-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default jumbo kong tires

do you guys know what shop in HK sells imex jumbo kong tires? a friend of mine will be in HK and I've asked her a favor to get me a set of these tires.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default hmmm

so use trying to say it aint a fast car???
Old 11-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im sure with proper hopups and setup, the car would be just as good as any other out there, just that everyone moved on to some newer better cars that the xpress cars just kinda died.

anyone here is willing to sell their express japan? haha..ive been looking for that car for a long time...couldnt find one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.