Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore

give and take, your engine will be running at a higher temp whilst air cooling with the pipe is bad with the foam blocks.
Actually the foam is stuck on the Shell and not the pipe. Didn't made any different to the engine temp at all But it sure help to protect my pipe.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:23 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Friends: Just confirm with the travel agents and now I can go to Japan for a vacation next Monday!!! Wow, anythings want me to bring back to all of you??

Mars: Any parts from yokomo want me to buy for you?? May I know when will the big racing event be held on December? I really want to participate but don't know whether I can come back on time!!
Old 11-28-2001, 05:29 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Kingcrab: Don't be frustrated! I'm sure you will have better result next time!! Did you have difficulties in choosing tires when running in Yataba Arena??
Old 11-28-2001, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
Friends: Just confirm with the travel agents and now I can go to Japan for a vacation next Monday!!! Wow, anythings want me to bring back to all of you??
dont remeber to buy yourself some 1500 mah Sony nimh AA cells for your TX. it is the best AA nimh cell i have ever used. you can get those in hong kong but the price in Japan is much cheaper.

besure you have enough cash (yen) for RC stuff as you will need to pay 5% surcharge for credit card.

Do you have any idea where to go for RC staff? If you dont, I have a map for you.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Fai: Can you bring me a whole RC shop ?
Have a good trip !
Old 11-28-2001, 06:01 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Manticore: I see... Thanks! I think I will shop around at "Autumn Leaf" station (really don't know its English Name)... Is it ok??

Minto: Thanks! Honestly, if those shops in Japan don't have any discounts, I still think it will be cheaper to shop in HK!!
Old 11-28-2001, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by fai
Manticore: I see... Thanks! I think I will shop around at "Autumn Leaf" station (really don't know its English Name)... Is it ok??

Minto: Thanks! Honestly, if those shops in Japan don't have any discounts, I still think it will be cheaper to shop in HK!!
Yap. That shop is 10 min walk from the station. It's on the 2/F or 3/F without any banner or indication. So pay attention. Don't get kit. Parts are far cheaper than from HK. I remember that when I visited there last year, Keyence Zero was selling at around HK$1500 while the Mongkok price is above $2000. Of course, that difference varies with the currency. Have a nice trip.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fai

Mars: Any parts from yokomo want me to buy for you?? May I know when will the big racing event be held on December? I really want to participate but don't know whether I can come back on time!!
Fai: The big race is HK International GrandPrix. Will be held on 14-16 Dec at Sha Tsui Rd. If you want to join, you better do so now as there won't be too many places left. Go to your familiar hobby shop to see if they can help you join. I just joined yesterday.
How long will your Japan trip be? Hope you get what you want and enjoy your trip. If I think of anything I want you to help me get, I'll called you!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai

yes that is the district, but there is only one shop with 30% off on all item, the rest of them are either 10% or 20% off
Old 11-28-2001, 08:04 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Diva/Manticore: Thanks! As I go by myself, I think I will have enough time to shop around at that district!!

Mars: I'm sure I'll join either today or tomorrow... you know, I miss this last year and I don't want to miss this time! But another problem is that will our boss let us run the qualifies?? Really need to think of some excuse...
I'll be back on next next Monday.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:43 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat

Is it a Dodge? it looks like a BMW?
Cheeky bugger!!! Has it ben soooo...... long since you last ran RC that you've forgotten what a Dodge looks like??!!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:45 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai

Lucky bugger!!!!!! I want one of those big RC shops please!!!! No, make that one of those tall, leggy Race Queens!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:48 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

dont remeber to buy yourself some 1500 mah Sony nimh AA cells for your TX. it is the best AA nimh cell i have ever used. you can get those in hong kong but the price in Japan is much cheaper.
Definately!!! Those Sony 1500 are my oldest Tx batteries but they are still the BEST!!! Well worth the extra Yens!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

fai, enjoy your trip lar !!!! hope we can meet again on track next week. it has been a month since i last visit PYC
Old 11-28-2001, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dtm, so how is your TRF414 ? got it yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.