HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 03-09-2003, 08:29 AM
  #12706  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Corse-R
Another photo, this time, covered.
the body looks very nice !

I like P35 too !
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-09-2003, 06:08 PM
  #12707  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tai Po, HKG
Posts: 133
Default

Originally posted by KY9fat
Well me and Manticore saw a guy with different sprongs on the 4 corners at PYC on Sat.....All I can say is He can't even steer straight let alone turn!
I treat these people Theory like "Mo Hup Shiu Sh-it". Its just fun
to read
Are you kidding?
i think he just blow water on 4 diff compounds at 4 corners
He really did that?
Mingfinity is offline  
Old 03-09-2003, 06:17 PM
  #12708  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Raymond
I think Mr. Leung has not done a good job so far. But I think a replacement will even do a worse job. The government needs to be re-structured and down-sized. 0-3-3 for salary cut is ridiculous. Some analysts (on TVB show tonight) said the civil servant salary had been increased by 30% from 97 till now.

Will the tax increase affect people spending on R/C?? I myself once a week at SpeedDome. Equipment improvement about 200 a week on average.
Leung's capability is always a doubt but I can say that he is the best person to sit on this position since the China gov't doesn't need a capable but only controllable person. Leung and Tung are the only choices though we all know that they will ruin HK.

Being a CS, I agree that CS should be down-sized. But I don't think 0-3-3 is reasonable. It should be 0-0-0 and cut the headcount hardly. There are many rubbish in CS. That will save more and produce more effectively. Punnishing the whole CS (including the good ones) is not fair. And what's more, it is our choice to be a CS. Many ppl didn't even consider CS as a job. I have a friend who started an IT company told me that CS job is rubbish and tried to persuade me to join his company. He offered 50% more than what I got at that moment. It was back to early 1997 when I just paid my down-payment of my apartment. After serious consideration, I chose to remain.

Take me as an example. I'm from IT industry. It's my choice to take stability instead of wealth though many classmates of mine got futures, shares when their companies went IPO. Not to mention that some others in banks enjoyed the housing benefits. The one who established www.foodstreet.com.hk is one of my best friends. He sold 20% share of this site at HK$1M. Can't you believe it. But it was back to 2000. He also said that CS job is a rubbish and doesn't suit him.

In 1997-98, I only got 6% increment while many others got 30% - 300% pa (including the annual bonus and double pay).

For those who said that CS salary is too high, why don't you join it. My wife didn't like CS job when graduated. She joined many companies including Cable TV. But finally she joined the CS force in 1998. Everybody knows that CS job's only advantage is stability. She and I perceived that economic down-turn would start then. So she joined CS. It's our choices. Don't red-eye people.
Diva is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 12:48 AM
  #12709  
Tech Regular
 
PeterCheung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tai Po, Hong Kong
Posts: 381
Default

Originally posted by Mingfinity
Are you kidding?
i think he just blow water on 4 diff compounds at 4 corners
He really did that?
yes, he does.
so we can find out who he is very easy on the track~
PeterCheung is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 03:00 AM
  #12710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

peter, what have u done after u identify this pro ?
ernestf is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 03:11 AM
  #12711  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
peter, what have u done after u identify this pro ?
ernestf: did you put different springs to your TC3? if you didnt, you learn less !
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 03:27 AM
  #12712  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tai Po, HKG
Posts: 133
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
ernestf: did you put different springs to your TC3? if you didnt, you learn less !
I really want to see this guy in person!
Mingfinity is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 04:12 AM
  #12713  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 70
Default

Originally posted by Diva
Leung's capability is always a doubt but I can say that he is the best person to sit on this position since the China gov't doesn't need a capable but only controllable person. Leung and Tung are the only choices though we all know that they will ruin HK.

Being a CS, I agree that CS should be down-sized. But I don't think 0-3-3 is reasonable. It should be 0-0-0 and cut the headcount hardly. There are many rubbish in CS. That will save more and produce more effectively. Punnishing the whole CS (including the good ones) is not fair. And what's more, it is our choice to be a CS. Many ppl didn't even consider CS as a job. I have a friend who started an IT company told me that CS job is rubbish and tried to persuade me to join his company. He offered 50% more than what I got at that moment. It was back to early 1997 when I just paid my down-payment of my apartment. After serious consideration, I chose to remain.

Take me as an example. I'm from IT industry. It's my choice to take stability instead of wealth though many classmates of mine got futures, shares when their companies went IPO. Not to mention that some others in banks enjoyed the housing benefits. The one who established www.foodstreet.com.hk is one of my best friends. He sold 20% share of this site at HK$1M. Can't you believe it. But it was back to 2000. He also said that CS job is a rubbish and doesn't suit him.

In 1997-98, I only got 6% increment while many others got 30% - 300% pa (including the annual bonus and double pay).

For those who said that CS salary is too high, why don't you join it. My wife didn't like CS job when graduated. She joined many companies including Cable TV. But finally she joined the CS force in 1998. Everybody knows that CS job's only advantage is stability. She and I perceived that economic down-turn would start then. So she joined CS. It's our choices. Don't red-eye people.
What a serious argument. I am not in a position to give any comment "how" to downsize the governemnt structure. I believe many of the CS are hard-working and productive. I dio not "red-eye" anybody who make a fortune whatsoever. Several things to note when we look at the SAR as one "corporation".
- HK government spending last year is over 200 billion HK$ and 70% is on salary and benefits.
- deficit is about 6% of GDP (70+ billion per year); and operating reserve is only 230 billion left - very dangerous level that pegged-rate will be attacked by speculators (HK is lucky that US dollar has gone down by almost 20% for the past 2 years)
- income is mostly from corporate tax and income tax;

The HK SAR has to maintain the operating reserve at 150 to 200 billion in order to save the peg-rate for the next two years, and balance the income/expenditure; hoping that the economy will turn around. So either cut cost, increase tax, sell assets, or generate services to make money -- what else??

I understand that year 98/99 was a .com bubble (salary down trend already started in 98. But the .com bubble pushed up the IT salary again, making the salary correction tougher). People made money, but lot more people had lost money. HK had been thru' many up/down cycles in up trend until 98. But this down turn will hit people really hard that we did not experience before. Two years ago, I speculated that the HK average salary needed to drop about 40% in order to compete reasonably. It is hard for everybody. Anyways I think we don't need to discuss this anymore in this forum. Wish everybody good luck to ride through this tough time, and of course we still have fun on R/C.
Raymond is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 06:54 AM
  #12714  
Tech Regular
 
PeterCheung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tai Po, Hong Kong
Posts: 381
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
peter, what have u done after u identify this pro ?
simply passed him, but sometimes i couldn't because he always crash in the corner
and he 'let me go first'~~kakaka
PeterCheung is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 07:11 AM
  #12715  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Raymond
What a serious argument. I am not in a position to give any comment "how" to downsize the governemnt structure. I believe many of the CS are hard-working and productive. I dio not "red-eye" anybody who make a fortune whatsoever. Several things to note when we look at the SAR as one "corporation".
- HK government spending last year is over 200 billion HK$ and 70% is on salary and benefits.
- deficit is about 6% of GDP (70+ billion per year); and operating reserve is only 230 billion left - very dangerous level that pegged-rate will be attacked by speculators (HK is lucky that US dollar
you guys are getting too serious! too serious......
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 07:12 AM
  #12716  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by PeterCheung
simply passed him, but sometimes i couldn't because he always crash in the corner
and he 'let me go first'~~kakaka

how come? the perfect car wont crash itself!! ops could be the driver !
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 07:37 AM
  #12717  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
how come? the perfect car wont crash itself!! ops could be the driver !
And I though that my TL-01 was really Fast. Kakakaka
KY9fat is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 07:47 AM
  #12718  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
you guys are getting too serious! too serious......
Agreed with Manti Come on guys, Forum is for RC car BS and "Cup Sing Tai Fat" Only.
KY9fat is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
  #12719  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by KY9fat
Agreed with Manti Come on guys, Forum is for RC car BS and "Cup Sing Tai Fat" Only.
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-10-2003, 08:29 AM
  #12720  
Tech Regular
 
PeterCheung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tai Po, Hong Kong
Posts: 381
Default

PeterCheung is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.